IGNORED

Horizon RAMdisk ROS and CFG Development

My SAMS is fully functional. AMSTEST4 verifies that it is there and everything is working correctly. All of the programs load and run fine and TurboForth finds it quite nicely. It has been my experience that Classic99 does NOT always mirror real TI gear. MESS seems to be more accurate as far as emulation is concerned.

My SAMS is fully functional. AMSTEST4 verifies that it is there and everything is working correctly. All of the programs load and run fine and TurboForth finds it quite nicely. It has been my experience that Classic99 does NOT always mirror real TI gear. MESS seems to be more accurate as far as emulation is concerned.

Thanks. I am sure the problem is with the routine or some interpretation of how the SAMS card functions. I ran AMSTEST4 and noticed you had a hand in modifying the program. Does the original source exist? Maybe Brad's code only works with the smaller capacity AMS card.

If the IDE is recognized as the SAMS, just because the CRU-address >1E00, the DSRs maybe are not read out from the cards ?

Maybe only the CRUs ?

But if Atrax´ card is running, and using >1E00, it should be shown in the ROSCFG832C.....

Maybe you can check the presence of the card (and the DSRs) once with Fred´s DU2K ?

...just to see whats happens.

SAMS detect from Willsy

: SAMS? CR ." SAMS Memory card" $3000 @ 994a $3000 ! 255 $3000 >MAP $3000 @ 994A = IF ." not " THEN ." found " 0 $3000 >MAP $3000 ! ; SAMS? CR

That definition is flawed:

1. The line is too long. It cannot be longer than 80 characters or the console reaches around you and taps the Enter key for you. :-o
  2. Even though the default in TF is for case insensitivity, ‘994a’ is not recognized as a hexadecimal number, even in HEX mode.
  3. Furthermore, if the current radix is 10 (likely), ‘994A’ must be preceded by a ‘$’.

The following should work for whatever radix is current:

: SAMS? CR ." SAMS Memory card " $3000 @ $994A $3000 ! $FF $3000 >MAP 
$3000 @  $994A  = IF ." not " THEN  ." found " 0 $3000 >MAP $3000 ! ;

[EDIT: Note the change from ‘255’ to ‘$FF’ to ensure radix insensitivity.]

...lee

Edited by Lee Stewart

THIERY´s IDE:

I felt boring, so I digged it out, and set it from CRU >1F00 to >1E00 :)

so it was recognized as AMS/SAMS-Card (?) I think just by the address? hmmmm

So the DSRs seem not to be detected, or to misinterpreted...

IDE cards should not be placed at a high CRU :)

The SAMS detection over-rides any other card identification for CRU 0x1E00. I did this for testing purposes. The only time it will happen is if RAM is found in the DSR space. I am fairly certain Fred's DSR is supposed to lock the DSR as read-only for normal operation. Maybe the SAMS detection enables writes to the DSR. Interesting! The Brad Snyder method will not detect the IDE; however, since it writes to the mapper addresses, Fred's DSR might suffer.

Please reset your IDE to another CRU address :)

Edit: Foundation also will not work because of the AMS test code I redid. Consequences, consequences... Time for a break.

Edited by InsaneMultitasker
  • Like 1

Tim,

Check you inbox for the AMSTEST4 source.

I implemented Bruce's check, although I don't see how it can be considered a test. It isn't doing anything different to the 16 registers than what I did originally with one.

Anyway, here it is. CRU 0x1E00 may display two devices as I wanted to allow both detection routines to operate. Let's see what happens.

CFG832d is on the disk.

ROSCFG832C-3.dsk

• Like 1

However, another bug has crept in. Instead of a reasonable return when pressing FCTN-= and allowing MENU to re-boot. I get a colorful screwed up screen. Almost there! All that needs to be done is make sure we use a BLWP @0000 for a re-set.

I will have to inspect the TEST routine. There may be some trick that need to be performed after the testing. If the FCTN-= worked in the previous "C" version, then it may be simple to track down. I have no idea why this routine works... I may need to find my SAMS card this weekend or it will bug me! Thanks Atrax.

I implemented Bruce's check, although I don't see how it can be considered a test. It isn't doing anything different to the 16 registers than what I did originally with one.

Anyway, here it is. CRU 0x1E00 may display two devices as I wanted to allow both detection routines to operate. Let's see what happens.

CFG832d is on the disk.

I tried the CFG832D on the disk and it successfully detected my Super AMS card!

post-35187-0-57057800-1438201384_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cschneider
  • Like 1

OK - I tried running CFG832D from "Rum Program File" in MENU. the F'WEB loaders, REA 2015, and got exactly the same results upon quitting. A colorful wierd screen. All of a sudden, for unfathomable reasons, it has finally decided to "play well" with my system. I have no idea why or what the initial problem was with its exit but it is working fine now. Gremlins?

OK - I tried running CFG832D from "Rum Program File" in MENU. the F'WEB loaders, REA 2015, and got exactly the same results upon quitting. A colorful wierd screen. All of a sudden, for unfathomable reasons, it has finally decided to "play well" with my system. I have no idea why or what the initial problem was with its exit but it is working fine now. Gremlins?

Sounds like SPIKE was at it again.