InsaneMultitasker

Horizon RAMdisk ROS and CFG Development

1 hour ago, rgjt said:

Does anybody have the QS-Ramdisk software that allows the creation of a ramdisk for the 96k memory portion above the 32k?

That software was sold by Quality 99 Software.

Toss the question into the general forum, might be someone that has the files and/or information.  The ROS/CFG developed in this thread isn't compatible with the Foundation card, as it is much different from a hardware perspective.  If you are interested in a true ramdisk, the horizon ramdisk 4000B is the way to go. 

38 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

I believe a lot of their programs had the protection routines removed by others long after Quality 99 was no more, although I'm not sure if anyone applied that procedure to QS-Ramdisk.

I know that Gazoo made a disk long ago with most (all?) of the Quality Soft software with protection removed.  I looked for that disk now and couldn't find it but someone in the main forum may have better luck. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Toss the question into the general forum, might be someone that has the files and/or information.  The ROS/CFG developed in this thread isn't compatible with the Foundation card, as it is much different from a hardware perspective.  If you are interested in a true ramdisk, the horizon ramdisk 4000B is the way to go. 

I know that Gazoo made a disk long ago with most (all?) of the Quality Soft software with protection removed.  I looked for that disk now and couldn't find it but someone in the main forum may have better luck. 

I have the HRD4000B on order.

The Foundation 128k card is from a friend that was trying to make full use of it.

I'm pretty sure the Foundation in un-modified form would be worth a lot of $$$ on ebay.

Probably enough to buy a nice HRD4000B.

As far the Quality Soft EPROM, I'd be surprised of Atrax of HummingBird software doesn't have it.

1 hour ago, dhe said:

I'm pretty sure the Foundation in un-modified form would be worth a lot of $$$ on ebay.

Probably enough to buy a nice HRD4000B.

As far the Quality Soft EPROM, I'd be surprised of Atrax of HummingBird software doesn't have it.

The QS-Ramdisk program was a disk-based program. The only alternate EPROM I've seen for the Foundation card was the one that lets you treat it as a Myarc card (and run Myarc XB-II with it). There is also a proceure out there to upgrade it to 512K when using the Myarc-compatible EPROM.

Foundation cards generally run in the $100 to $150 range, depending on how many people are looking for them at any given moment, so definitely not enough to buy an HRD 4000B with the windfall, unfortunately.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, atrax27407 said:

I've got it!

You have what, the QS-Ramdisk software for the Foundation 128k?

Posted (edited)

The foundation 128k can easily be converted to the 512k version, then modified to use as a Myarc 512k.

Edited by RickyDean
hate this auto correct stuff, always changing my spelling.
  • Like 1