IGNORED

Season 3 / Week 2 ~ The New HSC ~ Defender (Game 1)

Vocelli

My mind was numb at this point and I said screw it hahahaha. I'll take this, though, over 100K over my last score. I could easily roll this, had I the necessary level of insanity required to do so.

post-22322-0-38142000-1394934020_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I decided I should sit through the tediousness, and 180+ waves later.

Defender...Rollage

gallery_38581_1110_1694.pnggallery_38581_1110_1243.png

Some tips for those who haven't rolled it yet.

Always fire, the aliens can't hit your ship if it isn't there.

Fly left, the aliens tend to shoot to the left so you won't get shot at too much.

Juke Right when tailed, when the mutants, swarmers, or discs are tailing you if you change direction suddenly they can't follow you.

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 2

Rollage! I had this game as a kid but don't recall rolling it. Maybe I've actually gotten better at a few games in my old age :)

My tips:

1. Control your speed. I do much better when I'm not flying as fast as I can just shooting rapidly.

2. I also tend to fly to the left instead of right.

3. Carry around a humanoid for awhle after you've caught him in midair. It seems like saucers won't pick up other humans while you have one attached to your ship.

4. Juke back and forth to manuever around a close target

5. Don't forget about your smart bombs. I tend not to use them and had a ton left. I scored a ton of points after I rolled the score just by flying under the city and using my smart bombs.

post-274-0-19633100-1394952991_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I guess that makes me second youngest.

ya I was surprised when you mentioned that, I had thought gamerguy must be the youngest one here but that's what I get for assuming... I see you've been rockin' it at HighScore... including trashing a couple of my scores, watch out!

• Like 1

Defender Rollage! +1 Big Bonus [will post proof]

I was trying to figure out earlier in the week why so few scores landed between 500K-Rollage, and now I know: the level counter resets from 99 to 0, AND SO DOES THE DIFFICULTY! Once you roll back to level 0, all it is is time to Roll!

• Like 2

Hmmm, I have an issue with Wall Defender. I have a TV that I love because it plays PAL games without rolling. However, I just realized today that I can't see part of the top of the screen :_( Therefore, I don't know what score I achieved on Wall Defender. I made it past what I'll describe as 3 waves but finally enough enemies reached the outerpart of my 'grid' that it disappeared and my guy zigzagged off the bottom of the screen. Probably not enough points to roll it :lol: Hopefully I'll still get a point for playing and taking a picture (although this was after my game since it quickly goes into attract mode). A couple of questions...

- Why can't I move to the inner part of the grid? I can move down the short corridor to get to the next innermost layer but can't do anything there. What is the purpose?

- Is there anything to do but move around the outside of the box and shoot approaching enemies? I'm assuming so given the scores people are posting.

post-274-0-91755800-1395005439_thumb.jpg