IGNORED

FLAPPY BIRD: Maybe coming into A8... and also C64!...

José Pereira

That other, the one is still in the making and mo available file yet.

What you can do is following it at www.lemon64 in the Forums->New Releases with the title "Flappy Bird".

This was opened becai.euse of the 'more like the original, was already public.

The audio on Happy Flappy reminds me of Ghouls'n Ghosts stage 2. It's awesome. I can't wait till it's released.

Flappy Bird already plays great though.

Okay, I had some trouble with Happy Flappy. First, there's all sorts of video weirdness in NTSC mode on VICE, so I had to switch to one of the PAL options. But also in PAL, there appears to be some audio weirdness. So it's not working completely right for me yet.

It's a bit easier than Flappy Bird.

Edited by BillyHW

Thanks to share with us Billy.

I didn't know that it was already available because I didn't visit any C64 site yesterday ;) :) .

I'll try it later when I return home.

But no problem if there's already two C64 versions of Flappy.

We just, maybe, have to wait a little bit more for the A8 version but what's the problem in that?

"The last take it all!..."

You guys just have to pray and wait...

;)

:)

P.s.- Maybe another Tablet may come into A8 but this 'city jumping ;) ' only later this year :) ...

I've already played two versions of flappy bird on a8:

1k-Version Floppy Bird from Frederik Holst and

10 lines Version Fluky Bird from 1NG

It's a very simplistic game, in my opinion there is no need for a full featured game (title, music, parallax scrolling, billions of colors...)

• Like 1

[offtopic]

Hello Frederik,

if I were evil and use ftp://frederik.hol.st/atari/8-bit/mystuff

I can suddenly see all your A8 software. Most of these programs were once sold commercially. So, is your software freeware now ? Is it allowed for anyone to download it and give it to other Atarians (free of charge of course)...?!?

Greetings, Andreas Koch

[/offtopic]

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Hi Andreas,

no, you're not evil in doing so :) - in fact, I offer all these programs in my "mystuff" folder publicly and free of charge for more than 10 years (among others, indexed by http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/xlsearch )

So far I haven't declared them as freeware or public domain as i didn't want to allow others to charge users for commercial compilations etc. once i have time to figure out what would be the best way to maintain my rights as creator and be duly credited while at the same time make sure that people to get access to my software free of charge, i'll look into that.

Best,

Frederik

Edited by freetz

@JAC!: Thanks, it's great to get the feel of my first (and most amazing) computer again :)...

@BillyHW: Yes, that's why I liked the idea of coding it with just 1kB - people don't necessarily need tons of graphics and sound and all that - it's just like Bushnell's motto: easy to learn, difficult to master... And when I think of those days where we often did not have the manuals to all these games (or even if we had, they were badly written, my own ones included ;) )... Just trying to find out how something works and then be so happy when you got further and further step-by-step :)...

Something I posted at the FloppyBird topic:

And untill now it's the first that I could play something.

Is it easy compared to modern ones :mad: and C64's versions (Happy easier but still hard)?

Sure it is because the others I don't get much more than 2,3,4 and here I'm up 30s sometimes ;-) .

I really would love to have a real C64 now to play them. I am thinking if I had the real machine and joystick what would be different?

Anyone tried playing the C64s in the machine joystick and in the keyboard. Where do you think its easy or you get further?

I ported Floppy Bird to the ATARI 5200, you can find the ROM-File here:

ftp://ftp.hol.st/atari/8-bit/mystuff/floppy52.rom

(obviously larger than 1kB now ;) )

I also added "stages" to both versions, so the columns get closer the more you progress, ending up in a cavern-like sequence, enjoy :)!

(Mirrors, please update the ATARI 8-Bit version accordingly: ftp://ftp.hol.st/atari/8-bit/mystuff/floppybrd.xex)