IGNORED

FLAPPY BIRD: Maybe coming into A8... and also C64!...

José Pereira

Hi.

Some days ago Sack posted a video of this Modern 'RETRO looking&feeling' game here:

http://formatwar.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=463

And as usual I posted my proposal :) .

The game seemed good and easy for the same coder do the A8 and the C64 versions.

It would be a shame if only one of the two will have a version. So my proposal to Sack is that I convert the gfxs/sprites and idea (colours apart it's almost the same for the two) but he must code the two versions.

It isn't 100% confirmed but I hope he gets some free-time to code it.

Just to share because some of you may not know or go into FormatWar.

:)

Edited by José Pereira

Actually, I was going to try and do it for the 10-liner BASIC comp.

It's one of those games that could be done simply, or throw everything at it, ie do a slow-scrolling background with non-participating graphics then either use softsprites or PMGs to do the stuff in the foreground.

Wait - the game 'Bats' (http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-bats_20892.html) has the same principle but is 32 years old... :)

I LOVE that game. It was one of the first games I bought on a tape at the SAG (Atari Foundation) in The Netherlands. There it is called Vleermuis. It is still a nice game.

I tried that Superfly 1k+ game btw. Well... that is a keeper, that is for sure. What a nice game, and that in 1023 bytes. That is awesome!

Actually, I was going to try and do it for the 10-liner BASIC comp.

It's one of those games that could be done simply, or throw everything at it, ie do a slow-scrolling background with non-participating graphics then either use softsprites or PMGs to do the stuff in the foreground.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing! But my idea has changed to a game like Glider for the Mac, with static screens.

I once had a friend... he was a VERY old man (95 years old) and he was very healthy and loving his life, with a boat and friends. I loved it to chat with him about anything. I once asked him whether his thoughts were different when he was 30. He told me that he still thinks and feels the same way as when he was 30. I loved that idea.

Unfortunately he passed away.

But his idea gives me a nice feeling. It is not bad to grow old... you do not change!

• Like 2

I thought it'd be nice to prove that you could do it on a 1/1.7mhz machine in very little time and *actually not bugger up the collision detection*

It's pretty much a nice to have throwaway game that someone was going to do sooner or later sdo I figured I'd give it a try...

Edited by sack-c0s