IGNORED

Who Wants To See A 2nd Run of Ghosts n Zombies?

VectorGamer

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a second run of Ghosts n Zombies?

• Yes!!!
    • Nope...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

You know regarding this whole topic. I'm surprised that when you search for Colecovision roms on the net you find the original releases from back in the day and any homebrew releases that were released as ROMs to the public, but games like GnZ are simply not out there, at least not unless you are some expert sleuth and can track them down.

I've been hoping to play GnZ for a long time, but have given up on the idea as it appears that it won't be re-released. No big deal as others have said, there are plenty of other games to enjoy for the CV. I'm just shocked that the CV fans and collectors haven't leaked out all of these games yet, especially with certain sites selling rom dumpers for cheap. Back in the day, all of these games would have been dumped and available within days, but things were different back then and there was no Internet to pass the goods around as easily as today. I guess it shows that our generation has grown up. I mean how many of us were trading copied games for our C64s, Atari 800s, Apple IIe systems back in the early to late 1980s. Those were some fun times.

I have this game on my ultimate SD and I know others do as well. I believe we have grown up and there is a lot of respect for the great effort that goes into making these games. I don't want to see ROMs of any homebrews on the internet unless it is released by the creator of the game. Also, from a collectors perspective I certainly don't want to see a ROM on the internet.

• Like 1

Yes, i don't know why exactly, but i have been touched by his writing and i feel a real sincere passion specially for GnG (not GnZ), so i may be wrong but it is what i feel. I like this kind people crazy about a specific game and yesterday i was in good mood. :) If i had enough i would send him a original release, but unfortunally i have just the number for my needs :(

I know this forums is full of passionate people , but this time Crazy Climber was the lucky one. :) (in there other side i promise him something that does not exist yet! :sad: ..but highly probable)

Okay youki, I finished your metal piece :)

This is the special "Graveyard edition" Ghost n Zombie box. Made from solid aluminum plate and mahogany wood. It is a very limited release of only one piece, lol. Hope you like it :)

post-9102-0-21756000-1394196930_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-65975800-1394196944_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-05536800-1394196962_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-41644100-1394196985_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-49685700-1394197003_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-23689800-1394197024_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-11521000-1394197045_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-56707100-1394197062_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-07891700-1394197092_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-28044100-1394197109_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-08514500-1394197134_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-74393300-1394197149_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-56707100-1394197062_thumb.jpg

My way of saying thank you for the free cartridge :)

• Like 19

Now there's a beautiful work of metal art! Nice work, Crazy Climber! :D :thumbsup:

Perhaps one day a homebrewer will come along and use your services for a run of games with such a metal box. Ghost'n Zombies 2 is a likely candidate of course, but I'm thinking ahead beyond that.

Maybe CollectorVision's Destruction Derby, Wizard Siege or The Castle DX...? :)

EDIT: I have a question for Crazy Climber: Are you limited to plain silver-colored metal, or can you offer other metal colors that can be carved into, like your GnZ box pictured above?

• Like 1

Now there's a beautiful work of metal art! Nice work, Crazy Climber! :D :thumbsup:

Perhaps one day a homebrewer will come along and use your services for a run of games with such a metal box. Ghost'n Zombies 2 is a likely candidate of course, but I'm thinking ahead beyond that.

Maybe CollectorVision's Destruction Derby, Wizard Siege or The Castle DX...? :)

EDIT: I have a question for Crazy Climber: Are you limited to plain silver-colored metal, or can you offer other metal colors that can be carved into, like your GnZ box pictured above?

Thanks man!

Homebrew in a metal box would be fun :) I'm limited on time/etc as always (seems like we never get a break around here, but thats good I guess, lol) but a small "special" run of something, like 5 or 10 would be awesome :) As far as colors we don't do paint here so all the sheet alum is just aluminum color. We occasionally get some painted stuff but never anything exciting, just browns or sometimes bronze. If anybody is skilled with painting we could team up and make something :) I could always try painting a sheet and then cutting it also, never know until I try I guess, might be cool?

Thanks man!

Homebrew in a metal box would be fun :) I'm limited on time/etc as always (seems like we never get a break around here, but thats good I guess, lol) but a small "special" run of something, like 5 or 10 would be awesome :) As far as colors we don't do paint here so all the sheet alum is just aluminum color. We occasionally get some painted stuff but never anything exciting, just browns or sometimes bronze. If anybody is skilled with painting we could team up and make something :) I could always try painting a sheet and then cutting it also, never know until I try I guess, might be cool?

Have you ever tried using Dibond?

http://graphicdisplayusa.com/en/products/dibond/dibond/

It gives a wonderful "brushed aluminum" look, with a much lower price tag. Also, the metal finish on the Dibond can be printed using a flatbed printer (I do this all the time in my shop).

...just thought it might be something fun to mess around with.

Wow! That metal case is VERY impressive and completed so quickly too! Crazy Climber is extremely skilled. I truly hope that there will be a home-brew release that uses boxes like that as I am sure all of us are envious of Youki right now! :-D I am glad Youki is receiving that awesome gift, and also glad Youki now has motivation to create a follow up game! Who knows, maybe that follow up game would be the perfect candidate to use boxes like that.

• Like 1

Have you ever tried using Dibond?

http://graphicdisplayusa.com/en/products/dibond/dibond/

It gives a wonderful "brushed aluminum" look, with a much lower price tag. Also, the metal finish on the Dibond can be printed using a flatbed printer (I do this all the time in my shop).

...just thought it might be something fun to mess around with.

Oh yeah man, I cut a ton of stuff out of composite, great material :)

post-9102-0-81586800-1394223880_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-64976200-1394223890_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-27350400-1394223909_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-51279900-1394223917_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-15599600-1394223926_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-54593600-1394224220_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-19673700-1394224237_thumb.jpg

Does not engrave well though, it's okay for larger things but for better detail pure aluminum is the way to go :)

• Like 6

attachicon.gifAtari 184.jpg

attachicon.gifAtari 186.jpg

attachicon.gifceiling.jpg

attachicon.gifInvaders!.jpg

attachicon.gifsize.jpg

attachicon.gifEBAY 068.jpg

attachicon.gifZZZ 075.jpg

Does not engrave well though, it's okay for larger things but for better detail pure aluminum is the way to go :)

Holy shit, this's awesome stuff here!!

I love the Transformers one! Wow!

• Like 1

Now I need an easy application for my CNC

Something that can transfer images into G code

You and me both brother, lol

I have to draft everything in autocad myself by looking at pictures, it's painfully slow sometimes for detailed things and a lot of trial and error but it's all we have here so I make it work :) We might be upgrading someday to solidworks which will let me use images, but they have been saying that for years, lol

• Like 1

You and me both brother, lol

I have to draft everything in autocad myself by looking at pictures, it's painfully slow sometimes for detailed things and a lot of trial and error but it's all we have here so I make it work :) We might be upgrading someday to solidworks which will let me use images, but they have been saying that for years, lol

:D

I really need an easy application, otherwise it can get pretty difficult to use CNC

Anyway, I think I have found the right app for me .... Will do more search before though

I will let you know if I finally manage to find something easy to use

I'll keep you updated

:D

I really need an easy application, otherwise it can get pretty difficult to use CNC

Anyway, I think I have found the right app for me .... Will do more search before though

I will let you know if I finally manage to find something easy to use

I'll keep you updated

Do you have a router or mill?

post-9102-0-74393300-1394197149_thumb.jppost-9102-0-51279900-1394223917_thumb.jppost-9102-0-27350400-1394223909_thumb.jp

Am I the only one who feels like I've just entered the Twilight Zone ?! I didn't even know those tools existed

d0bbc319_stash-1-50f5f7eb6b287.gif

ps: and you have a pretty nice gaming room, just missing a Crystal Castles cab and a Starwars cocpit (Atari) and it's all perfect :)

Edited by neo*fan