IGNORED

Season 3 ~ The New HSC ~ Phoenix (Game 1)

Vocelli

I do it in a similar fashion. Only that I save myself the trouble of dodging. I activate the shield when the first central shots are about to hit and fire away. That usually punches at least 2 or 3 dents into the lower part of the blue shield. Then to the edge, where the dents are about to arrive, punch 3 or 4 of them through, back into the center, activate shield and fire. Good flow, and seems to work almost always.

oh, yes! that's better. I did that a few times by accident but haven't changed my game plan yet. more room for improvement!

good to see you here DT...

post-34560-0-81484300-1394342345_thumb.jpg

my big score for now, hopefully I can improve it tonight !

that took me 38 minutes btw. when I'm playing reasonably in a good groove, I'm getting about 20K per minute. so a rollage at that rate should add up to a little more than 50 min., considering the first 8 bosses pay less points.

had a video but failed to convert it

• Like 6

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Due to the increase in Atari 2600 Players.

The scoring will be as follows for Season 3:

50pts for 1st

49pts for 2nd

and so on and so on!

Rarely do I make such a change but the participation has been INCREDIBLE!

Just keep posting!

Thanks,

Vocelli

• Like 6

Looks like i am going to miss out on improving my score for this round due to work and other busy appointments. Sometimes these things happen, however i can see that Atari light at the end of the tunnel.

Free time is on the cards but for the past few weeks it's just been work, family, eat and sleep :(

• Like 2

I'm confused....which tip are you referring to? I've been experimenting with my technique some lately.

Before I was simply firing and dodging in the center of the mothership.

Now I fire in the middle, go left to damage the blue shield, and only then return to the middle for final(s) shooting.

• Like 1

I have made several attempts at rolling the score, but keep making dumb mistakes. I have pretty good patterns for the Blue/Red waves, and can wipe them out within 10-15 seconds. If I fail the pattern, usually it doesn't leave the Phoenix in a bad state that are hard to kill without dying.

The mother ship pattern that I use is pretty good, but I have been making mistakes on it too. I think it is best to get 2-3 holes while in the center, that way if you need to dodge on the edge, you can hopefully still get a two block side-to-side gap.

I may make another attempt at rolling, but when I fail I take 45 minutes or so to not beat my score.

gallery_38581_1110_393.png

• Like 3