IGNORED

Minecraft?

Does anyone here play Minecraft? I was always interested in trying it out, but I see now you have to pay for the fully version. The demo seems fun, but it hardly scratches the surface.

Also, any pros or cons with the PC version versus the Xbox 360 one? Is one better then the other?

If you have younger kids in the house that want to play, the console version might a better option… ease of control with a controller, the worlds are finite. With the PS3 version, easy to set up free multiplayer.

With the PC version, yup… all of those mods. On the other hand, the world is infinite, and my youngest got easily lost and frustrated after building a fortress. Plus, if you want to use a controller, you will need to use third party utilities.

Our household has both...

Does anyone here play Minecraft? I was always interested in trying it out, but I see now you have to pay for the fully version. The demo seems fun, but it hardly scratches the surface.

Also, any pros or cons with the PC version versus the Xbox 360 one? Is one better then the other?

I play it. I find the PC version to be better. The game handles a LOT better with keyboard and mouse. Playing on the 360 it took everything I had just to jump into a house in a nearby village from my spawn point before night. :P

The quality of servers out there are extremely varied, and of course a lot of them will have plugins or mods installed to enhance the game. In the end it'll depend on what servers you find to play on if you do multiplayer. I don't know if the 360 version gets updated with the new stuff as well. PC version is likely to have the new stuff first regardless. So long as you have access to the minecraft wiki, it should be easy enough to figure out anything you might want to do.

So long as the demo worked on your comp, then the full version should do just fine. That's about the only upside the 360 version has - it's definitely going to run on a 360. PC version is like any PC game - not compatible with every single PC out there. ;)

Minecraft junkie here! I confess. I'm currently about 200 hours into my current seed. It's a giant sandbox with no point whatsoever other than to soak up your free time. I love it! Love it! Your imagination is the limit.

I play the 360 version because I suck at PC controls, but there is plenty of fun in either version.

I've not been this glued to a game since Skyrim and before that Might and Magic VI: Mandate of Heaven or Heroes of M&M III. Very different games, but very addictive and fun.

Minecraft is great because the game is you.