IGNORED

"Flappy Bird" on the C64... now for the TI!

OLD CS1

Sounds like fun to program.

Maybe I might try.

But currently need to get another TI99/4a console working, my main one has decided to go techicolor on me, still works perfectly but I can't see the image clearly, its like it video ram is gone bad.

I hate programming games on emulators, it just does not work if you want it on real hardware later.

And the rest of my backup consoles are still back in Canada in cold storage, got to get one ship down here, or find a cheap one mailed to me from usa, as i doubt anyone has extra ti here in DR.

As good a reason as any to get an F18A ;)

That is true, I have to look more into this F18A, cost, getting one here, etc.

In the meantime I might just install my own TIM my OPA 9938 board, I have one of those here, and that should fix up any issues with the old TI99 video ram and 9918 processor.

Ahh no... No birds in space I'm afraid :grin: The instructions are simple: get through the tunnel without bumping into the energized borders or the intervening barriers. Press any key to activate your thrusters and press Q for shields in desperate situations. This game was my submission to the Short & Sweet Game Contest back in 2010 created by Opry99er here on AtariAge where each submission had to fit in only 30 lines of Extended Basic and up to 10 DATA lines. There were a total of 17 entries (!), all of them very impressive. The entire collection is on the Gameshelf site under SSGC, but I plan on posting all the games individually with the next update.

Edited by Vorticon

Luckily I gave up on that one, playing it that is, after only about a dozen of tries. Probably spent more time watching YouTube and almost believing the frustration it can cause. Funny and scary.

I'm fricken rolling on the floor over here after watching that! :rolling:

Yeah.... I'll pass on that game. Thank you anyway!

Ahh no... No birds in space I'm afraid :grin: The instructions are simple: get through the tunnel without bumping into the energized borders or the intervening barriers. Press any key to activate your thrusters and press Q for shields in desperate situations. This game was my submission to the Short & Sweet Game Contest back in 2010 created by Opry99er here on AtariAge where each submission had to fit in only 30 lines of Extended Basic and up to 10 DATA lines. There were a total of 17 entries (!), all of them very impressive. The entire collection is on the Gameshelf site under SSGC, but I plan on posting all the games individually with the next update.

Cool.. still doesn't work for me in classic 99 just the static display with fuel and torpedos flashing.. will try in mess or on a real TI when i get home

Similar thread happening on the Atari 8 bit forum: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/222121-flappy-bird-maybe-coming-into-a8-and-also-c64/

I would suggest a competition to see which platform can port next, barring two reasons 1) I do not want to obligate any platform's programmers, and 2) it looks like the Atari 8-bit folks already have a leg-up with the graphics mock-up ;)

ok yes I totally was running some other space game (that doesn't work btw.. probably something in classic99's dir by default) anyway yours is very challenging (read too hard) :)

Greg

I can usually make it to a score of 120 or so before crashing. Should I have a young guy version and on old guy version? ;) But you are quite right though, it is hard...

• Like 1

ok yes I totally was running some other space game (that doesn't work btw.. probably something in classic99's dir by default) anyway yours is very challenging (read too hard) :)

Greg

I don't include games in the Classic99 folder that don't work in Classic99, that would be getting really silly. ;)

Sounds like you're running my TI BASIC "Space Fighter" game. Enemies don't start to appear until you start moving - use A/Z and S/X to adjust speed and shield power.

This one?

http://harmlesslion.com/software/spacefight

Edited by Tursi