IGNORED

Stupid question... Is this a proto?

Dripfree

I'm fairly confident that this is just wishful thinking on my part. Picked up Zaxxon today for 2600. The label looked normal but it had completely peeled off. I'm just gona glue it back on. out of curiosity I opened it up just cuz the screws were exposed. I'm not used to seeing so many chips in a 2600 game. But I also never opened a coleco 2600 game. I assume all coleco games look like this, but I did see a pic of someone who claimed to have a turbo proto. The board looked the same as mine. Just thought I'd post a pic and get an expert opinion before I glue the label over the screw holes forever.

217998F1-D32F-448F-91C6-C2372F7BDBA9.jpg

Edited by Dripfree

Unfortunately, it's not a prototype. Just a production game with an EPROM. Zaxxon is an 8K game, so it has extra hardware for bankswitching. It is very similar to the Coleco proto board, not sure if it's exactly the same.

Not all Zaxxon cartridges have this board though. I once bought one hoping it contained that board, but it ended up just having a boring mask ROM.