IGNORED

downfall+ cartridge release :: initial info, background and story

sh3-rg

Dude, it was the SAME thing for me with Elansar and Another World. I drifted from Atari Age for just a short time while I was finishing up my masters degree, and three to four games were released all during that time! I was luckily able to get Impulse-X (totally, totally awesome... if you missed that one, pick it up). I also just bought Robinson's Requiem... but it's been bouncing back and forth between the Maryland post office and the Florida post office because I just moved from there. It's bounced back literally like 4 times already because the post offices can't seem to figure out that it needs to be FORWARDED... ugh...Yuuu

You should be getting that shipment soon I would think, as long as it doesn't bounce too much and they send it back to sender, that would not be best.

Yuup! definitely understand how you feel. Sometimes for me it's hard to balance everything in life and not let things slide or put them off as I tend to do. Also, I seem to be isolated and in my own little computer world sometimes a lot. :P What they say is right, There really is not many second chances in life and it sucks living with regret of missed opportunities. That's why I'm trying to stay in touch with everyone(Got Galaxy S3 last year) and NOT keep stuff on the back burner for too long, I try to do a little bit of everything I need to do all the time. All I had to do is take a few minutes and check in here on Atariage once or twice a month at least.. and I wouldn't have missed anything prolly, but getting caught up in all the other stuff going on and my ocd "all or nothing" attitude really didn't help to have a balanced life. Now, coming through a rather severe medical problem, I have seen where I'm messing up, I now have ocd Jaguar collecting under control, am pharma drug free and realize the importance of staying connected to all the people I know.

• Like 1

You should be getting that shipment soon I would think, as long as it doesn't bounce too much and they send it back to sender, that would not be best.

Yuup! definitely understand how you feel. Sometimes for me it's hard to balance everything in life and not let things slide or put them off as I tend to do. Also, I seem to be isolated and in my own little computer world sometimes a lot. :P What they say is right, There really is not many second chances in life and it sucks living with regret of missed opportunities. That's why I'm trying to stay in touch with everyone(Got Galaxy S3 last year) and NOT keep stuff on the back burner for too long, I try to do a little bit of everything I need to do all the time. All I had to do is take a few minutes and check in here on Atariage once or twice a month at least.. and I wouldn't have missed anything prolly, but getting caught up in all the other stuff going on and my ocd "all or nothing" attitude really didn't help to have a balanced life. Now, coming through a rather severe medical problem, I have seen where I'm messing up, I now have ocd Jaguar collecting under control, am pharma drug free and realize the importance of staying connected to all the people I know.

It's too funny... the JagCD just came in! I was sure it was going back to Maryland for another round... but it's actually here! Woo hoo! I probably won't get it hooked up for a few days though, still trying to unpack after my move.

Yeah, totally understand... I get like that too.

Was hoping to get a load ready to go tonight after spending last weekend doing lots of this:

post-25413-0-07038100-1395006894.png

Unfortunately I'm now stuck here:

post-25413-0-94068500-1395006352.png

Boxes ready, carts flashed, labels waiting patiently, carts assembled, screws dropped into place... and... fell right through into the holes - way too small - d'oh! So I can't actually assemble the finished carts yet and attach the labels. Really daft thing to be holding me up and I'm sorry about that but trust me when I say nobody is more annoyed than I am right now. Doubly annoying as I checked with someone who recently assembled a load of Jaguar carts and verified the screw measurements... what I received just doesn't match the measurements in my order.

More (and hopefully correctly dimensioned!) screws are ordered and should be here by Tuesday, unfortunately I won't get any time to get back to this until Friday at the earliest. It'll be two weeks tomorrow since we started taking orders and I'm a bit disappointed that I won't have them ready to go for another week yet... that's not really how I planned for this to work out :/

So just posting to keep you informed and to let you know why downfall+ hasn't landed on your door mat just yet... f&(*&ing screws ffs...

• Like 4

Was hoping to get a load ready to go tonight after spending last weekend doing lots of this:

post-25413-0-07038100-1395006894.png

Unfortunately I'm now stuck here:

post-25413-0-94068500-1395006352.png

Boxes ready, carts flashed, labels waiting patiently, carts assembled, screws dropped into place... and... fell right through into the holes - way too small - d'oh! So I can't actually assemble the finished carts yet and attach the labels. Really daft thing to be holding me up and I'm sorry about that but trust me when I say nobody is more annoyed than I am right now. Doubly annoying as I checked with someone who recently assembled a load of Jaguar carts and verified the screw measurements... what I received just doesn't match the measurements in my order.

More (and hopefully correctly dimensioned!) screws are ordered and should be here by Tuesday, unfortunately I won't get any time to get back to this until Friday at the earliest. It'll be two weeks tomorrow since we started taking orders and I'm a bit disappointed that I won't have them ready to go for another week yet... that's not really how I planned for this to work out :/

So just posting to keep you informed and to let you know why downfall+ hasn't landed on your door mat just yet... f&(*&ing screws ffs...

Hah, I can see myself taking that whole box, and opening each one every time I get bored... like Christmas each time...

No problem with the delay!

• Like 2

Cool thanks for that. Who drew the little man?

It's a self-portrait at 1/5th scale (as everyone knows, I'm at least 18" tall in real life). And my nan knitted me a nice yellow sweater for the occasion.

The character on the front is a young Barry from SuperFly DX, this being the prequel (for no better reason than just because I said so).

Special box you say?? Hehe!

How many Jaguar games have inspired Haiku? That requires reward.

• Like 5

Since GT bumped this, I'll update. Screws came, screws were correctly-sized, screws were fastened into place (with help from my production assistant - an almost 3 year old boy who seemed to really enjoy placing tiny screws into Jaguar cart cases and passing them to me to SCREW IN SCREWS, DADDY! IN! IN!).

Labels were already printed but today they were guillotined, corners rounded (urgh) and attached (all this probably took longer than flashing the things, lol).

So now "all" that is left to do is make up dozens and dozens of boxes and, as GGN put it, "boot them out of the house", which I will hopefully be doing all day tomorrow as for the first time in a month I have a "free" Saturday.

I have to say, massive respect for James at RGCD... this cart making stuff is pretty boring, time-consuming and often tedious stuff... but it really does feel great when you stand back and see a wall of finished product :lol: I hope we can afford to offload this part of the process in time...

• Like 8

Since GT bumped this, I'll update. Screws came, screws were correctly-sized, screws were fastened into place (with help from my production assistant - an almost 3 year old boy who seemed to really enjoy placing tiny screws into Jaguar cart cases and passing them to me to SCREW IN SCREWS, DADDY! IN! IN!).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It must be too funny !!!! Big kiss to him !!!

• Like 1

Labels were already printed but today they were guillotined, corners rounded (urgh) and attached (all this probably took longer than flashing the things, lol).

So now "all" that is left to do is make up dozens and dozens of boxes and, as GGN put it, "boot them out of the house", which I will hopefully be doing all day tomorrow as for the first time in a month I have a "free" Saturday.

I have to say, massive respect for James at RGCD... this cart making stuff is pretty boring, time-consuming and often tedious stuff... but it really does feel great when you stand back and see a wall of finished product :lol: I hope we can afford to offload this part of the process in time...

I leave it up to the professionals.

All packages made up after a final test of each cart just to be sure. Will be taking these with me to work each day and posting a dozen or two on my way home. I think I'll start with those in NA first, as their boxes have the furthest to travel. Will keep it simpler with the ladies at the PO :lol:

I won't be replying with PMs to anyone individually, but I'll post here when all boxes are gone.

For now that's enough of my weekend gone - time for some inFamous:SS

• Like 3

Sent first 30 today (USA, Canada and UK), will take another 30 or so tomorrow (rest of the USA boxes and some European ones), then the remainder will go Wednesday.

Was only supposed to be sending the NA ones today but I picked up the bag of UK ones instead of the remaining USA ones, sorry! Complete amateur!!111one etc. :0)

• Like 3