IGNORED

Atari 7800XM - 3.5 years later - Where is it?

Lendorien

I think you guys all need to chill, in regards to the XM. I am already partially regretting putting this much money into 7800 hardware development, without asking for stupid Kickstarter crap or pre-orders, he was smarter than that. Does anybody actually think that he is not going to deliver? What, the finished cases and silver decals (look into what that would cost you), they are all rendered? What if I had come up with the MCP devkit a few years ago, collected your money, then got sick, have my partner shit in my backyard and you'd still be waiting? Not to mention the public stoning Curt took from people who didn't even frigging order one in the first place? Sort of like the crap Yurkie pulled on opcode.

Give me a break, I wish I had the funds for custom enclosures for my devcart interface. To give you an idea, the case for the prototype encased version, that Rev posted a picture of, it costs $7.00 and requires Dremel work and drilling. Is that worth it to the customer at that price? Not in my opinion.

I have not offered my opinion on this before, this will be the only time I do.

EDIT: I'd love to buy one, from someone who has a slot.

I paid $150 for a modded neo geo joystick for the 5200 (very good BTW) so certainly I would be willing to pay nice $$$ for something cool like you are making, it's a unique item and very useful,worth it to pay a larger price IMHO. Curt will come through on XM and it will be one of the best items I have purchased for my collection.

I paid $150 for a modded neo geo joystick for the 5200 (very good BTW) so certainly I would be willing to pay nice $$$ for something cool like you are making, it's a unique item and very useful,worth it to pay a larger price IMHO. Curt will come through on XM and it will be one of the best items I have purchased for my collection.

You have one too? :)

1st - I don't answer forum requests for info, my website is at the bottom of every post, you can go there anytime and send me an email or send me a pm.

2nd - I was hoping to keep things under the radar and just ship these out on the 7800 anniversary and then people could post their XMs arriving but since the natives are restless there you go, cats out of the bag.

Sorry about all the cry babies Curt!

Curt Vendel, on 10 Mar 2014 - 1:20 PM, said:snapback.png

1st - I don't answer forum requests for info, my website is at the bottom of every post, you can go there anytime and send me an email or send me a pm.

2nd - I was hoping to keep things under the radar and just ship these out on the 7800 anniversary and then people could post their XMs arriving but since the natives are restless there you go, cats out of the bag.

Sorry about all the cry babies Curt!

Curt was being polite but a bit grumpy there. Nothing to defend the guy for and certainly no reason to label anyone a crybaby.

• Like 5

Curt was being polite but a bit grumpy there. Nothing to defend the guy for and certainly no reason to label anyone a crybaby.

He's on a mission it seems :) Polite question <> cry baby. Also, I hope it is not true that Curt is again experiencing health problems.

Will this be the only batch that ever gets released? I'd love to have one but didn't have the funds at the time. It's amazing that the first batch gets released with all the pitfalls that have been thrown in Curt's way. I thought I had bad luck... :ponder:

• Like 1

If you read one the the half dozen xm info threads. You will find after the xms ship that Curt said he will make as many as required to fill the market. So buy from Curt at his price not ebay 2-5 times the cost.. which I am sure some low life will most definitely do.. there always is a losers like that. So do not worry!!! That was what he made clear at least a half dozen times. Oh they are 149.00. I paid about 89.99 along with lots of others from day one to back this dream which is from what we can see a reality. I am sure the price increase probably has to do with the realization of the extra costs manufacturing these awesome units.

Edited by Jinks

Wow. I'd really like one of these, but every conversation on the topic becomes an argument of "This is taking too long" vs. "There's no such thing as too long, stop whining about this." and it's completely counterproductive on both sides.

4 years is a long time to wait for something. There's nothing unreasonable or unfair about being disappointed that something is taking that long to come to fruition, especially when monies have already been collected. It's also less encouraging that the person running the project won't talk about the current status of the project on the board any long, but still actively posts about other subjects on the board on a regular basis (once a week or so).

Corby, even if some of the posts in this thread are worded in a bit of an infantile manner, or not to your liking, the basic questions being asked here are not unreasonable.

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

It is June but Curt did have more health issues a few months back so don't be surprised if it isn't released in time for the 30th anniversary. You can't fault the man for that!

Edited by Lynxpro

Honestly, I hope after this project, Curt decides to take time away, and focus on his health and family. We tend to forget sometimes, that hobbies and things are passing fads, and the time we get here is limited. I spent a wonderful day today with my mother and father, my girlfriend, my brother and his family (wife & two kids). It was my mother's 57th b-day, and no material goods mattered. We shared dinner, conversation, and video games with my young niece and nephew. I'd trade every material possession in my life for days like these to never end. Try to keep things in perspective, and please, find someone you care about, and give them a hug because you may never get another chance.

• Like 8

For sure Steve! I hope everyones well. But when times up its up. You only have one life to live and video games are not going to visit me on a sunday in the home when I am crappin my pants at 93.

I hope the xm turns out and Curt gets some rest as he hears about how awesome the xms are from all the buyers..

• Like 1

Not for nothing, and I get the whole, "Let's put things in perspective" jazz, but there are quite a few people who have invested a lot of their hard earned money into this project... and eventually he's going to have to deliver the goods. When other people's money is concerned, it's more than just a side hobby or passing fad.

• Like 3