IGNORED

"The best Winter Games there ever was"

Wickeycolumbus

Russia was one gold medal away from Canada's 14 gold medal winter games record.

It was nice to see Russia do so well!

Canada in summer games is another story.. Summer whats that I cant remember.. We still got 10 days forecasted -30C ahead...

Oh and we dont close schools and roads for the record. And yeah I know you southerners dont have snow plows and driver experience. Ya gotta be tough. And it keeps the riff raff out!!

• 2 years later...

Since you're from Texas also, did you see where some news outlet showed how Texas would be 3rd in the gold medal count if it were its own country? I think secessionists are a bunch of goober nuts but its still a pretty funny stat!

I saw a stat like that early, but I do not know how it ended up. Early on most of the gold medals were won by either Texas or Maryland, but I am sure the other 48 states eventually caught up.

This just in your swimmers act like 12 year old girls and are a disgrace to your country for making up a mugging..

Our Olympians dont get paid like the american ones. They are pretty much on their own.

Your team usa womens soccer goalie also is a whiney loser. Disgrace.

A little over the top don't you think? I'm curious, what do you call it in your country when someone pulls a gun on you and demands (via an off the street translator who may or may not have helped the situation) that you give them money or they won't let you leave? In the US thats either extortion or unlawful detainment. I agree that the swimmers acted poorly, but I dont agree that there was zero truth in their story.

This just in your swimmers act like 12 year old girls and are a disgrace to your country for making up a mugging..

Our Olympians dont get paid like the american ones. They are pretty much on their own.

Your team usa womens soccer goalie also is a whiney loser. Disgrace.

They made a bad decision and now they are dealing with it and I really don't feel bad for them at all. It looks like the Rio police may be hiding some information about that night though.

We don't pay our Olympians. They can get sponsorships and I think they may get money for winning a medal, but that is it.

In addition to being a whiny loser she is also physically abusive to her family. I am not a fan of hers at all.

They made a bad decision and now they are dealing with it and I really don't feel bad for them at all. It looks like the Rio police may be hiding some information about that night though.

We don't pay our Olympians. They can get sponsorships and I think they may get money for winning a medal, but that is it.

In addition to being a whiny loser she is also physically abusive to her family. I am not a fan of hers at all.

Yeah the whole story does not add up about the swimmers.

It is a shame these people can not be happy that they are in the olympics and doing well in life.