IGNORED

videogames hardware handbook

Dripfree

I just picked this up from Barnes and Nobel.

retrogamerhardware1-thumb.jpg

It's pretty cool, but I did find it was missing some systems that I wanted it to have. I just searched It and found out there is a second volume that had some of the systems the first was missing.

hardwarehandbook2-thumb.jpg

Thought it was kinda cool so I posted it so anyone else who may be interested would know its out there.

• Like 1

My wife got me this book for Valentine's Day:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0754823903/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&tag=atariage&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0754823903&linkCode=as2

Just came out last month, too. Sure, its missing a few systems/notable games, but otherwise is a pretty good read/write up of most of all the hit games and classic systems.

True, but it's a UK book. The Spectrum ZX is on the front cover of Volume 1. It most likely would not have even a mention is a US book.

I can understand that from the Apple 2, which was a US-only success, but the Atari 8-bit computer was very popular in UK, had its own shops (Silica Shop, The Atari Centre), its own magazine (Atari User, Page 6, Monitor), British developed software and Atari 8-bit software was everywhere to be found. Atari Inc and Atari Corp had offices and warehouses (Slough) in UK. As I read somewhere before, the Atari 8-bit was the second best selling import computer in the UK, After the C64.

Edited by high voltage

I bought the first edition (1977-1999) a few weeks ago- there is the Intellivision but no Colecovision? I see, I have to buy the second edition (forgot that the CV is a pre-1999 machine) - sorry, but this makes no sense to me -or is this the british sense of humor?

Some nice pictures and informations - but the "Ten perfect 2600 games"? Ice Hockey (Activision)??? And in Germany we have to pay € 23,50 for it.

I can understand that from the Apple 2, which was a US-only success, but the Atari 8-bit computer was very popular in UK, had its own shops (Silica Shop, The Atari Centre), its own magazine (Atari User, Page 6, Monitor), British developed software and Atari 8-bit software was everywhere to be found. Atari Inc and Atari Corp had offices and warehouses (Slough) in UK. As I read somewhere before, the Atari 8-bit was the second best selling import computer in the UK, After the C64.

Thanks for explaining, I had no idea the Atari 8-bit was a success over there.