IGNORED

downfall+ cartridge release :: initial info, background and story

sh3-rg

You forgot:

Pro Controller support, Jagtopia and BJL loading.

You forgot:

Game: U235SE instead of SiniPlayer, Rotary controls, Heiko Mode

GamePlay: Some of the platforms, because they use different bitmaps, can now be ran across if going full speed.

Good points, the use of U-235 SE makes the guest speaker samples much easier to discern. As for the gfx changes making movement easier in places, yes, it's therefore probably very slightly easier than the old game at times.

Looked at the downfall+ high score chart today for the first time - WTF?! 31 scores, one over 60,000(!!!) and all for nothing more than the fame of being up there :lol: Yet we did the Rocketeer high score competition with exclusive prizes and didn't get that much response after weeks, never mind days... weird!

ps oh and wow someone seems to have hacked the scores already? A score of 0 is impossibru! (I think 15 is the lowest I could make it score and I programmed all carts to have a score of 14 before overwriting with a legitimate score for testing).

• Like 3

First boot it generates a code for 0.

ps oh and wow someone seems to have hacked the scores already? A score of 0 is impossibru! (I think 15 is the lowest I could make it score and I programmed all carts to have a score of 14 before overwriting with a legitimate score for testing).

• Like 1

You forgot:

Game: U235SE instead of SiniPlayer, Rotary controls, Heiko Mode

GamePlay: Some of the platforms, because they use different bitmaps, can now be ran across if going full speed.

You forgot: as first seen in the Falcon version :P.

sh3 has been working on a family tree for the website, no idea how complete it is tho.

From what we had posted on our website and other sources:

Downfall for Amiga by Remainder software for Amiga OCS & AGA.

DownFall (Down To Hell?) by Alain Brobecker & Carl Olsson for Windows.

Fahrfall by John W. Linville for the CoCo 3.

Gówno spadaj¹ce w dó³ (sorry, some chars couldn't be copied ok) on Atari 800 by Koala released at Grzybsoniada 2012

Jump! by Xuel for the Atari 800, written in 10 lines of Turbo Basic code (just to make us all feel inadequate ;))

and of course the original Man Goes Down by Alex Herbert for the Atari 2600.

Not shown here is another version for the Atari 800 (which looks FANTASTIC I might add) made by an AA member, and is WIP, sorry :(.

Edited by ggn
  • Like 2

Hey ggn.

I think Fahrfall is for the coco 1/2 only. It uses a semi-graphics mode not supported by the coco 3.

Oops, sorry for the error :).

There was a CoCo3??? Never knew this!

I'm not sure either ;)

Yes, that's correct -- CoCo 1/2 only for Fahrfall.

Sorry! Soooooo, do we get a final soon? :D

Never heard of a CoCo! You guys should expand your reading list...

http://www.amazon.com/CoCo-Colorful-History-Underdog-Computer/dp/1466592478

Haha! That would only be me who made such an admittance.

I think I'll side-step the $30+ book plus shipping to the UK and just head on over to the Google Search Bar instead, thanks! :-D

Then...: Youtube :cool:

Dragon 32 and Dragon 64. Made in Wales ;)

Hah, I did a quick search thinking that 32 and 64 meant 32 bit and 64 bit, and then I saw what looked like a CoCo... and then I realized... "oohh... yeah, 32k and 64k of memory..."

But on the other hand, this came up in eBay when I did a search for "Dragon" and "64"...

So many memories...

$_57.JPG

UPDATE: I've had to refund the few people who ordered early but paid very late (ie enquired when orders were open but didn't get around to paying until some weeks later). I closed orders when I knew I wouldn't have further free time due to work etc., I tried my best but a combination of the great weather keeping me busy every day and illnesses leaving me stuck in bed for a time, resulted in no time for making and testing further downfall+ carts (core Reboot members don't even have their own copies yet either, myself included, they will have to wait as well).

Anyone who received the refund is welcome to reorder once I'm in a position to open up orders again, but the way things are that's likely to be much later in the year - realistically September/October at the earliest. Any free time I have for Jaguar stuff between now and then will not be spent on this side of things but working on creating games themselves - the fun stuff, not the tedious and time-consuming end of things.

It's too bad there aren't more people like Neotokeo2001 that enjoy the packaging and distribution part of classic gaming. Self publishing sounds fine until you do it, it seems.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it to some extent, but only when I have the time to do it right and without pressures, and not at the expense of actually working on the games themselves, i.e. Winter :lol:

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it to some extent, but only when I have the time to do it right and without pressures, and not at the expense of actually working on the games themselves, i.e. Winter :lol:

Let's just say that folks should be very, very glad that you are in charge of this stuff.

I have only one box to ship to CJ and it's about 1.5 years late at this point :P

• Like 3

Don't worry, sh3 is catching up - he's currently 8 months late for mine.

Let's just say that folks should be very, very glad that you are in charge of this stuff.

I have only one box to ship to CJ and it's about 1.5 years late at this point :P

• Like 1