IGNORED

H.E.R.O. for Intellivision

scalpel

I've always wanted to see a good Intellivision port of Solar Jetman.

Its certainly possible to do a game like Solar Jetman on Inty. However, that game has a whole bunch of moving objects on screen and you need to need to manage your fuel too (so the amount remaining needs to be on screen all the time). Having an 8 direction scrolling screen with some fixed position digits and a ton of moving objects is going to be a challenge on the Inty.

Yes, I am waiting for Frostbite too.

A Thin Ice 2 actually. The Duncan Penguin jumping as in Frostbite.

A Frostbite with the thin ice theme would be excellent. Or is just me and I'm alone with this dream?

I am all for it. Frostbite is my favourite Atari Game… with Duncan the Penguin in the starring role it would definitely be a classic :)

• Like 1

Yes, I am waiting for Frostbite too.

A Thin Ice 2 actually. The Duncan Penguin jumping as in Frostbite.

A Frostbite with the thin ice theme would be excellent. Or is just me and I'm alone with this dream?

Or howabout Duncan being the competitor in versions of Winter Games or Summer Games :) Ski-jumping Duncan would be epic

gavv

• Like 1

Or howabout Duncan being the competitor in versions of Winter Games or Summer Games :) Ski-jumping Duncan would be epic

gavv

Only Winter Games!

Now that we're talking about Duncan I remembered I should had thought before and mentioned it to Dz-Jay!

Duncan would make a great friend in Carol's mission for my special Christmas Carol!

We could also make a Pengo game with Duncan!

P.S.: all this is so awesome I had to finish every phrase with an exclamation!

Wow, I can't imagine how hard H.E.R.O. would be with the Inty controller, given all the precise movements that are required in the later stages. It's one of my favorite games of all time though, so I'd be willing to give it a shot :)

It would also be cool to give the game an actual ending, instead of just looping the last 8 stages until it locks up at 1,000,000 points... maybe an optional "Inty" mode or something. Once you've memorized all the levels, the game becomes something of an endurance test after stage 20.

Wow, I can't imagine how hard H.E.R.O. would be with the Inty controller, given all the precise movements that are required in the later stages. It's one of my favorite games of all time though, so I'd be willing to give it a shot :)

Yeah, the ability to do gentle taps of the 2600 joystick for the slightest adjustments and to turn around is pretty significant and getting used to the time delay in 'taking off' would be quite challenging with the disc.

gavv

A very rough mock-up of what the Inty version could look like :-

attachicon.gifInty_HERO_Mock.png <---- Click to enlarge

My craptastic programmer art :lol: could be much improved by a good pixel artist. The mock isn't using very many GRAM cards so there is plenty of scope for interesting backgrounds. I've allocated 3 MOBs for the player's avatar, which leaves 5 free for moving enemies, shots etc.

Dude, promise me you'll treat Nonner with respect and never let him go... :lol:

-dZ.

• Like 2

Only Winter Games!

Now that we're talking about Duncan I remembered I should had thought before and mentioned it to Dz-Jay!

Duncan would make a great friend in Carol's mission for my special Christmas Carol!

We could also make a Pengo game with Duncan!

P.S.: all this is so awesome I had to finish every phrase with an exclamation!

I don't think there are any penguins in the Himalayas.......!

Edited by DZ-Jay

Yeah, the ability to do gentle taps of the 2600 joystick for the slightest adjustments and to turn around is pretty significant and getting used to the time delay in 'taking off' would be quite challenging with the disc.

gavv

But that's in the VCS version. I've only played it on the C=64 and I don't recall it having any such challenges. I think the Intellivision disc controller can be handled with such precision if programmed correctly.

-dZ.

• Like 2

But that's in the VCS version. I've only played it on the C=64 and I don't recall it having any such challenges. I think the Intellivision disc controller can be handled with such precision if programmed correctly.

-dZ.

Indeed, the Intellivision controller can deliver the required surgical precision of some games. Carol vs Ghost is a fine example.

• 1 year later...

BUMP!

I love H.E.R.O. and I've always dreamed to play it with my Inty since I was a teenager.

The mock-up by GroovyBee (post #19) is amazing.

To not violate the license ( |:) ) I would call the new game O.R.E.H. (Only Required Experienced Helicopterists) (I don't know if the joke works in English)

• Like 3

Dude, promise me you'll treat Nonner with respect and never let him go... :lol:

-dZ.

I've wonder how he is doing? I hope Groovybee remembers to feed him once in awhile.

H.E.R.O. is one of my favorite Atari 2600 game back then. I brought the Colecovision version of H.E.R.O. so I have a version to play. I think Intellivision version shouldn't be too hard to make.

I also played a lot on the C-64. Very goog game. I bought the CIB for the Coleco Vision. It would be great to make a serie like DK and DK2:

H.E.R.O. - Orignal level verions

H.E.R.O. II - New level design.

May be to make a contest for the best level design. Winners could have the game free or reduced pricing.

I know that revolutionika is pushing a lot and working hard to have new titles but I would be in favor Elektronite for those two titles. Just a gut feeling (my sincere apologies to Revolutionika - continue your good working anyway)