IGNORED

Season 3 ~ The New HSC ~ Phoenix (Game 1)

Vocelli

@ Atarian7: As far as I can tell, the difficulty of the bird levels stays the same all the time. The mothership gets more aggressive and descends faster, but that maxes out at the third, I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong, guys.

Meanwhile, I have achieved a huge personal goal. Broke the 6-digit mark with 114,790. I may have reached such scores as a kid, but such information is lost in the mist of time (and the pudding that's my 40-year-old brain...).

This game is best played in a flow. Aimed shots work much better than autofire.

post-34656-0-98042100-1394205175_thumb.png

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 6

OK then! Being on the PAL side of the International Date Line it is now the 8th of March in Australia, and so I can post my Big Score to claim the Save it for later Bonus.

Phoenix290830half.jpg

I may as well go to the top of the leaderboard for a short while before the really big guns start firing!

Wish I'd got a better screenshot. This one doesn't show that it was those dastardly blue birds that got me again.

I've got a weekend coming up which will make Phoenix look peaceful by comparison. Definitely no time to play, so this is my final entry. I'll unnumb my thumb for round 2 icon_thumbsup.gif

• Like 7

I have some news for those aiming at the top, this game can be rolled in about an hour! I had a breakthrough last night. & have some very time-efficient patterns for all the screens. My last score posted took about 35 min, right in line with Capitan's calculations. Now I'm getting through stuff in less than half that time, with lots of room for improvement. No rollage yet though. I'll try to get a video of a good run with my patterns. I plan to set up a 1million-pt. speed-run challenge at HighScore.com and I'll bet it gets down to under an hour...

@karo - right, the third boss ship is where the difficulty maxes out

One time-saving tip: [for the boss ship] I realized that if I start out firing straight up the middle, I can save time by juking right back in there after dodging the first shots that come down. I get six shots in, dodge, then 2-4 more shots up the middle before dodging again. Now there is already damage to the blue part! Now over to the left edge & fire til you have made a hole. mess around for a second or two, & then run to the center & fire thru the hole... This may be the fastest way to beat the boss!

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

Geez!

I popped it in barely expecting 50k, and by the end I was rubbing my eyes and pinching myself!

Something just "clicked" and I didn't die till 50k, which was my goal.

I never Imagined EVER scoring this high!

I still don't like this game, though.

post-36358-0-05661900-1394248754_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

It's been a lotta years since I've been a part of the HSC, but I really want to make a go of it. Worked kicked my butt this week, but I wanted to get this sad token score in before the deadline so I can say I'm in!

I'll try to do better before midnight.

Stan

:spidey:

post-409-0-77311500-1394251235_thumb.jpg

Edited by StanJr
  • Like 4