IGNORED

Technical Problem...

Omega-TI

Is anyone out there that is using a TI RS-232 with the HDX modification also using a Lantronix UDS-10 at the same time? If so, maybe you can help me out...

I'm having an issue that I cannot resolve on my own. I can telnet from the PC to the TI and get a valid connection, I can even send data FROM the TI to the PC, but NOTHING shows up on the TI screen, EVER. It's really starting to irritate me as this should have been an easy one to just plug in a get online with.

The cable has been triple checked, the connections are proper, but no matter what I try, I get nothing, nada, zilch on the TI screen.

Thanks.

Assuming you know that the RS-232 card is good so it's not a hardware problem ...

Check what the value for the ConnectMode configuration parameter on the Lantronix is. This determines if and how the Lantronix echoes characters back. Look at the Lantronix manual pages 28 ("Modem Mode" at the bottom of the table) and 31**. Configure the Lantronix over Telnet rather than using the Web Manager if possible - I found the latter would sometimes not set/reset some values properly, and ISTR that the ConnectMode was one of them. Once you've found a set of configuration settings that work, make sure you write them down somewhere safe. ;-)

** Page numbers in the full UDS-10 manual available here: http://www.lantronix.com/pdf/UDS10-UDS100_UG.pdf.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

Is anyone out there that is using a TI RS-232 with the HDX modification also using a Lantronix UDS-10 at the same time? If so, maybe you can help me out...

I'm having an issue that I cannot resolve on my own. I can telnet from the PC to the TI and get a valid connection, I can even send data FROM the TI to the PC, but NOTHING shows up on the TI screen, EVER. It's really starting to irritate me as this should have been an easy one to just plug in a get online with.

The cable has been triple checked, the connections are proper, but no matter what I try, I get nothing, nada, zilch on the TI screen.

Thanks.

have you re-enabled interrupts? the switch/jumper on my boards

Greg

• Like 1

have you re-enabled interrupts? the switch/jumper on my boards

Greg

Hi Greg,

To be honest, no I've not looked for a switch or toggle yet.. I'm getting tired of wrestling that tank of a P-Box out and opening it up. It seems every time I get it all hooked up, put away properly, with the cords & cables just so... I gotta mess with it all over again. I don't remember a switch or a jumper for that matter, but that does not mean one is not there. If I have some time later today, I'll check. If not, I'll probably wait for a couple of weeks until I pick up that the other complete system I'm buying. When I get it, I'll pull the RS-232 and plug it into my box, if it works, I'll decide then if I want to get it modified to work as RS-232/3 & /4 or if I want to go the toggle switch route and not be able to use the HDX when I'm online.

It's only a hobby, it's only a hobby.....

ti99-rs232-complete.gif

number 5 is the cut trace, if you haven't got a jumper or switch wired here, that is your issue.. you need one if you are going to use interrupt driven software like say.. term programs

IMG_20130109_201356.jpg

You see on mine (above picture) the wires coming up from there and a toggle switch out the back so you can turn it on and off. If you have interrupts enabled and your DSR is corrupt or empty then the TI won't boot. If you just cut the trace and not put in a switch or jumper then it will always boot, and always not work with term programs :)

Greg

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 2

You see on mine (above picture) the wires coming up from there and a toggle switch out the back so you can turn it on and off. If you have interrupts enabled and your DSR is corrupt or empty then the TI won't boot. If you just cut the trace and not put in a switch or jumper then it will always boot, and always not work with term programs :)

Hey, thanks for taking the time to post the visuals! That really did the trick, (to get me to open up the TI yet again), but I will have to do it later; too much other other stuff getting in the way today, and I only have 1/2 hour left before I gotta go.

THANKS AGAIN!

number 5 is the cut trace, if you haven't got a jumper or switch wired here, that is your issue.. you need one if you are going to use interrupt driven software like say.. term programs

ou see on mine (above picture) the wires coming up from there and a toggle switch out the back so you can turn it on and off. If you have interrupts enabled and your DSR is corrupt or empty then the TI won't boot. If you just cut the trace and not put in a switch or jumper then it will always boot, and always not work with term programs :)

Greg

This is most helpful. From Kevan's earlier description, I thought the problem he had with not receiving on the TI end was related to hardware flow control lines not receiving a proper signal. Good to know (or be reminded of) this interrupt line.

• Like 1