IGNORED

World Tour Racing 5 Lap Race Video and others...

JaguarGod

Is the beta version of WTR available for download some where? I thought I had a copy that i downloaded at some point. I know B&C sell a version, but I never bought a copy from them and I'm sure I had the beta a some point...

Not that I am aware. But I would assume that its possible that the B&C version is available somewhere. The only problem with the B&C versions are the terrible car engine sounds. Sounds like a Low-Idle V8 instead of a V12 or V10. But it is just a beta. That is what I liked about the JSII beta as it was pretty close to finished, but retained a lot of the F1 licensed info and liveries. Before each race in the beta, it shows information about the track and the lap record at the time from the real F1 driver which is really cool.

Not that I am aware. But I would assume that its possible that the B&C version is available somewhere. The only problem with the B&C versions are the terrible car engine sounds. Sounds like a Low-Idle V8 instead of a V12 or V10. But it is just a beta. That is what I liked about the JSII beta as it was pretty close to finished, but retained a lot of the F1 licensed info and liveries. Before each race in the beta, it shows information about the track and the lap record at the time from the real F1 driver which is really cool.

Was the JSII beta a JSII official release or was it available in the download section? I just don't remember ever buying a beta from B&C or JSIi, but I'm sure I had one or both at one time, but now I seem to have lost the CDR's with them.

Was the JSII WTR beta found in one of the JSII extremist packs? I did use to have them, but sold them off, so maybe that's where my beta went...

Edited by Gunstar

Was the JSII beta a JSII official release or was it available in the download section? I just don't remember ever buying a beta from B&C or JSIi, but I'm sure I had one or both at one time, but now I seem to have lost the CDR's with them.

Was the JSII WTR beta found in one of the JSII extremist packs? I did use to have them, but sold them off, so maybe that's where my beta went...

Yes, the JSII beta is from the extremist pack. There are other betas that are known ;) , but are not available anywhere. But the extremist pack is probably the better of them. All the WTR betas I have are not as finished as the JSII beta. That stinks you sold them off. But maybe in the future there will be other betas available.

Edited by JaguarGod

• 4 weeks later...

A shout out… just purchased AutoSport Racing because I've been hankering for a decent racing sim (but not overly complicated or littered with obnoxious customizations) to play and my Mac's are the most current and powerful platforms I have for gaming at the moment. REALLY appreciate your enthusiasm for all things racing JaguarGod, the fact you're into the Jaguar AND into the Mac. Great combinations there and look forward to getting to know the game better. Tried playing it with a Logitech Dual Action gamepad, but it's obvious that this game deserves a nice steering setup. Long overdue that I had one anyway. Think I'm going to run out and see what Best Buy has in the way of one of those right now. :)

-edit-

What a bust. Best Buy and every_other_store in town does NOT sell steering wheels! Went to Gamestop, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Staples and Officemax. Didn't bother with Target or Radio Shack. Oh well, this looks rather nice:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-941-000045-G27-Racing-Wheel/dp/B001NT9TK4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396382138&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+g27

post-13896-0-89685300-1396382178_thumb.jpg

…and can be used with my PS2 as well. Not wild about it having a wall wart though, but looks like all the nicer wheels use 'em now-a-days. :(

• Like 2

A shout out… just purchased AutoSport Racing because I've been hankering for a decent racing sim (but not overly complicated or littered with obnoxious customizations) to play and my Mac's are the most current and powerful platforms I have for gaming at the moment. REALLY appreciate your enthusiasm for all things racing JaguarGod, the fact you're into the Jaguar AND into the Mac. Great combinations there and look forward to getting to know the game better. Tried playing it with a Logitech Dual Action gamepad, but it's obvious that this game deserves a nice steering setup. Long overdue that I had one anyway. Think I'm going to run out and see what Best Buy has in the way of one of those right now. :)

-edit-

What a bust. Best Buy and every_other_store in town does NOT sell steering wheels! Went to Gamestop, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Staples and Officemax. Didn't bother with Target or Radio Shack. Oh well, this looks rather nice:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-941-000045-G27-Racing-Wheel/dp/B001NT9TK4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396382138&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+g27

attachicon.giflogi.jpg

…and can be used with my PS2 as well. Not wild about it having a wall wart though, but looks like all the nicer wheels use 'em now-a-days. :(

Thank you for the kind words for sure. I just wish I had more time for the game. My "real" job has been unbelievably busy lately and being as though I've run it for the past 20 years and I have a Wife and 3 Children depending on me, I guess I have to make it a priority ;) But seriously though, I love making the game, but spare time has been so scarce that I have been away from it for a while. I have looked for help on the game for quite a while now.

It's surprising how few people are willing to join a very small indie dev team that makes NO money and creates racing games for a platform that most every game player thinks is a waste of time for gaming :D No matter what though, I love the Jaguar and I love the Mac platform. Couple this with my favorite past-time, racing and I'm in.

As far as wheels, the G27 is awesome and I have used the G25 and G27 for a long time. The Logitech Momo and DFGT are also good choices for OSX. Hey, they have FFB and that's is important in racing games.

Edited by JaguarGod

Ended up getting a G27 "new, but open box" deal for $199 shipped via eBay yesterday.

Spent some time with ASD and don't have a lot of complaints or criticism, besides the fact the rice burners are the first (default) selection of cars to choose from. Open wheel or bust baby! :lol:

Game plays real nice - if not a little slippery. Could be the fact I can't map the brake to a button on my gamepad, but I've got it so that pressing down on the 2nd analog stick pretty much does the same thing. The one thing I'd wish for is greater customization when mapping controls. As it sits now, doesn't detect or utilize gamepads properly. Keyboard, mouse and wheel are it. Even though I have a nice driving wheel on the way, not always going to want to break it out for a quick fix. Better gamepad support would be a real nice addition sometime down the road. :)

Tried hooking a PS2 Dual Shock to the Mac and got nowhere fast, despite having the appropriate adapter. Even tried installing USB Overdrive, which detected ALL of the Dual Shock's buttons, but still couldn't get ASD to recognize it.

Oh and bought a 3GC Steelseries USB Rumble PC controller for $20 from Best Buy yesterday that seems all but useless. Rumble did not work AND the analog sticks were way too sensitive. Tried the different profiles in the Input settings to no avail. Oh well, you get what you pay for - will be returning that piece of junk today. ;)

• 1 year later...

Wow you turn off the map overlay. Yeah that would be tricky for me.

Yeah, I've played the game so much that I know the tracks very well. All the sim racers I've played over the past 20 some years have taught me well! The first 12 twelve tracks in the game do somewhat resemble their 90's real-life counterparts which helps too. Of course the last 4 "fantasy" tracks are a bit different and take some getting used to.

But again, I am pretty obsessed with WTR and have played it so much over the years that it was probably a small part of why I'm now divorced too! Wait.... I'm kidding right? :-D