IGNORED

20 Years On: Your 5 Worst Atari Jaguar Games...

NeoGeoNinja

For me, there are some badly programmed Jag games and Jag games I hate because I don't like the genre. So my list has some that are just bad, and I don't like (some I do like that the majority hate;SC3D, FFL), and some I just don't like at all.

Double Dragon V (just bad in every way, I think by this thread it rates as the worst ever)

Zoop! (not my type of game at all)

Space Ace (loved Dragons lair and BD 13, but this one, on the Jag, sucks due to lack of proper timing)

Theme park (not my type of game at all)

Syndicate (not my type of game at all)

Edited by Gunstar

Between the horrible frame rate and choppy gameplay, Hoverstrike is nearly unplayable IMO and Ruiner is a huge letdown. Love pinball and want to like the game, but the overly colorful cartoonish play fields and fantasy gameplay aren't things I look for in a pinball game. Could forgive those two things if the game only played better.

Hoverstrike on CD is a totally different story, if you ever get a chance, give it a chance.

Hoverstrike on CD is a totally different story, if you ever get a chance, give it a chance.

I have it and I've heard that! lol

Will have to spend some more time playing the CD version though. From memory, I do remember it being a much smoother experience.

-edit-

Playing the game now. Absolutely love the soundtrack and yes, this version trounces all over the cartridge. :love:

• Like 1

Double Dragon V (just bad in every way, I think by this thread it rates as the worst ever)

Zoop! (not my type of game at all)

Space Ace (loved Dragons lair and BD 13, but this one, on the Jag, sucks due to lack of proper timing)

Theme park (not my type of game at all)

Syndicate (not my type of game at all)

Heh... this list really isnt at all dissimilar to mine tbh. I'll probably pick up Zoop at some point, just to be nosy. But, truth be told, I'm really just not into block puzzlers I'm afraid. At an absolute push, I'll entertain Baku Baku on the Saturn... because it's nuts! :-D

My list (worst being #1)

1. Supercross 3D
  2. Space Ace
  3. Troy Aikman Football
  4. Trevor McFur
  5. Brain Dead 13/Dragon's Lair

Most Disappointing:

• Checkered Flag (bought this full price in the 90s b/c it was Rebellion)
  • Blue Lighting (The easiest genre to get right and they blew it)
  • Fight For Life (Hyped b/c of Francois Bertrand's involvement)

Heh... this list really isnt at all dissimilar to mine tbh. I'll probably pick up Zoop at some point, just to be nosy. But, truth be told, I'm really just not into block puzzlers I'm afraid. At an absolute push, I'll entertain Baku Baku on the Saturn... because it's nuts! :-D

Unlike Flip Out, Baku Baku is genuinely fun!

My list would look pretty close to the rest in this thread. I think DDV is the worst Jag game. It is simply horrible. Some of the games listed are a bit of a surprise such as Iron Soldier or even Val d'Isere Skiing and Snowboarding, but everyone has their individual tastes. I see SuperCross 3D on here quite a bit, I actually play that game. It does take a long time to get used to the control though....... A long time....... Val d'Isere is a game I still play quite a bit. I love the speed and really enjoy it. It takes a long time to master, but it can be done. Not sure about Iron Soldier being on the top 5 worst list. That game is great in my opinion. IS2 is better in every way, but the original is a lot of fun to play. My Son loves the game.

I have found time to play several Jag games from my rack while in rehab (due to my lumbar disk surgery), and have added a title to my hate list:

Theme Park

While I also found Ruiner Pinball bland (as were Flip Out and Zoop), this one is just terrible: clumsy controls and nothing really happening...

So my Flop 5 would be - in no particular order:

Baldies

Theme Park

Double Dragon V

Club Drive (never tried two-player mode though)

Supercross 3D

I found both Bubsy and Evolution: Dino Dudes average, but they're nowhere among the worst titles I have played on the system.

• Like 1

Worst Jaguar games.

DDV, Dragons Lair, Space Ace, BD13, Checkered Flag, Highlander, Bubsy, and others

My list (worst being #1)

1. Supercross 3D
  2. Space Ace
  3. Troy Aikman Football
  4. Trevor McFur
  5. Brain Dead 13/Dragon's Lair

Most Disappointing:

• Checkered Flag (bought this full price in the 90s b/c it was Rebellion)
  • Blue Lighting (The easiest genre to get right and they blew it)
  • Fight For Life (Hyped b/c of Francois Bertrand's involvement)

No love for Don Bluth! I really like the Dragon's Lair type of games. My least favorite games are:

1)Kasumi Ninja

2)Club Drive

3)DDV

4)Dino Dudes

5)White Men Can't Jump

Edited by Warzard

No love for Don Bluth! I really like the Dragon's Lair type of games. My least favorite games are:

I don't think it's so much that people don't like those types of games, as much as it is they were botched conversions. Very difficult to play, I believe? Like the timing is completely off or something. I'm sure others here can clarify better than I can.

1)Kasumi Ninja

2)Club Drive

3)White Men Can't Jump

4)DDV

5)Dino Dudes

1)Kasumi Ninja

2)Club Drive

3)DDV

4)Dino Dudes

5)White Men Can't Jump

That's how it goes with these things, the games and the orders not only change day to day but minute to minute.

• Like 3

Another World, and a lof ot Reboot games, but the title is 'worst jaguar games ;) '

and supercross got all 'quality', no framerate, awful colors (Perhaps under LSD we can see something nice !), no controls, no gameplay, nothing for it !!! ;)

:)

But not Fight for Life... or Double Dragon V...?

Hmmm