IGNORED

Horizon RAMdisk ROS and CFG Development

P-Code 4.0: (>1F00)

attachicon.gif061-PCode-RS.jpgattachicon.gif062-PCode-RS.jpg

Very nice posts!

I didn't know you could activate a PCODE card and not run the PCODE software ;)

For the Foundation card, I seem to recall it responds to "DSKX." . Is that correct?

I believe Fred's Disk Utility program show the DSR headers for the cards in the system.

What I need is a unique Device name or unique subprogram that can be used to identify each card. If a DSR is not loaded, it will not be identified. I might consider adding some code to test for CRU responses and memory paging, but that is currently beyond the scope of this release. So, if you have screenshot of the DSR for these cards I can take a look. Or if you have an EPROM dump I can look at it directly. Many options ;)

Very nice posts!

For the Foundation card, I seem to recall it responds to "DSKX." . Is that correct?

I believe Fred's Disk Utility program show the DSR headers for the cards in the system.

What I need is a unique Device name or unique subprogram that can be used to identify each card. If a DSR is not loaded, it will not be identified. I might consider adding some code to test for CRU responses and memory paging, but that is currently beyond the scope of this release. So, if you have screenshot of the DSR for these cards I can take a look. Or if you have an EPROM dump I can look at it directly. Many options ;)

The Foundation card will be difficult to identify. It was originally sold without an eprom. There was also a hacked eprom that made it work as a Myarc 128k card so it could run Myarc Extended Basic 2. It might be best to leave that one alone and let it be reported as undefinable.

Gazoo

The Corcomp Ramdisk responds as 'DSKR.'. I think there's also a CALL to bring up the resident disk manager, but I don't recall what it is. It would probably be better to identify it by the CALL since 'DSKR.' can also be a valid device for a Horizon Ramdisk.

Gazoo

The earliest Foundation cards were actually a 32K card--that worked just like the TI card. Then came the DSR-free 128K card, with a DSR that came out very soon thereafter (initially as an upgrade, but later it was standard). Last came the hack to make it run the Myarc 128K OS (and their XB 2.11). The hack also included instructions to upgrade the card to 512K (I think I have one that has all of this done to it--but I also have a standard 32K and a 128K (with DSR) version of the card).

The Corcomp Ramdisk responds as 'DSKR.'. I think there's also a CALL to bring up the resident disk manager, but I don't recall what it is. It would probably be better to identify it by the CALL since 'DSKR.' can also be a valid device for a Horizon Ramdisk.

Gazoo

Agreed. A unique subprogram is preferred ;) I could probably do a secondary test for a RAMdisk ROS subprogram to rule out ROS at a detected "DSKR" or "DSKX" device; however, if there is no DSR then the only other method would be to twiddle the CRU bits and look for memory banking in defined areas. If schmitzi can provide the dsr info, we can get one step closer for these cards.

Very nice posts!

thanks.

With the P-CODE-4.0 (CRU >1F00) that was an easy idea. Just set the switch to OFF, start the PEB, and the TI to the startscreen.

Then switch the P-CODE to ON, and boot the wanted tool from disk, or whatever :)

The card is available there, showing her address (but no DSR, as there seems to be none)

Maybe this is a way for testing the P-CODE with a diag-tool ? (Is there any Diag-Tool for the P-CODE ?)

post-41141-0-90125000-1438015072_thumb.jpgpost-41141-0-71045300-1438015092_thumb.jpgpost-41141-0-91787100-1438015122_thumb.jpg

Cool, thanks Gazoo. I've never looked at the documentation because I do not own one... YET... but it's on my list of future acquisitions!

Hi,

which RamDisk do you have ? Here some jumpers from my manuals:

HRD2000:

post-41141-0-02879500-1438013504_thumb.jpg

HRD3000:

post-41141-0-35950400-1438013526_thumb.jpgpost-41141-0-46548200-1438013531_thumb.jpg

HRD4000:

post-41141-0-11556000-1438013538_thumb.jpg

From this it looks like we could do the following:

1. CorComp I think we can use RAMGR and/or LOWER to detect. (As a side note, the HFDC and SCSI use >2x routines, so this card may not play nicely with either of those two cards).

2. Foundation 128K card : MEMINIT or MEM96 plus CRU 0x1E00

3. GRAM 1.1: EDITMEM?

4. Triple Tech: already detected via CLOCK.

5. SAMS / AMS / Mechatronix 128, other non-DSR memory cards: requires a different method.

Gazoo - is EDITMEM also found on a PGRAM? Any other similar calls you see that would cause problems?

I will make some changes and return with an updated version.

From this it looks like we could do the following:

1. CorComp I think we can use RAMGR and/or LOWER to detect. (As a side note, the HFDC and SCSI use >2x routines, so this card may not play nicely with either of those two cards).

2. Foundation 128K card : MEMINIT or MEM96 plus CRU 0x1E00

3. GRAM 1.1: EDITMEM?

4. Triple Tech: already detected via CLOCK.

5. SAMS / AMS / Mechatronix 128, other non-DSR memory cards: requires a different method.

Gazoo - is EDITMEM also found on a PGRAM? Any other similar calls you see that would cause problems?

I will make some changes and return with an updated version.

EDITMEM is not in the Pgram DSR. CLOCK is though. You may want to have the Pgram identifiable by CALL PG and leave CLOCK for the Triple Tech.

RAMGR would probably be the best bet for the Corcomp ramdisk.

Gazoo

• Like 2

EDITMEM is not in the Pgram DSR. CLOCK is though. You may want to have the Pgram identifiable by CALL PG and leave CLOCK for the Triple Tech.

RAMGR would probably be the best bet for the Corcomp ramdisk.

Gazoo

Good point. The way CFG works is it looks for unique items first, so that duplicates can be weeded out. I'll verify clock comes after the PGRAM :)

Good point. The way CFG works is it looks for unique items first, so that duplicates can be weeded out. I'll verify clock comes after the PGRAM :)

Done ;)

Added the GRAM 1.1, Foundation card, and CorComp card to the detection routine. I will give it a test or two before posting. There are a few other cards I want to play with before I wrap this up.