IGNORED

Season 3 ~ The New HSC ~ Phoenix (Game 1)

Vocelli

One time-saving tip: [for the boss ship] I realized that if I start out firing straight up the middle, I can save time by juking right back in there after dodging the first shots that come down. I get six shots in, dodge, then 2-4 more shots up the middle before dodging again. Now there is already damage to the blue part! Now over to the left edge & fire til you have made a hole. mess around for a second or two, & then run to the center & fire thru the hole... This may be the fastest way to beat the boss!

I do it in a similar fashion. Only that I save myself the trouble of dodging. I activate the shield when the first central shots are about to hit and fire away. That usually punches at least 2 or 3 dents into the lower part of the blue shield. Then to the edge, where the dents are about to arrive, punch 3 or 4 of them through, back into the center, activate shield and fire. Good flow, and seems to work almost always.

• Like 3

It's a twitch game, after a day or so of playing it should kick in man. Also, a little tip I'd like to add. Don't come towards the birds when you can help it (mainly blue and red big ones). Let them come into you, easier to dodge the shot. Also, the ship doesn't come down the entire way, it stops, use that to your advantage.

• Like 1

So it is now that I can show it for ... the first time. :)

Not exactly a world premier, but I think Vocelli will accept it :lolblue:

Very nice score, by the way. Do you intend to roll it, or have you had enough rising from the ashes for the time being?

Edited by Gorfy

Well, it is March 8, so I can post this.

gallery_38581_1110_331.png

I think I can roll the score next time. I will also keep a clock running to see how long. I finally figured out a good pattern to (somewhat) quickly get rid of the blue phoenix. Start by heading Right. Take out 4th.

Head Left. Take out 1st. juke right to dodge.

Keep Left. Take out 2nd. juke right. Head right (if you keep to near the right of the screen, you can safely ignore the 3rd.

Take out the remaining phoenix, possibly taking out the 3rd second to last.

• Like 7

I finally figured out a good pattern to (somewhat) quickly get rid of the blue phoenix. Start by heading Right. Take out 4th.

Head Left. Take out 1st. juke right to dodge.

Keep Left. Take out 2nd. juke right. Head right (if you keep to near the right of the screen, you can safely ignore the 3rd.

Take out the remaining phoenix, possibly taking out the 3rd second to last.

Definitely can verify that. Though my score isn't nearly where I want it yet, I use the same strategy.

I have been trying a new pattern that I like better. The phoenix will hover directly above your cannon on the right/left side, so I now prefer to kill the blues 4th, 1st, then hang to the right of the screen to kill the rest.

The reds are hold right and fire 7th, right edge 2nd, head left to dodge a little but then strafe right with the stack of 3rd/4th/5th and hit the right edge. Then bounce out a little from the edge to kill the 1st, and then the final phoenix.

For the newbies

This is how it works.

I just posted Week 2.

You may post scores for Week 2 for that game in that post starting today.

You may also continue to post Week 1 scores until Midnight tomorrow. This gives you 2 games to play every weekend.

We, Gorfy and myself, will tabulate the scores with bonuses on Monday.

The standings will be posted in Week 2 usually Monday late afternoon or evening.

If you see mistakes please PM me and we can make the changes.

Oh... and have FUN!

Thanks,

Vocelli

• Like 1