IGNORED

Who Wants To See A 2nd Run of Ghosts n Zombies?

VectorGamer

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a second run of Ghosts n Zombies?

• Yes!!!
    • Nope...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'd buy Ghosts 'N Zombies if it was offered again. I would not buy Ghosts 'N Zombies 2 though for the simple reason I do not own the first one, nor will I pay outrageous collector prices for a homebrew cart. Simple as that. Make it available to those that want it otherwise I'll stick with Dungeons & Trolls.

It is not question of Ghost'n Zombies 2 in that video. It is just a rework of the first one with a different name. But on gameplay side , it is 90% as the first one.

If you are a gamer and if you own already the first one , there is no interrest in having the new one.

• Like 1

It is not question of Ghost'n Zombies 2 in that video. It is just a rework of the first one with a different name. But on gameplay side , it is 90% as the first one.

If you are a gamer and if you own already the first one , there is no interrest in having the new one.

I really like the updated graphics, great job

You could do a cartridge only version. That way the first run collectors can keep their value on CIB versions. Myself I would just like to play the game. I wasn't around when the release happened and was new to the home brew scene.

i'm studing all possibilities, that one is one of it :)

"collectors started to complain when the number increased"

Let them complain. Personally, I think it's stupid for a collector's desire for rarity to trump access to games that people enjoy playing. If it's a game no one wants to play that's just sought after due to rarity that's one thing. But, the idea behind homebrew, in my opinion, is to keep a system alive. It's also nice for the game makers to make a profit. Why go to the trouble of making games if their distribution has to be drastically curtailed to please a few people?
I used to work at a department store and collectors used to come in all the time to try to get me to open boxes of Hot Wheels and so on to get out the rare car for them. I opened a bunch of boxes and found that the collectible car was missing from every box except the ones that held the neon green Beetle — the least rare of them.
Moral of the story? It's better for kids to be able to play with that cool neon Beetle than it is for some collector to put it into a box to sell on Ebay someday. The fact that most of the cars were stolen prior to our store receiving them just shows the wrongness of the entire thing. So, when I found those collectible cars I bought them and gave them to my young nephew to play with. Toys are supposed to be fun. They're supposed to be played with and enjoyed. If people want to make dull profit they should play the stock market.
There are some exceptions, like items that were recalled and destroyed (e.g. Earring Magic Ken). That toy is worth preserving because of its unique cultural baggage. But, in general, I think the focus should be on a living platform rather than a dead one. (Plus, collectors can certainly choose to put their game into a box and keep it pristine.) Let the games that haven't been produced since the 80s remain out of print but let the new games reach as large an audience as possible while maintaining a profit incentive to keep people making new games.
Also, apparently a few people have the ultra rare APL/S cartridge for the Video Brain but refuse to let preservationists/enthusiasts dump it. That's the sort of thing I have a problem with. Their desire for rarity does a disservice to the community. I could be disappointed that my working Apple Lisa has been devalued by the creation of a Lisa emulator and YouTube vids, both of which offer an approximation of the once very rare experience of using a Lisa running the Lisa OS and apps, but I think I'll live.
Edited by Justin222
  • Like 3

When I was a kid, not everything was an ultra-limited-edition-numbered-collectible-exclusive. I think collecting itself has turned into a marketing excuse to exploit people's wallets by putting the fear of God into them that if they don't buy it right off the presses they will be left without and have to pay ridiculous secondary market scalper fees because of capitalist greed. You're not going to be able to take your prototype singed and number mint in sealed box copy with you when you die. Enjoy it while you are still alive. Youki put a lot of time and creativity into making this game why not make it available for everyone who wants one to enjoy? The fact that people are still making games for a 35 year old console is amazing. I certainly never would have thought in 1982 that I'd still be buying new games for the Colecovision in 2015. It's a testament to the love and passion of the fans from my generation who were inspired to become programmers and making their dreams come true. Share your dreams with the retro gaming community.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Yes I agree. I don't understand why people make games and then deny others the joy of playing them.

There seems to be an elitist mentality among some certain homebrewers who want to keep their games in such a small ultra-limited run. It baffles me when people are bootlegging and selling them at 4-5 times the price. They aren't the ones reaping the profits and it only encourages piracy of roms and scalping. Seems counter-intuitive to me but if the programmers aren't going to make more for others or feel like they have to make alterations to the title in order to preserve the value of their first editions then I could care less about supporting them or playing their games (both literally and figuratively).

It is an old game that had like 60 games made when homebrewers used to only sell 25 or 30. Way back then to get people excited he promised that he would never make more. He understands it sucks and now is a different time but he is a man who doesn't go against his word. Be grateful there are a couple people left in the world that actually keep their word.

He is working on a new game that will be similar or a ghost and zombie II if you will that he says will be WAY better and make everyone happy.

Back in the day that was how the colecovision seen was , VERY small numbers and everyone had status by what they had. There are still many colecovision games still hidden from us by that old guard. Just be happy that period is over an you are in the scene now when pretty much everyone trying to get a game gets one and the rom is usually released after being sold out.

I know you guys are new and don't realize the history so this is not me trying to chastise you just trying to cut this topic off before other new people start complaining as well.

• Like 3

the Remake is coming very soon. Just a little more patience. I'm working hard on this title now just to make it playable correctly on U.S console... unfortunaly during beta testing on U.S. console we discovered strong slow down on certain screen that we don't have on PAL and Secam console. I'm just trying to improve that.

cool, 1 suggestion. If you have any other of your games or colleagues you may be selling to have a couple of them made up too so people way over here can get combined shipping.

I'll be purchasing your game when you are ready.

the Remake is coming very soon. Just a little more patience. I'm working hard on this title now just to make it playable correctly on U.S console... unfortunaly during beta testing on U.S. console we discovered strong slow down on certain screen that we don't have on PAL and Secam console. I'm just trying to improve that.