IGNORED

2014 Midwest Gaming Classic

thanatos

I'm so happy that toward the nd of the show yesterday, we mananged a 3 system jag link network of battlepshere and my jag worked was worried that after 2002 it wouldn't.

I'm glad to have had the opportunity to get in on this as well :D It was fun once I figured it out. Just go easier on me next year ;)

The event overall was great fun for us. Way too much to see in 2 days! Favorite parts for me was the museum and the experience we had as "The Doctor Who family" all day on Saturday. There was even a few systems I didn't even know about. I even came away w/ a VIC-20 for $10, which will go well next to my C64 (didn't plan on getting a system). Who ended up with the NIB Vectrex? I was definitely eyeing that one up -if I had more alotted to spend.

Also, a big thanks to all the great, respectful, and responsible people there. My daughter noticed Saturday night before we left for the day, that she lost her purse. After some looking, it was turned into the lost & found at the desk (Ipod intact)!

• Like 1

The layout of the convention was very nice.

Although the tent setup was less than optimal for the vendors themselves (standing water etc), it was absolutely AWESOME for consumers.

People could wander around without standing right on top of each other. Even during the busiest parts of the day-shopping in the tent appeared to be very smooth. In other conventions you literally couldn't MOVE without having to wade through a sea of people to get to vendor tables.

Because of the setup-I spent more at the convention than any other year. I'm sure that helps the health of the convention to have consumers/gamers be relaxed/not stressed out.

@bikeguy, I love to buy all complete in box items including intellivision. I'm sure you'd get plenty of people wanting to buy your stuff (if they are like me ofc) :P

I spent alot of my money already, but when I get some more (next month or whatever) I'd like to pick up some of your common intellivision games if possible.

-Alpha

@bikeguy, I love to buy all complete in box items including intellivision. I'm sure you'd get plenty of people wanting to buy your stuff (if they are like me ofc) :P

I spent alot of my money already, but when I get some more (next month or whatever) I'd like to pick up some of your common intellivision games if possible.

-Alpha

-Alpha

I brought the games with me but wound up not bringing them in due to the madhouse in the vendor tent. If you are still interested in the games, PM me and I'll send you a list of what I have.

So, clearly, the way to move merchandise that isn't selling is to raise the price. Sounds effective.

I think it was two different systems. The $400 one had a more dinged up box that I was questioning whether it had been opened and resealed or not. The $700 looked pretty minty.

I'm so happy that toward the nd of the show yesterday, we mananged a 3 system jag link network of battlepshere and my jag worked was worried that after 2002 it wouldn't.

I felt like a jerk bouncing back and forth between upstairs and downstairs...I don't know if I'll bring arcade cabs and the Jags again next year. With the rain coming in, we ended up hurriedly loading cabs and pins and I didn't even get to enjoy my own networked Battlesphere. :(

DSC_3191_zps86a6f1a7.jpg

DSC_3192_zps5c15863e.jpg

Edited by racerx