IGNORED

Who Wants To See A 2nd Run of Ghosts n Zombies?

VectorGamer

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a second run of Ghosts n Zombies?

• Yes!!!
    • Nope...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Well, I did see Evil Dead 2 first...

Turned out to be the same movie as evil dead but with higher production values when I eventually seen the first.

A Ghost n Zombies sequel .....

Is like watching the second movie of a serie without having watch the first one, while you know the first one was good

Why don't you release the rom then if you're not going to let another batch happen?

• Like 1

Why don't you release the rom then if you're not going to let another batch happen?

Yup... I just find it sad that so many people want to try this game, can't even play it with an emulator...

I understand that you want to move on and leave the project behind, but if people want to give the money for this cart, so why not cashing it in, and fund your future projects?

Also, If you don't want to decrease the value of the original game, why not release a platinum version, with a different label, so the first buyers won't feel, huh, ~scamed?

Being a long time homebrew collector I have learned people want stuff bad when it's no longer available.

It's great marketing really, you can leak a few on Ebay and watch the profits come in.

This hobby is small already, I have vowed to never again beg for a homebrew, if the author doesn't want me to play it, I don't want to play it. They need my support, not the other way around. Plenty of other homebrewers that will gladly sell me games so I just move on.

Somebody should really just port Ghosts and Goblins themselves to the Coleco, they would obviously have a top seller if done well :)

• Like 4

Yeah, but back then that was the average we were selling

Don't say I don't want to make more than 60 copies while I asked you many time to make another batch

Anyway, I'm not gonna praise you to make another run

You don't want another run, then NO other batch will be made

But if you ask me, I will never understand why you don't want

Anyway, it's your choice, not mine

You want know why i don't want ? Ok...

YOU said here :

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/147848-fight-ghost-and-goblins-on-your-colecovision/?p=1811553

"no more will be produced

Ghost N Zombies is Limited to 60 Copies"

That's your choice initially.

Then there is something very important for me is "when you promess something you keep it" .

I know it is not my "words" , but it is my game. And by respect for buyers, i make in sort you respect your words. (not sure if my english is correct, but i guess you get the idea :) ).

You do business with homebrew, business is a serious thing. You can not say something to a customer , and few time after do the opposite . (I know in marketting it is current , but it is something i hate)

And i don't release roms also by respect for collectors. First time buyer that bought my game without knowing me.

And last thing, the game is buggy. I'm not satisfied with it. Since i made a corrected/improved version , that i called GnZ 1.5 , but did not decided yet what to do with.

I will ask Ghost'n Zombie owners before deciding something anyway .

Edited by youki
  • Like 3

You want know why i don't want ? Ok...

YOU said here :

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/147848-fight-ghost-and-goblins-on-your-colecovision/?p=1811553

"no more will be produced

Ghost N Zombies is Limited to 60 Copies"

That's your choice initially.

Then there is something very important for me is "when you promess something you keep it" .

I know it is not my "words" , but it is my game. And by respect for buyers, i make in sort you respect your words. (not sure if my english is correct, but i guess you get the idea :) ).

You do business with homebrew, business is a serious thing. You can not say something to a customer , and few time after do the opposite . (I know in marketting it is current , but it is something i hate)

And i don't release roms also by respect for collectors. First time buyer that bought my game without knowing me.

And last thing, the game is buggy. I'm not satisfied with it. Since i made a corrected/improved version , that i called GnZ 1.5 , but did not decided yet what to do with.

I will ask Ghost'n Zombie owners before deciding something anyway .

I have seen this happen quite a few times . Only limited to a certain number then it seems to change later on .

Yeah, it seems Princess Quest doesn't quite cut it. ;) :D

Princess quest is really different than ghost'n goblins. Not at all the same game . i don't see commun point between the 2 games. Except the Knight. :)

aside that, Ghost 'n goblins on colecovision with a megacart 128k and a coder like nanochess and graphist like you or J-F and music from Daniel ... would be perfectly doable and close to Arcade perfect!

• Like 2

I totally understand where you are coming from -- it's your game, you can do what you want with it -- but that sentence above confused me.

What does a collector care if a copy of a game is made available in ROM format for gamers to play? :?

It doesn't hurt the value of the game since the carts were a limited run and no more will be produced. Sure, a ROM can be burned onto a cart, but it's still not original. It won't have the label or the box or manual that you produced. (assuming you made a box and manual for it. :) )

aside that, Ghost 'n goblins on colecovision with a megacart 128k and a coder like nanochess and graphist like you or J-F and music from Daniel ... would be perfectly doable and close to Arcade perfect!

If I were to decide on doing a side-scrolling Capcom game on the CV, Ghost 'n Goblins wouldn't be at the top of my list. I think Mega Man would be a much cooler candidate. :)

• Like 3

the CV scene has changed considerably since last you checked with numerous rom releases made by ALL the major Homebrewers.... details of where to find them to download are plastered all over threads here on AA. There are, however, some Roms that have not been shared yet and may never for that matter.

I stand [pleasantly] corrected. I'll have to look around - thanks!

I am not the programmer or publisher. Just a collector that wants to play the friggin' game.

A second run could be done in a way that protects the investment of the first run: different cartridge and/or label, cart only release, cart and manual only, CIB with alternative labels and box art.

Time's yours...

I know you want a copy of Ghosts-n-Zombies, but in the meantime, I present to you...

SHATS-n-KITTIES

**click to animate:

post-29022-0-80998600-1393390746_thumb.gif

• Like 7