IGNORED

7800 cartridge repair

Dripfree

My 7800 gets most of it's use playing 2600 games because the only game I had for a long time was 7800 asteroids. I recently spent a whopping 99 cents on Pole Position II. It shows the atari logo and then black. I fully cleaned it and nothing. I carefully removed the labels opened it up, all the traces and solder joints look good. There is a resister installed on one pin of the rom and resistance matches the stripes. I hate tossing carts in the trash but I'm out of Ideas. Anyone got any more Ideas for me before I just accept I lost a buck and chuck it in the trash.

Edited by Dripfree

Spend 10 bucks and buy 5 more 7800 games like food fight, xevious, galaga, ms pac man and dig dug. I think I have at least 4 copies of pp2. Your not missing out on much the game is totally lame. Very little improvement over the 2600 pp1 gameplay wise.

If in doubt throw it out there is plenty of them out there. If not then scrub scrub scrub the cart contacts AND console contacts with rubbing alcohol and qtips and whatnot.

Please give 7800 games a shot especially the new homebrews they are grrrrreat!!

Alcohol and Q-tips aren't always enough. Often times I've had to use some warm water and a few drops of dish washing soap in a bowl with a Q-tip for cleaning. Make sure to use a clean Q-tip and plain water to get any soap remaining off of the cartridge contacts.

Also, Since you've had it open, another method would be to use an eraser on the cartridge contacts. Just make sure to use a cloth to wipe away the bits of eraser that are left behind.

Spend 10 bucks and buy 5 more 7800 games like food fight, xevious, galaga, ms pac man and dig dug. I think I have at least 4 copies of pp2. Your not missing out on much the game is totally lame. Very little improvement over the 2600 pp1 gameplay wise.

If in doubt throw it out there is plenty of them out there. If not then scrub scrub scrub the cart contacts AND console contacts with rubbing alcohol and qtips and whatnot.

Please give 7800 games a shot especially the new homebrews they are grrrrreat!!

Don't throw any cartridges away. They can be recycled through AtariAge so the cartridge shell itself can be re-used on other 7800 homebrew/hack titles offered through the store.

• Like 2