IGNORED

H.E.R.O. for Intellivision

scalpel

I also played a lot on the C-64. Very goog game. I bought the CIB for the Coleco Vision. It would be great to make a serie like DK and DK2:

H.E.R.O. - Orignal level verions

H.E.R.O. II - New level design.

May be to make a contest for the best level design. Winners could have the game free or reduced pricing.

I know that revolutionika is pushing a lot and working hard to have new titles but I would be in favor Elektronite for those two titles. Just a gut feeling (my sincere apologies to Revolutionika - continue your good working anyway)

You know it wasn't "Elektronite" that made those games; it was Carl Mueller Jr. As a matter of fact, he wrote the original version of Donkey Kong Arcade (later rebranded DK Arcade) many years before, and was originally published by IntelligentVision.

Ms. Pac-Man was written by Carl too, and was also not published by Elektronite.

As long as there is talent, the games will be made, irrespective of publisher.

dZ.

• Like 2

Hi, well, I don`t know all the details.

I presumed that the Editor is the choice of the author (or something like). IntelligentVision published a lot of good games but the reason is more simpler than that : I prefer the gatefold box and Elektronite is the only publisher for which their release are all gatefold boxes. Only LTO did one for Christmas Carol.

Cheers

Hi, well, I don`t know all the details.

I presumed that the Editor is the choice of the author (or something like). IntelligentVision published a lot of good games but the reason is more simpler than that : I prefer the gatefold box and Elektronite is the only publisher for which their release are all gatefold boxes. Only LTO did one for Christmas Carol.

Cheers

Willy's boxes really are beautiful. I'm so glad he was able to capture the style of the early Mattel releases, so very cool.

If Elektronite is shutting down, according to what Willy wrote, I hope that someone will inherit expertise and suppliers and produce carts in boxes as beautiful as the Elektronite ones

Edit: WaveRider and cmart604, I'm sorry, I shouldn't multiquote. Now it's too late

Edited by intellivotion

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey all. I'm a 48 year old disabled United States Marine who is also a paraplegic. I've been diagnosed with cancer three times as well as suffering through three separate strokes in the last 15 years. So... I don't have a ton of options most days as to what I can enjoy going.

Thankfully, I've been a gamer for the last 42 years straight and started out on a used Pong machine that I got at a yard sale. From there I played and used almost every game system and computer over the years.

As hard as it may be to believe; I only just recently joined this site and decided to dive into the Homebrew games (TNT Cowboy blew my mind when I watched a very short YouTube review of it). 

I have to agree that HERO is one of my two favorite games for the 2600 but it's tied for best game with Riddle of the Sphinx (by the best damned game company back then known as Imagic).

I'd love to see both Hero AND RotS created for the Intellivision. I've only just started reading my copy of Programming Games for the Intellivision BUT... I gotta believe that with the Intellivision having the numeric keypad capabilities that Riddle of the Sphinx would be even more intuitive to play on the Intellivision. The fact that it COULD require a single controller as opposed to needing both joysticks on the Atari to play would be neat. 

I think that a newer version of HERO on the Intellivision would be cool and similar to how much more fun Pitfall II versus the original Pitfall.

Anyways, I just wanted to comment and say hello folks. There is do much to read on all of the various different console forums on this wonderful site. 

Semper Fidelis 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikeyalcatraz said:

Hey all. I'm a 48 year old disabled United States Marine who is also a paraplegic. I've been diagnosed with cancer three times as well as suffering through three separate strokes in the last 15 years. So... I don't have a ton of options most days as to what I can enjoy going.

Thankfully, I've been a gamer for the last 42 years straight and started out on a used Pong machine that I got at a yard sale. From there I played and used almost every game system and computer over the years.

As hard as it may be to believe; I only just recently joined this site and decided to dive into the Homebrew games (TNT Cowboy blew my mind when I watched a very short YouTube review of it). 

I have to agree that HERO is one of my two favorite games for the 2600 but it's tied for best game with Riddle of the Sphinx (by the best damned game company back then known as Imagic).

I'd love to see both Hero AND RotS created for the Intellivision. I've only just started reading my copy of Programming Games for the Intellivision BUT... I gotta believe that with the Intellivision having the numeric keypad capabilities that Riddle of the Sphinx would be even more intuitive to play on the Intellivision. The fact that it COULD require a single controller as opposed to needing both joysticks on the Atari to play would be neat. 

I think that a newer version of HERO on the Intellivision would be cool and similar to how much more fun Pitfall II versus the original Pitfall.

Anyways, I just wanted to comment and say hello folks. There is do much to read on all of the various different console forums on this wonderful site. 

Semper Fidelis 

Welcome!  You're bolder than I for tackling Intellivision programming, if only reading up on it for now.  I need to pick up a copy, but I suspect most of it will go over my head.  I've not tried Riddle of the Sphinx, but I think I own a loose copy somewhere.  I'll have to give it a go.

2 hours ago, mikeyalcatraz said:

I'm actually surprised at how much is coming back to me as I'm reading, even though it's been a little over 30 years since I did any sort of programming in Basic. 

So a CIB cart release by the end of September?  Sweet!! ;)    Hope you find programming rewarding.  I’ve been dying to start coding again after digging out my old Atari 8-bit but not at that point in my life where I have the time yet.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...