IGNORED

Horizon RAMdisk ROS and CFG Development

32 minutes ago, dhe said:

SNUG has it's own software.

Thanks.

The only .DSK I found in my snug directory is the "ROS8.14-F16". This one ?

And there are some HRD16*.P99-files which I don´t know to handle, and that are not mentioned in the manual.

I use CFG/ROS from this thread on both my HRD16 AND Horizon 2000 and have for years without any problems at all. The HRD16 is essentially a Horizon RAMdisk with a few tweaks for stability and efficiency. It also has a 16-bit mode when used with the SGCPU. The most notable is the Lithium battery. The batteries in my SNUG cards (BWG and HRD16) both lasted 15+ years before they needed to be replaced.

The .P99 files on the SNUG site are binary files with an added TIFILES header.

Edited by atrax27407
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

OK, I got it managed to change the battery on my Snug HRD16 3MB without destroing my whole system.

And I was able to "socket" it with a battery holder, to easily reset it.

I´ll tell you more when the fire department has left my house :grin:

So I tested my HRD16 (first time I use a HRD!) with playing around.

First I tried to use the newest CFG here around (3-27-2020), it recognizes the card,

but if I try to load the ROS(ticc) I just get "error".

Then I tried the former, usual 8.14-F disk, this completly seems to work.

I can create drives an letters, and copy files a.s.o.

Then I "resetted" the card again (by pulling the battery and waiting a moment), and it seemed to be deleted.

Then again, I used the new CFG, given here, and loaded the ROSTICC from the 8.14-F with it. This work too :thumbsup:

So, if there is a problem, and it´s not me, it should be the new ROS, right ?

I think, this is not dramatic, as the HRD16 works with the older ROS at all,

but if you want to add or fix the collaboration with the HRD16, i can offer doing dirty things remote here ;)

or I can ship my HRD16 to you, if you want. But only, if it makes sense at all, to "fix" that.

And, maybe the "problem" is due to my card here ? Possible too, of course.

thx

xXx

Edited by Schmitzi
  • Like 1

Mountet the DDCC-1,

from DSK1 (Lotharek) is says "Error"

from DSK3 (5.25") brings "Error 7"

Then I mounted an original TI Controller,

from DSK1 it says "Error" (like all others)

from DSK3 it resets to the titlescreen

Maybe I have to dismount the Lotharek, I´ll try that later this evening

With the 8.14-F

(BWG/Lotharek,

and also new CFG842C from Lotharek and old "ROSTICC" 814-F file from DSK3 Floppy drive)

IMG_2527.thumb.JPG.53a6647e6baf5b5d70b673048c2c53cc.JPG

Maybe the ROSTICC file (8.42C 3-27-2020) inside the HFE is corrupt ? hmmmmmm

Would be the first time since years. I´ll download & convert again tomorrow...

Edited by Schmitzi

1 hour ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

I did my testing with F18A machine.  There is no ROSTICC in 3-20-2020.

What is the filename:  "ROS842" or "ROS842C"?   Make sure your filename is right and case sensitive, etc. 

yeah, ROSTICC is just how I call them, both. It happened as shown in the screens above. 842c ? The name was given, I just pressed enter.

My F18A ? is latest firmware, I think (v1.8 IIRC)

Edited by Schmitzi

ah OK, I checked the .DSK and the name of the file is different than the given default name, it´s ROS842CC.

And "error" means file not found.

I have to check later, when I am back. This is it, I think :) :thumbsup: thx

Edited by Schmitzi
  • Like 1

Yes.  When I made the ZIP I noticed in Fred's program that the TI filename was different than the PC filename.  I think this has to do with how I am using xdt99.   I meant to figure out the problem and never did.  So if you transfer to disk image the name might be "ros842cc".   however, if you load from TIPI (as I do) you use the PC name.  Up until now I've always distributed with disk images so I am learning too!

Maybe I will remove the default ROS name from the CFG program so that everyone has to type it :)   I'll also consider whether or not I can add a 'file not found' message instead of 'error'. If/when I release another version.   ;)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Yes.  When I made the ZIP I noticed in Fred's program that the TI filename was different than the PC filename.  I think this has to do with how I am using xdt99.   I meant to figure out the problem and never did.  So if you transfer to disk image the name might be "ros842cc".   however, if you load from TIPI (as I do) you use the PC name.  Up until now I've always distributed with disk images so I am learning too!

Maybe I will remove the default ROS name from the CFG program so that everyone has to type it :)   I'll also consider whether or not I can add a 'file not found' message instead of 'error'. If/when I release another version.   ;)

So I used the correct filename now (ROS842CC) and the ROS loads :)

One thing that I see is, if I set the "Power Up" parameter to "Yes", then, at restart, I only get a light blue screen.

I found out that this is due to the FinalGROM99 usage (TI XB or XB2.5 loaded, or whatever)

If I use a real iron Extended Basic cartridge, the system starts up......

So I pulled an old HRD3000 card (1 MB, all tests = OK) and it´s the same behaviour.

No reaction after loading the ROS if the FinalGROM is inserted

I also switched the HRD3000 to >1400 and loaded the original 8.14-F with an Extended Basic cart,

this is OK, until I insert the FinalGROM99. Then after power up the TI (with parameter "Power up=Y), only a light blue screen

Is the file MENU on your first formatted ramdisk?  Try that and see if it resolves the issue. 

I do not use a finalgrom/finalrom so I do not know what is happening. Does finalgrom have its own powerup routine that tries to take control?  It is possible that without the MENU program on the ramdisk, the return code is getting lost on its way back to finalgrom.  (conjecture)