IGNORED

Who Wants To See A 2nd Run of Ghosts n Zombies?

VectorGamer

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a second run of Ghosts n Zombies?

• Yes!!!
    • Nope...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The best Youki game is Way of the Exploading Foot in my opinion

Graphics/animation are top notch! And the fun is there too!

LoL... in fact it is because Graphics and Animation frame are not from me , it have been done by Vince(Crapahute) ... (i just worked hard to make them looks nice on colecovision :) ).

• Like 2

LoL... in fact it is because Graphics and Animation frame are not from me , it have been done by Vince(Crapahute) ... (i just worked hard to make them looks nice on colecovision :) ).

Vince is an excellent artist :thumbsup:

But you have the talent to make the game enjoyable

In fact I was quite surprised you made it works pretty welll with only the two buttons, well, directional as well

A Mortal Kombat clone out of it would be fun :cool:

Edited by retroillucid

Gate to go back off topic but I have to say.. I'd love to own Smurf Challenge and the matching controller that Yurkie made for it.. What a gem! Missed out on that by a couple years.. Oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky one day ;)

Back to GnZ, I sure hope there's plans for a second version sometime, Ghost n Zombies II. The demand is overwhelming, it would be a shame if it never happened. It's your guys call obviously, so it's all up to Youkie and CollectorVision. Whatever happens in the end is fine with me.. Not much I can do anyway ; ) Time will tell.. Staying positive!

a Release of Smurf Challenge, is Highly improbable...

Indeed, Big Brother is watching!

May I hijack this thread and instead ask for another run of Peek-a-boo and Smurf Challenge? :)

Pretty sure Peek-a-Boo was released freely as a rom file, but if you really need a CIB, I think one is still up on eBay. As far as Smurf Challenge, try out Gamestar81: The Video Game... similar but much improved.

• Like 1

May I hijack this thread and instead ask for another run of Peek-a-boo and Smurf Challenge? :)

My two cents -- if you have toddlers, Peek-a-boo is great little game. I'm grateful that Pixelboy released it--my son loves it and I don't think there is a better toddler friendly game on any system. I hope another one finds its way to the system. I don't think adults would find it entertaining beyond five seconds.

My two cents -- if you have toddlers, Peek-a-boo is great little game. I'm grateful that Pixelboy released it--my son loves it and I don't think there is a better toddler friendly game on any system. I hope another one finds its way to the system. I don't think adults would find it entertaining beyond five seconds.

That's why I'm looking for it. My son got a Big Hugs Elmo for Xmas, and this would be an excellent birthday present for him.

Lol... Ghost'n Zombie have been made by accident in fact.

I had never think to develop on Colecovision. But looking for a development kit for Atari XL in google , Google shown me a link a Daniel's Devkit. I have been intrigued and just tested.... and my test program became Ghost'n Zombie...

I was even not aware that a "homebrew" scene existed before finding AtariAge also by accident following a link from google while looking for technical information on colecovision .

Here, i discovered collectorvision that was able to create cartridge for colecovision game.... seeing that it just motiviated me to make a complete game.

For me i was just one shot try ... i did not planed Ghost'n Zombie at all , and i could'nt even imagine that it could be sold!!!

All that happens around Ghost'n Zombie are just "side effect"'. :) I find that more Funny than else. So much Buzz around my test program. ..lol...

Funny also, is that Game like "The way exploding foot" that have been produced in more limited quantities ,

that is technical infinitly more complex than Ghost'n Zombie , in fact TWOEF it is technically the most advanced game i made.

Seems to not interest so much people.

I don't understand because from a Collector point of view, i would say it is more rare ... so it could be more interesting.

The Ghosts n Goblins series is much different. It has fan pages, fanboys (myself included) and to many of us is one of the greatest game series ever made. At one time I owned EVERY version of GnG, even the strange import ones for systems I did not own EXCEPT for your Coleco version. If somebody makes a great port (like you did) and makes it actually available for purchase with enough time for other collectors (besides the hardcore coleco guys that know about it already) they would easily sell enough to make it worth while.

I know you compare it to Mario Bros and Ghostblaster but it's different. GnG has a huge following on all platforms, in a way you are comparing apples to oranges :) The roms and rarity are important in value for actual Coleco collectors but GnG is the kind of series that makes a non coleco collector buy a coleco. It was a real missed oppertunity for a HUGE selling game. Yes, it's rare and a grail now which I'm sure is fun but it really COULD have been something even more special. You will see what I mean because I assure you Exploding Fist will not get this kind of result in the long run.

Here is when I first started to try and find one in 2009

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/155464-ghosts-n-goblins-on-the-colecovision-wtf/?hl=%2Bghosts

I don't even think I owned a Coleco at this time but would have bought one just for this damn game, not because it's rare, because I am a Ghosts n Goblins fanatic, lol.

I'm sure exploding fist is great and all but I honestly have no interest in it. I don't care about rare Coleco games, I just want GnG! As stated though, you are right, it's not going to happen so I'm not going to beg...but, if a second version were made or another programmer were to give it a try, they would have a popular seller. It's not just the die hard coleco guys that want GnG, it has a "cross-collecting" apeal to people like me that are huge fans of the series, and there are a lot of us out there. I've owned the arcade machines for it, the strange imports and I even offered $200 for your version in 2009 which was a LOT for a homebrew that JUST came out. I didn't know it would be worth this much, at $200 I thought surely I was throwing my money away, but thats the power the GnG name has to it, I wanted it, bad, I still want it. It's not JUST the limited quanity and unreleased ROM that makes your GnG game so sought after and special, but of course that doesn't hurt :)

Exploding fist? I might buy it if was readily available but the fact it's limited, unobtainable and I have never heard of it makes it of no interest to me. As a middle aged Dad, it's rare I get much time to actually play any of this stuff anymore. Once and awhile on a rare work free Sunday morning, I get up a little early, have a cup of coffee and go to my "office" (an old 5 x 7 coal room that should have been filled with dirt that I turned into a vintage game lair) and play a few games. Sometimes I just stare at the boxes or flip through a few manuals. I have a certain area on my shelf, mostly homebrews and commercially released series that I love (RPG's, GnG, double Dragon, etc..) and those games get the most attention.

These are the games that when I told myself it was time to grow up and move on from video games I refused to get rid of....

These are the games that when I was a bit short on cash I refused to sell...

These are the games that I continue to support even though the systems are completely outdated and considered junk to most people...

These are the games I just can't let go...these are the games that will most likely be buried in my coffin with me....

Would have loved to have your game on the shelf but it's too late for that. No biggie though, it's just old games and plenty of other brews out there :)

• Like 2

The Ghosts n Goblins series is much different. It has fan pages, fanboys (myself included) and to many of us is one of the greatest game series ever made. At one time I owned EVERY version of GnG, even the strange import ones for systems I did not own EXCEPT for your Coleco version. If somebody makes a great port (like you did) and makes it actually available for purchase with enough time for other collectors (besides the hardcore coleco guys that know about it already) they would easily sell enough to make it worth while.

I know you compare it to Mario Bros and Ghostblaster but it's different. GnG has a huge following on all platforms, in a way you are comparing apples to oranges :) The roms and rarity are important in value for actual Coleco collectors but GnG is the kind of series that makes a non coleco collector buy a coleco. It was a real missed oppertunity for a HUGE selling game. Yes, it's rare and a grail now which I'm sure is fun but it really COULD have been something even more special. You will see what I mean because I assure you Exploding Fist will not get this kind of result in the long run.

Here is when I first started to try and find one in 2009

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/155464-ghosts-n-goblins-on-the-colecovision-wtf/?hl=%2Bghosts

I don't even think I owned a Coleco at this time but would have bought one just for this damn game, not because it's rare, because I am a Ghosts n Goblins fanatic, lol.

I'm sure exploding fist is great and all but I honestly have no interest in it. I don't care about rare Coleco games, I just want GnG! As stated though, you are right, it's not going to happen so I'm not going to beg...but, if a second version were made or another programmer were to give it a try, they would have a popular seller. It's not just the die hard coleco guys that want GnG, it has a "cross-collecting" apeal to people like me that are huge fans of the series, and there are a lot of us out there. I've owned the arcade machines for it, the strange imports and I even offered $200 for your version in 2009 which was a LOT for a homebrew that JUST came out. I didn't know it would be worth this much, at $200 I thought surely I was throwing my money away, but thats the power the GnG name has to it, I wanted it, bad, I still want it. It's not JUST the limited quanity and unreleased ROM that makes your GnG game so sought after and special, but of course that doesn't hurt :)

Exploding fist? I might buy it if was readily available but the fact it's limited, unobtainable and I have never heard of it makes it of no interest to me. As a middle aged Dad, it's rare I get much time to actually play any of this stuff anymore. Once and awhile on a rare work free Sunday morning, I get up a little early, have a cup of coffee and go to my "office" (an old 5 x 7 coal room that should have been filled with dirt that I turned into a vintage game lair) and play a few games. Sometimes I just stare at the boxes or flip through a few manuals. I have a certain area on my shelf, mostly homebrews and commercially released series that I love (RPG's, GnG, double Dragon, etc..) and those games get the most attention.

These are the games that when I told myself it was time to grow up and move on from video games I refused to get rid of....

These are the games that when I was a bit short on cash I refused to sell...

These are the games that I continue to support even though the systems are completely outdated and considered junk to most people...

These are the games I just can't let go...these are the games that will most likely be buried in my coffin with me....

Would have loved to have your game on the shelf but it's too late for that. No biggie though, it's just old games and plenty of other brews out there :)

Yes, i understand , but Gnz is Not Gng . The game is just strongly inspired from the other one. But It is a very different Game. Ghost'n Zombie is just one more zombie game with a knight as many other exists. Do you collect all game that "looks like" more or less to Ghost'n Goblins ?

Yes, i understand , but Gnz is Not Gng . The game is just strongly inspired from the other one. But It is a very different Game. Ghost'n Zombie is just one more zombie game with a knight as many other exists. Do you collect all game that "looks like" more or less to Ghost'n Goblins ?

Yes, of course it is different, which makes it even more desirable. It's like a new chapter in the series. I mean, if you keep the same enemies for the most part, keep a lot of the same stage layouts and even put "Ghost" and "n" in the title of course a fan of ghosts n goblins (and homebrews)would want it, lol.

Kind of like the Wonderswan Ghouls n Ghosts. It has a lot of the same things as the real one, but due to hardware limitations, and possibly a desire to make a somewhat different game, basically a different game was created, which is awesome. The GBC has a damn near arcade perfect port of GnG but I prefer the wonderswan version because it's something new and different. I already own several arcade ports of the real game, and an actual PCB. The wonderswan game, although horribly limited with hardware, is a new chapter in the series I can't play anywhere else. It's unique and that makes it awesome.

You ask if I collect every game that looks more or less like Ghosts n Goblins...yes and no... I love GnG and I love homebrews so in the case of your game, yes.

Here is a recent one I picked up, far less of a relation to GnG then your game, but enough for me to want it :) It is a well done homebrew and has a "light" GnG feel to it so yeah, I added this one to the collection

http://www.psytronik.net/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105:gunsghosts&catid=34:commodore-64&Itemid=57

I also picked up Zombie Near which has nothing to do with the GnG series, but I like the style. I still havent played it, but will likely secure a spot in my "choice" games because killing zombies is fun and it looks to be a quality homebrew :)

Your game is the closest port to GnG the Coleco has, you can say it's different, but it's a homebrew chapter of the Ghosts n Goblins series. You even kept the annoying Red Demon that I love to hate. As much as I don't want this game because I know I will not be able to get it, I still want it. I will congratulate you for making something I want but can't have. I am usually pretty good about forgetting things like this, but... I do still want one. If I was rich I would probably be one of those guys that offer $1500+ for it, but I'm poor so I will just buy other games, lol

I keep hearing "1500" or whatever the highest sold for, but that is certainly not the norm. The last one sold for under $300 on eBay... so though it's still expensive, it's certainly attainable if you're willing to pay that much for a game.

Ah, I haven't been following prices on it and just went by what Youki said. Yeah, $300 is definetily more realistic :)

Yes, of course it is different, which makes it even more desirable. It's like a new chapter in the series. I mean, if you keep the same enemies for the most part, keep a lot of the same stage layouts and even put "Ghost" and "n" in the title of course a fan of ghosts n goblins (and homebrews)would want it, lol.

Kind of like the Wonderswan Ghouls n Ghosts. It has a lot of the same things as the real one, but due to hardware limitations, and possibly a desire to make a somewhat different game, basically a different game was created, which is awesome. The GBC has a damn near arcade perfect port of GnG but I prefer the wonderswan version because it's something new and different. I already own several arcade ports of the real game, and an actual PCB. The wonderswan game, although horribly limited with hardware, is a new chapter in the series I can't play anywhere else. It's unique and that makes it awesome.

You ask if I collect every game that looks more or less like Ghosts n Goblins...yes and no... I love GnG and I love homebrews so in the case of your game, yes.

Here is a recent one I picked up, far less of a relation to GnG then your game, but enough for me to want it :) It is a well done homebrew and has a "light" GnG feel to it so yeah, I added this one to the collection

http://www.psytronik.net/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105:gunsghosts&catid=34:commodore-64&Itemid=57

I also picked up Zombie Near which has nothing to do with the GnG series, but I like the style. I still havent played it, but will likely secure a spot in my "choice" games because killing zombies is fun and it looks to be a quality homebrew :)

Your game is the closest port to GnG the Coleco has, you can say it's different, but it's a homebrew chapter of the Ghosts n Goblins series. You even kept the annoying Red Demon that I love to hate. As much as I don't want this game because I know I will not be able to get it, I still want it. I will congratulate you for making something I want but can't have. I am usually pretty good about forgetting things like this, but... I do still want one. If I was rich I would probably be one of those guys that offer $1500+ for it, but I'm poor so I will just buy other games, lol

I see your point, i was like you few year ago , i was collecting all that was more a less like "donkey kong"... if in the game there was a monkey and barrels it was good for me :)

Zombie Near is a really great game , i love it. Far from GnG universe , It is more Resident Evil. But there is an atmosphere in it , it is simple and very tense . a Gem!!!.

I did not yet find time to play the Gun'n ghost , but i tried Knight'n Grail

http://www.psytronik.net/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65:kng&catid=34:commodore-64&Itemid=57

Do you have it? It is very fun. i think they even did a sequel now.

As you seems really a real Ghost'n Zombie Fan , i promess you i will make in sort you will have one Ghost'n Zombie (being a enhanced Release or the 2 .) for Free when something will be released. (hopefully it will happen one day)... I ask you just one thing , when you will see an announce for GnZ 1.5 or GnZ 2 just remind me ! the only thing i can not promess is when. :(

• Like 3

I see your point, i was like you few year ago , i was collecting all that was more a less like "donkey kong"... if in the game there was a monkey and barrels it was good for me :)

Zombie Near is a really great game , i love it. Far from GnG universe , It is more Resident Evil. But there is an atmosphere in it , it is simple and very tense . a Gem!!!.

I did not yet find time to play the Gun'n ghost , but i tried Knight'n Grail

http://www.psytronik.net/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65:kng&catid=34:commodore-64&Itemid=57

Do you have it? It is very fun. i think they even did a sequel now.

As you seems really a real Ghost'n Zombie Fan , i promess you i will make in sort you will have one Ghost'n Zombie (being a enhanced Release or the 2 .) for Free when something will be released. (hopefully it will happen one day)... I ask you just one thing , when you will see an announce for GnZ 1.5 or GnZ 2 just remind me ! the only thing i can not promess is when. :(

Ah, so there actually is another release planned of an enhanced or part 2 GnZ, very cool ;) I hope you make it, looking forward to it :)

A free copy!!?? Woah, thats very cool of you man! Yes, I will definetily remind you :) Thank you very much :) In return I will make you something cool out of metal that has to do with your games. I don't know what yet but it sounds like I have some time ;)

Still haven't played Knight n Grail, I have the first one (did not know about the sequel) but still need to get a disc drive for my commodore, one of these days, lol.

Wait? What? You are going to give away a future game free to someone because he professes his love of GnG? Talk about a 180 there after denying others from the last game! :grin:

I mean my comment as a joke, no harm intended. This is your game and you created it, and I respect your wishes. And Crazy Climber is pretty crazy about this game so why not?

I respect your work in creating this game and I hope you will do more in the future when you have the time.

• Like 2

Wait? What? You are going to give away a future game free to someone because he professes his love of GnG? Talk about a 180 there after denying others from the last game! :grin:

I mean my comment as a joke, no harm intended. This is your game and you created it, and I respect your wishes. And Crazy Climber is pretty crazy about this game so why not?

I respect your work in creating this game and I hope you will do more in the future when you have the time.

Yes, i don't know why exactly, but i have been touched by his writing and i feel a real sincere passion specially for GnG (not GnZ), so i may be wrong but it is what i feel. I like this kind people crazy about a specific game and yesterday i was in good mood. :) If i had enough i would send him a original release, but unfortunally i have just the number for my needs :(

I know this forums is full of passionate people , but this time Crazy Climber was the lucky one. :) (in there other side i promise him something that does not exist yet! :sad: ..but highly probable)

You know regarding this whole topic. I'm surprised that when you search for Colecovision roms on the net you find the original releases from back in the day and any homebrew releases that were released as ROMs to the public, but games like GnZ are simply not out there, at least not unless you are some expert sleuth and can track them down.

I've been hoping to play GnZ for a long time, but have given up on the idea as it appears that it won't be re-released. No big deal as others have said, there are plenty of other games to enjoy for the CV. I'm just shocked that the CV fans and collectors haven't leaked out all of these games yet, especially with certain sites selling rom dumpers for cheap. Back in the day, all of these games would have been dumped and available within days, but things were different back then and there was no Internet to pass the goods around as easily as today. I guess it shows that our generation has grown up. I mean how many of us were trading copied games for our C64s, Atari 800s, Apple IIe systems back in the early to late 1980s. Those were some fun times.