IGNORED

Happy Friday ColecoVision fans

5-11under

Here's my version of the ball knob controller mod for the ColecoVision. I went a little crazy with this controller but it came out alright I guess, plays even better tho.. Looks awesome in person, case/knob Dyed blue and with silver highlights.. It really pops. This is my old "Prototype controller # 1" that's been revamped from when I started "Modding" back in my teens. I have another case in excellent shape that's dyed Red already, just have to cut the threads but I also need a straight cord for it and this blue one.. The Genesis cord was too thick :-(

Anyways, Hope you all like it! (I like blue if you can't tell!) :-) I left the gray side buttons and keypad stock colors BTW, those and blue are my old high school colors, I thought it'd be fun to create Buckeye Local Panthers edition) hahaha. :-P

Well.. There's a lot more than this came from, this was just a quickie I threw together last night.

I also gotta say that my N64 mods came out fantastic as well and I have those uploaded to my galley. Check it out... Enjoy! :-D

Todd

post-37932-0-78735700-1393613782_thumb.jpg

post-37932-0-73707400-1393613842_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Very Cool...

Here's my version of the ball knob controller mod for the ColecoVision. I went a little crazy with this controller but it came out alright I guess, plays even better tho.. Looks awesome in person, case/knob Dyed blue and with silver highlights.. It really pops. This is my old "Prototype controller # 1" that's been revamped from when I started "Modding" back in my teens. I have another case in excellent shape that's dyed Red already, just have to cut the threads but I also need a straight cord for it and this blue one.. The Genesis cord was too thick :-(

Anyways, Hope you all like it! (I like blue if you can't tell!) :-) I left the gray side buttons and keypad stock colors BTW, those and blue are my old high school colors, I thought it'd be fun to create Buckeye Local Panthers edition) hahaha. :-P
Well.. There's a lot more than this came from, this was just a quickie I threw together last night.
I also gotta say that my N64 mods came out fantastic as well and I have those uploaded to my galley. Check it out... Enjoy! :-D

Todd

• Like 1

Thanks : ) I'm all about cosmetics, but the silver looks sloppy in some spots, I should have took my time more on the details. I'm getting pretty good with the dye jobs, most of everything comes out looking like glass, nice and glossy. It's all about prep work though.. That's key.

I have another secret project (well not anymore! : D) that I hope to unveil soon, never saw one yet... a Chameleon ColecoVision. I want to do it with matching controllers as well. It'll be subtle but stand out in the right light. I need to round up the rest of the supplies though (paint in that case), which is very expensive. I'll use a spare case and stick my pimped out board in there with the LED Nkk switches I installed. The pause button I want to use is on backorder though.

So with the flip/flop purple and blue, it ought to look descent on the CV she'll and not be too overwhelming. I don't think I'd ever paint or dye one a bright color, it might look rather silly. Blue might not look bad though.. Lol