IGNORED

Lynx HSC 2014 Round 3 Robotron 2084

roadrunner

Indeed, Berzerk with more enemies and dual sticks would be like Robotron with walls. Maybe one could see Robotron as a sequel in spirit.

About the 2600: I am pretty sure the sprites are the reason. Existing 2600 games have flicker problems already, but Robotron quickly has 50+ moving objects. The same problem goes for NES and SMS to a lesser degree. Those work very different from the 7800 for example, and while they usually have the upper hand when it comes to level of detail, they are not good at handling lots of sprites.

IIRC there was a Robotron 2600 experiment on AA, some homebrewer tried to get so many sprites working. There's a thread somewhere...

And Robotron C64 is indeed disappointing. Much too slow. Seeing how less powerful systems hhad better versions is a shame.

Robotron X/64 looks so much like I would imagine a Jaguar Robotron 2000 by Jeff Minter, at least in style. Istill hope Reboot will someday do a Rebootron. :)

If you click on episode #7 and fast forward to 15:30 you can see Robotron.

Haha, that looks like a fun show!! The boy knew what game he was picking, he tried to save the humans because that makes a lot more points than just destroying the Robotrons. His opponent probably didin't now.^^

OMG, this is truly awful. They have literally sticked to black and white ... meaning not even gray scales.It's painfully slow, sprites move in large increments, there is only like 3 or 4 shots on screen at the same time and the screen is well-known to be inferior to even the classic GameBoy. Looking at the Let's compare video I posted even humble computers like the Dragon 32, the TI99 and the Spectrum did much better!

Haha, that looks like a fun show!! The boy knew what game he was picking, he tried to save the humans because that makes a lot more points than just destroying the Robotrons. His opponent probably didin't now.^^

I have a feeling the tall guy let the little kid win. :)

holy crap y'all I've been looking for this since I found the HSC's I thought LYNX HSC was a thing of the past. how do I miss so much stuff?? (thanks oyama) I had a LYNX in late 80's it was my first hand-held. only had one game, Gauntlet.

I never knew Robotron til late 2012 I saw the SNES version, then went to an arcade & played the Crap out of it! still my favorite game at the arcade.

holy crap y'all I've been looking for this since I found the HSC's I thought LYNX HSC was a thing of the past. how do I miss so much stuff?? (thanks oyama) I had a LYNX in late 80's it was my first hand-held. only had one game, Gauntlet.

I never knew Robotron til late 2012 I saw the SNES version, then went to an arcade & played the Crap out of it! still my favorite game at the arcade.

Welcome :)

The Lynx HSC has been around for about 6 yrs.

For some reason it doesn't show up in the high score club sub forum??? :(

thanx!

I'm in with 117625

post-34560-0-27885000-1395485007_thumb.jpg

this is so cool, I never played a LYNX game other than Gauntlet, never played Handy before

I like these controls, I expected the same control scheme as Smash TV for NES (1 controller), this is better. and way better than 7800 Robotron, 1 controller

and for the bonus: Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits for Game Boy Advance: 169700

post-34560-0-59865100-1395485031_thumb.jpg

for 1-button & a +pad this GBA one kicks ass -- somehow works much better than 7800 control.

not enough humans though :|

Can you please all stop playing Robotron now!?! I fear for my first place!!! XD

Sorry, 108 Stars. But you've got a few hours left yet. :)

Dscf6118_zps4a418b30.jpg

I wasn't sure if I'd have time to compete this month. I really wanted to post a score last month, but I ended up selling my house and buying a new one, and with all my free time spent moving, I didn't have a spare second to play. Sometimes the adult life makes you lose sight of the important things....like Robotron!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, 108 Stars. But you've got a few hours left yet. :)

Dscf6118_zps4a418b30.jpg

I wasn't sure if I'd have time to compete this month. I really wanted to post a score last month, but I ended up selling my house and buying a new one, and with all my free time spent moving, I didn't have a spare second to play. Sometimes the adult life makes you lose sight of the important things....like Robotron!

Hey great score PFG. I tried but wasn't able to top my score before leaving for vacation in late March. We need to play Robotron again in the HSC, sooner rather than later.

• Like 1