IGNORED

Nintendo controller with turbo?

I've read thru some threads concerning everyone's favorite controllers for the Nintendo. I'm curious about controllers that have the "turbo" fire option.

I'm playing Gunsmoke and I'm determined to find all these hidden posters which requires mad non stop shooting of every inch of the screen! My thumbs are wearing out!

I was tempted to get the NES max but it doesn't seem to get a lot of love from some of the reviews I have seen due to the "D-pad" on it.

What NES Turbo capable controller would you recommend for games requiring rapid fire?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, well I actually like the NES Max because of the grips. You don't have to use the disc as the ring itself is also a d-pad input. It is a little small though, was much easier to use when I was a kid.

The Advantage allows you to toggle the rate of presses on the turbo buttons and the joystick is a bit easier to use than the Max's disc input.

I currently use the nintendo four score, which lets me relocate my controller ports to a better spot, and use turbo with any nes controllers.

'back in the day' I used a quickshot pad with red oval buttons located above eachoter (for whatever reason). It really sucked, and I strongly advise avoiding that unit.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

My only experiences were with the Quicksh*t (it's sh*t), TurboTouch 360 (good but dpad is funkier than Max), and a joystick that included turbo fire.

My suggestion is to either get a stick with turbo (like the Advantage) or go the fourscore route as mentioned above.

Edited by Rex Dart

Holy farts! I've only seen the four score about a million times on eBay and at local game stores. I never looked closely at it as I just figured it was for expanding from 2 players to 4 players. I never noticed it had the option for turbo! :-o

I must acquire one of these devices!

Thanks a bunch!

• Like 1

My go to nes controller is the beeshu zipper. It's basically a famicom style pad for the nes and it has 3 different turbo speed

How does the beeshu compare to the standard controller? Is it basically the same other than the 3 different turbo speeds as far as control? Same accuracy etc?

Hmm, well I actually like the NES Max because of the grips. You don't have to use the disc as the ring itself is also a d-pad input. It is a little small though, was much easier to use when I was a kid.

The Advantage allows you to toggle the rate of presses on the turbo buttons and the joystick is a bit easier to use than the Max's disc input.

:-o Blown away that I never realized this.