IGNORED

downfall+ cartridge release :: initial info, background and story

sh3-rg

Again, all PMs are now (hopefully) clear. If for some reason I've not sent you a paypal request and you think you should have one, please reply to the PM (I was missing them when they went off the bottom of the box that appears on the messenger icon at the top of AA).

Thanks to everyone who ordered or began the ordering process so far - cheers!

Extra special thanks to those who also ordered a copy of the original downfall as per the ejagfest release - this helps greatly - it's appreciated.

Can't imagine what the response will be like when we release something new or not a remix on cart, with over half our boards spoken for already I can see busy times ahead :)

• Like 2

This I actually did mention (I hope!). We could ask RGCD if they would be prepared to handle this as they do it for their C-64 games. I will DM james@RGCD and explore the possibilities. But be aware that so far we have -always- released stuff either at the same time or some time after, we try to be as fair to everyone as possible and want our games to be played by as many as possible while keeping everything financially viable. With downfall+, the original game is still very much the same experience, if you're not a collector or superfan, that will probably do for now and if we do let someone distribute a ROM in such a way, there's every chance we'd also release it on our site at some quiet point down the line, just because that's what we do :0)

I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks for a ROM of the game. Would like to support your work as much as I can, but with bills and other hobbies of focus I've been putting my money towards lately, a cart purchase is just not in the cards for me at the moment.

• Like 2

I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks for a ROM of the game. Would like to support your work as much as I can, but with bills and other hobbies of focus I've been putting my money towards lately, a cart purchase is just not in the cards for me at the moment.

Appreciate the sentiments, Austin. Unless you really are that desperate to play downfall+, just stick with the original! These are selling great and comments like yours beat cash money any day :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks to those that ordered. We're all but done with taking any more for now. Carts are all flashed and tested, a little assembly and they will be complete and ready to be boxed up (the packing boxes arrived as well).

I'll post here again when I start to get them down to the post office. Once we're happy they are arriving safely at their destinations, we can free up the remaining copies that we're holding back to cover insured deliveries.

• Like 4

Ok, let me know when there is another Downfall+ cartridge to order, I missed the order time window. Will there be a second run available? Thanks.

Dude, it was the SAME thing for me with Elansar and Another World. I drifted from Atari Age for just a short time while I was finishing up my masters degree, and three to four games were released all during that time! I was luckily able to get Impulse-X (totally, totally awesome... if you missed that one, pick it up). I also just bought Robinson's Requiem... but it's been bouncing back and forth between the Maryland post office and the Florida post office because I just moved from there. It's bounced back literally like 4 times already because the post offices can't seem to figure out that it needs to be FORWARDED... ugh...