IGNORED

Favorite version of RIVER RAID?

Atari 2600...simply because I played the hell out of that game as a kid, when all I had was the 2600.

Perhaps I should look into playing the hell out of this on my other systems today??? I'll just tell my wife that I can't go shopping with her because I MUST test out River Raid on my other systems...the fate of humanity depends on this experiment! :D

my wife from way back finished River Raid on VCS took her 7+ hours (with breakes) and what a surprise it was to see the !!!!!! at the end. RR was her favourite VCS game

• Like 1

River Raid was one of the first games we (my parents) bought for the atari 8-bit. I really liked that version. My friend had an MSX (I also got one later) and River Raid on the MSX wasn't as colorful as the Atari 8-bit version. But at least it has smooth scrolling, which is nice, considering the VDP which doesn't have hardware scroll. I think all versions of River Raid look good, but the Atari 8-bit version looks best :)

• Like 1

only one other person said it, but I'm going to have to say the 5200 version...

it's graphically well done, and there is scoring stratagy, that is absent in the 2600 version involving the bridges and tanks crossing the bridge...

and.... the analog control gives precision control if your plane.. River Raid is one game that takes advantage of the 5200 sticks!

it's these reasons why I prefer the Atari 5200 version of River Raid above all others

• Like 1