IGNORED

7800basic beta, the release thread

RevEng

AV programs beware!!! 7800basic v0.15 is now available at the github release page.

Whats new, compared to v0.14:

• CX-22 Trakball support (this also works with most CX-80 Trakballs)
  • Fix for using shakescreen with double-buffering
  • Fix for pokey registers not being used as constants
  • Hi-score screen display can now be skipped with console reset. Hi-score entry can now be performed with select+reset.
  • the bundled dasm has been updated to the latest 2.20.14 release.

Enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lavalamp said:

Im getting the following error IN 7800BASIC and have exhausted any ideas I had on it, I don't see any option to set a banner height with Plotbanner. Whats causing this?

ERROR, plotbanner didn't find a banner height

Are you setting your banner image height as multiples of your zoneheight?  You need to ensure your image is on the boundaries for zoneheight. ie for 8 then 8,16,24,32 etc or for 16, 16,32,48,64 etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mksmith said:

Are you setting your banner image height as multiples of your zoneheight?  You need to ensure your image is on the boundaries for zoneheight. ie for 8 then 8,16,24,32 etc or for 16, 16,32,48,64 etc.

Found it, I was not dropping the .JPG in PLOTBANNER, and I also had 160A in there too!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heads up that using indexed arrays in if...then comparisons is problematic in certain circumstances, in 7800basic and bB. I'll need to delve a bit deeper to see what can be here, but in the meantime, use a temp variable instead...

temp1=dogtype[breedindex]

if temp1 = -1 then goto drawpoodle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RevEng said:

Heads up that using indexed arrays in if...then comparisons is problematic in certain circumstances, in 7800basic and bB. I'll need to delve a bit deeper to see what can be here, but in the meantime, use a temp variable instead...

temp1=dogtype[breedindex]

if temp1 = -1 then goto drawpoodle

Is this the case only for the condition?

So, is this okay?

temp1 = enemyX[enemyindex]

if temp1 = -1 then enemyX[enemyindex]=0

• Like 1

7800basic v0.16 is now available at the github releases page.

Here's what's new since the v0.15 release...

• updated the plotsprite frame parameter to take into account tallspriteheight.
  • added "set deprecated frameheight" to allow for historic plotsprite frame behavior with tall sprites.
  • added hiscoreload command, to load tables from hi score devices into ram.
  • added support for optional game routines: altgamestart, bottomscreen and userinterrupt.
  • splitmode demo sample changed to splitmodetop and splitmodebottom examples, which demonstrate mode splits without wasting cycles.
  • allow variables for boxcollision width and height parameters.
  • added yellow screen of death, to make it obvious when data has been executed.
  • fix: enable bank 0 prior to turning on dma, to avoid race between startup and dma when using topscreenroutine.
  • fix: shakescreen adjusted to work with 224 line display
  • fix: "set canary off" fixed to actually disable the canary
  • the bundled dasm has been update to the latest 2.20.14.1 release.

The previously mentioned bug (array with complex math in if...then condition) hasn't been addressed yet. I wanted to level-set with this release, before digging into that one.

I also want to bring special attention to the yellow screen of death feature. Just like the canary, it's meant to alert you to a very problematic condition in your code (execution of data) by making the failure obvious. If your code was previously working, and you get a yellow screen of death under certain conditions, it means your code really wasn't working correctly before.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, RevEng said:

7800basic v0.16 is now available at the github releases page.

• allow variables for boxcollision width and height parameters.

Awesome update Mike!

Many great new features, however im really excited about variables for width and height parameters.

Going to have some fun playing around with this ?

• Like 2