IGNORED

What lynx game are you playing a lot of lately?

sirlynxalot

I played quite a bit of Hard Drivin' for the HSC.

Haha, so did I! Although I never beat the first score I uploaded ~50K, which was my first try for that contest!

I think the main issue with hard drivin's steering compared to other incarnations of the game is that the steering wheel doesn't autocenter fast enough, so you either tap the wheel and you potentially don't steer enough, or you turn the wheel too much and it doesn't auto center in time to prevent you for careening off the road.

I also like Xybots a lot, but a put of with the different upgrade mechanics. I will probably take the time one day and debug it, so it will behave like the arcade.
To be more precise, I am referring to the way your upgrades (shot power e.g.) will disappear like the wall detector. The last one is correct, but the others should stay. Also, you start of with those upgrades and way too much money.
Do other think the same about this?

@ lx.net, I usually spend next to nothing other than constantly buying as much "slow energy loss" as possible. because this is what has prevented me 3 or 4 times now from finishing it: I was out of money right before the end, where I am forced to upgrade like no good ;)

I am convinced this game is doable, it is not hard even to get til almost the end but I´ve just f.cked it up again :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently discovered a couple of small things I never noticed before about some lynx games I've played for years.

-You don't have to hold down UP to maintain your speed in Roadblasters
-You don't have to hold down DOWN to maintain your speed in Hydra
-You can move the bicycle guy in Cali Games backwards (to the left) by tapping LEFT if he is stopped (although this serves almost no useful purpose in the game)
-The surfer guy in Cali Games makes a splash noise when he falls into the water (never really noticed it before)

• 2 weeks later...