IGNORED

TI-99/4A game recommendations

Nebulon

From the classic cartridge releases -Alpiner,TI Invaders, Tunnels of Doom, Parsec,Super Demon Attack, Hunt the Wumpus, Miner 2049er, Bigfoot, Burgertime, Q*Bert, Frogger, Popeye, Donkey Kong.

From some of the newer releases-Pitfall, Road Hunter, Scramble, Titanium, Neverlander, Mr Chin.

Don't recall a Berzerk style game though.

• Like 1

Anyone have any favorites for TI-99 games?

Oh yeah. Love this machine and most of the games. Didn't answer the question before, but here are most of my favorite cartridges:

Adventure - ANY Adventure game, Alpiner, Bigfoot, Blasto, Buck Rogers, Burgertime, Car Wars, Centipede, Chisholm Trail, Congo Bongo, Defender, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Hen Pecked (still has its charms as buggy as it is), Hopper, Hustle, Jawbreaker II, Jungle Hunt, M*A*S*H, Meteor Belt, Miner 2049'er, Moon Patrol, Moonsweeper, Ms. Pac-Man, Munchman, Munchmobile, Pac-Man, Parsec, Pole Position, Popeye, Q*Bert, Slymoids, Star Trek, Super Demon Attack, TI Invaders, Tombstone City, Tunnels of Doom.

...and then there's Road Hunter and TI Scramble! :love:

Haven't played Mr. Chin, Neverlander or Titanium yet. Will have to check them out!

BTW: Whatever became of the Tutankham homebrew? Last I read, the author pulled his work in progress. Is this still being developed or was finished? Cart and/or .bin release yet?

From the classic cartridge releases -Alpiner,TI Invaders, Tunnels of Doom, Parsec,Super Demon Attack, Hunt the Wumpus, Miner 2049er, Bigfoot, Burgertime, Q*Bert, Frogger, Popeye, Donkey Kong.

From some of the newer releases-Pitfall, Road Hunter, Scramble, Titanium, Neverlander, Mr Chin.

Don't recall a Berzerk style game though.

From some of the newer releases: "Mad Marvin's Greate Escape", also a fun game if you ask me ;)

• Like 2

Oh yeah. Love this machine and most of the games. Didn't answer the question before, but here are most of my favorite cartridges:

Adventure - ANY Adventure game, Alpiner, Bigfoot, Blasto, Buck Rogers, Burgertime, Car Wars, Centipede, Chisholm Trail, Congo Bongo, Defender, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Hen Pecked (still has its charms as buggy as it is), Hopper, Hustle, Jawbreaker II, Jungle Hunt, M*A*S*H, Meteor Belt, Miner 2049'er, Moon Patrol, Moonsweeper, Ms. Pac-Man, Munchman, Munchmobile, Pac-Man, Parsec, Pole Position, Popeye, Q*Bert, Slymoids, Star Trek, Super Demon Attack, TI Invaders, Tombstone City, Tunnels of Doom.

...and then there's Road Hunter and TI Scramble! :love:

Haven't played Mr. Chin, Neverlander or Titanium yet. Will have to check them out!

BTW: Whatever became of the Tutankham homebrew? Last I read, the author pulled his work in progress. Is this still being developed or was finished? Cart and/or .bin release yet?

I see Tutankham as a long-time project. Unfortunately work on it has stalled for quite some time.

The project is not dead though, but not seeing a release in the next year. Too much other stuff going on.

If released, it will be a cartridge that runs on the unexpanded TI and will release the .bin as well (same as I did with Pitfall).

• Like 2

There is a berzerk game http://tigameshelf.net/asm.htm

has it.. called "Bandit"

more like frenzy which is the sequel to bezerk but the same gameplay as bezerk

Dsk image http://tigameshelf.net/Files/Emu/Bandit.dsk

Binary http://tigameshelf.net/Files/Bandarc.bin

Greg

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 2

I just put it on my list. Guess I'm looking at 30+ active game projects right now. :|

Oooh! Awesome.

And I know the Danes are adept programmers, judging from their amazing MegaDemo competition entries over the years. ;-) Must be something in the water over there....

FLAPPYBIRD for the TI-99/4A << HERE >>

The Great Dane had better slow down-don't want him burning himself out before the truly great work is done-Elite, Knight Lore, Bruce Lee, Atic Atac, The Eidolon, Rescue on Fractalus, Mercenary, The entire Infocom and Level 9 back catalogue, hint, hint, hint!, actually I'm pretty sure he has already finished half of these since yesterday ;-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not to hijack the thread but does anyone know if Munchman II has made it on to a DSK that I can make a real floppy of?

Dunno where I found this originally but here's something that might work for ya!

-Dano

(remove .zip extension)

Munch Man II (1987)(John Phillips)with source code.dsk.zip

• Like 1