IGNORED

Who Wants To See A 2nd Run of Ghosts n Zombies?

VectorGamer

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a second run of Ghosts n Zombies?

• Yes!!!
    • Nope...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I am not the programmer or publisher. Just a collector that wants to play the friggin' game.

A second run could be done in a way that protects the investment of the first run: different cartridge and/or label, cart only release, cart and manual only, CIB with alternative labels and box art.

Time's yours...

• Like 3

Heck yeah I'd be down for another GnZ release, GnZII etc, etc.. Just as long as we all get to play the game. Im not picky!

Its such a popular game, there was mention of a second release later this year maybe IIRC.

I was going to bid on a copy last week but then again I never played it and so I hesitated on buying it. I just wish there was a demo you could play..

That's also my philosophy, it never hurts to ask.. ;)

Although I don't think its wrong to ask for a second run (or a boxset) I think its time to move on and enjoy what is available. (The programmer has stated many times he is not interested in a second print which is his right) There has been several great Colecovision games released in the last year alone. Princess Quest, Quest for the Golden Chalice, and Mecha 8 are all great original games released in the last year. There has also been some great ports like: Module Man, Battle of Hoth, Dragon's Lair, EA Classics, PONG, and Lode runner. (To name a few) As well as the release of the long lost S.O.S. Cat. ( I don't own a copy either for those wondering)

Although I don't think its wrong to ask for a second run (or a boxset) I think its time to move on and enjoy what is available. (The programmer has stated many times he is not interested in a second print which is his right) There has been several great Colecovision games released in the last year alone. Princess Quest, Quest for the Golden Chalice, and Mecha 8 are all great original games released in the last year. There has also been some great ports like: Module Man, Battle of Hoth, Dragon's Lair, EA Classics, PONG, and Lode runner. (To name a few) As well as the release of the long lost S.O.S. Cat. ( I don't own a copy either for those wondering)

Good point . Alot of times people want they cant have but once they have it ... Lots of great homebrews you named off so lets enjoy those and many more .

• Like 1

This has been brought up several times. The programmer does not want anymore copies made.

I've never understood the logic behind that. If you have enough people willing to pre-order a copy, and the demand for the run is big enough to justify having it done (that's important, I understand that), then why not do it? Make the money and give the gamers what they want. Win-win.

• Like 3

I was going to bid on a copy last week but then again I never played it and so I hesitated on buying it. I just wish there was a demo you could play..

There's a complete play-thru video done by NewColeco on YouTube, as is the case for a lot of other CV games be it original releases from the 80's or Homebrew releases from 1996 on. These YouTube videos are a lot more than we used to have back in the day when decisions would have to be made by looking at the pics on the back of the box, reading reviews of one person's opinions on the game in a magazine or maybe, just maybe being allowed to play test the game if you happened across a cool salesperson.

Just need to do a little leg work via numerous search options that are available on the Web.

I hope for everyone's benefit that Youki eventually revisits GnZ with a sequel and the box set idea sounds really cool, but to re-release it on it's own doesn't sound like it will ever happen especially considering how many releases CollectorVision already has planned for the year and beyond.

I wouldn't say (my opinion, others will vary) it's the best Homebrew release every made, but it's without a doubt one of the top ten.

I heard the Colecovision Hombrewers had some bad past experiences with digital copies. I think all the major players have pretty much said "cartridge only" as a result. I remember a thread mentioning digital release a year or two ago and it brought out some pretty strong feelings as I recall. As a "gamer" and not a "collector" I don't really even pay attention to the CV homebrew scene so maybe things have changed since I last checked.

I'm ok without a 2nd release...games like this are special and the rarity makes them fun to look out for plus adds to the urban myth of finding a copy. Said another way, the game is great, the rarity in a sense makes it even greater due to the challenge of finding a copy. It's like a trying to find highly desirable limited edition rookie card - the thrill of the hunt is part of the fun.

Or maybe that's just me...

Scott

• Like 2

How many copies were originally made?

What about a pay to download?

Why should this gem only stay in the hands of the few?

>>How many copies were originally made?

60 (originally plan was 25... ) , collectors started to complain when the number increased , Collectorvision said "IT WILL BE NO MORE THAN 60".

>>What about a pay to download?

Is not a question of money, but if you give me 100 000 USD i can even give you the source file! :D

>>Why should this gem only stay in the hands of the few?

Because they are the "ones" ... and that's not a Gem .. lol..

• Like 2

I heard the Colecovision Hombrewers had some bad past experiences with digital copies. I think all the major players have pretty much said "cartridge only" as a result. I remember a thread mentioning digital release a year or two ago and it brought out some pretty strong feelings as I recall. As a "gamer" and not a "collector" I don't really even pay attention to the CV homebrew scene so maybe things have changed since I last checked.

the CV scene has changed considerably since last you checked with numerous rom releases made by ALL the major Homebrewers.... details of where to find them to download are plastered all over threads here on AA. There are, however, some Roms that have not been shared yet and may never for that matter.

Edited by NIAD

60 (originally plan was 25... ) , collectors started to complain when the number increased , Collectorvision said "IT WILL BE NO MORE THAN 60".

Yeah, but back then that was the average we were selling

Don't say I don't want to make more than 60 copies while I asked you many time to make another batch

Anyway, I'm not gonna praise you to make another run

You don't want another run, then NO other batch will be made

But if you ask me, I will never understand why you don't want

Anyway, it's your choice, not mine

• Like 5