IGNORED

Skunkboard production batch. Declare list.

willyvmm

Have loaded up the 2 demos. I take it from this that there is a driver already installed in the board? I didn't realise the board had to be plugged into the Jag in order to flash roms. No way will my PC reach my Jag! Looks like I'll dig out my extra long USB extension lead! I've downloaded Skunkgui program as I think I'll cope better with that than command prompts. Since I own all the Jag games anyway (save for BSG) I'll just be loading up demos and the like. I'll try this soon, I hope I can actually get it to work!!

Skunkboard production batch.
Declare list.
Hi.
As I promissed on SillyVenture 2013, I will manufacture a batch of SkunkBoards.
To start the batch, I need minimum 100 declarations of buy. (25 at This Moment)
Price will be €65 (ca. $91 atm) + shipping, if you declare buy until deadline: 23.03.2014.
And €75, if you will not declare and it will be something taht was not sold.
The price is including VAT, and all taxes in EU.
If You live outside EU, Import duties may apply or something.
The license will be Donationware: Do you like it? - Donate to the designers.
This announce will be published on more places, so remember to put yourself only in one of them.
Thanks.

hi i am interesting for 2 do u have any?? can isend pm thanks

• Like 1

my Skunk arrived this morning, cheers Willy, green screen on boot and both demos working perfect, excellent stuff...

i've not had chance to play with it with my PC yet though because i'm having trouble installing the driver, i'm using Vista Business 64bit with SP2 and all current updates, and the computer keeps telling me "the system cannot find the path specified"... i know this isn't the fault of the skunk itself but it's driving me mad, i'm using an admin account on the PC, i've tried disabling my firewall and anti-virus... i just wanna play with my new toy and windows isn't letting me!

if anyone has any quick and simple solutions, i'd be most grateful...

bobbi

UPDATE: (cos i can't edit my previous post)

just thought i'd stress that the issues i'm having with drivers are NOTHING to do with the skunkboard, that's working perfectly... i even installed the drivers & software on a different computer and have been playing copies of the games that i own on original cartridge, so i'm super giddy and pleased with the board, my issues are def with the Vista admin permissions... that said i'd still welcome advice, google searches are getting me nowhere and giving me headaches...

If you have an older computer sitting around doing nothing, you might try installing something like Ubuntu on it and using it as your dev system. JCP works fine in linux,even the very latest version. Really old Jaguar tools work with DOSBOX, and newer Windows tools can be run with WINE.

I apologize if this has been suggested; however, I'm at work and don't have time to dig through the thread. Just to make sure, (let's address the elephant in the room) you are disabling "driver signature enforcement" correct? That's a must on a 64 bit system. I haven't touched a Vista machine in a while; however, have a look at this link and see if it can help you out. This was the first thing that came up for me on a impromptu Google search. I had my Skunk programming (as a first-time user) in about 10 minutes (that includes disabling signature enforcement time) on a Windows 8.1 Update 1 Professional Embedded Machine. Not even a single hiccup. It should work, but Vista really is the lackluster choice.

http://www.overclock.net/t/187919/how-to-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-in-vista

*** Also, read the guide and make sure you have related dependencies installed.

Edited by largefather
  • Like 1

cheers for the suggestions chaps, i've got that link open in another window so i can have a proper read after breakfast... :thumbsup:

the only reason i would like to use the vista based laptop is so i can take the laptop to the jaguar, rather than taking the jaguar to the laptop (or to the other computers that i have in the house)... it's purely me being lazy... the other laptop i mentioned in my update runs windows 7, has a smashed lcd screen and is plugged into a rather large crt, so isn't ideal for moving from room to room, but it did connect to the skunk flawlessly, so it's not like i can't use it... :)

bobbi

you are disabling "driver signature enforcement" correct? That's a must on a 64 bit system.

The 64-bit LibUSB drivers in the distribution on my site are signed. I run them on a 64-bit Win7 system without disabling any signing requirements.

• Like 2