IGNORED

Strips, Reference Cards, Manuals, Labels and more! (HQ)

Omega-TI

I've refurbished some documents from existing PDF's.

Here, I have a more handy version of these two documents:

· Texas Instruments PHM3058 Mini Memory Module

· Texas Instruments PHM3058 Mini Memory Line-by-Line Assembler

From each document, I create two versions: Clear and Exact.

Exact: the scans in the PDF are stored in bitmap format.

Needs more space, sometimes you can see the pixels, but they’re exactly equal to the Original.

Clear: the scans in the PDF are stored in vector format.

Often looks much nicer, but sometimes there occur errors.

If someone does happen to have better quality scans, 300dpi 24-bit color or 600dpi 1-bit black and white, I'd be happy to make even better PDF's.

Texas Instruments PHM3058 Mini Memory Line-by-Line Assembler Clear.pdf

Texas Instruments PHM3058 Mini Memory Line-by-Line Assembler Exact.pdf

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One other thing I just remembered - we had a local ti center here in Phoenix..my console quit working and I tested and it was the fuse on the pig tail for the power supply. I took the system to the center thinking they'd just replace the pigtail. I received a new computer.

• Like 1

A lot of people did that to get a free speech synthesizer back in the day--I was one of them. . .cut six manual numbers out and send them in with the form and a few weeks later a shiny new speech synthesizer showed up at your door.

Me and my Dad did that!

• Like 4

I've been doing some manual conversions and thought I'd upload one of them here and get a little feedback on the quality and useability of it.

It took quite a bit of massaging to get the TI-Writer document to a searchable PDF and I'd like to do more but would like to hear feedback regarding the print. I don't want to do a lot and have to change my process (cuz it's tedious). But if everyone is cool with the output, then I'll work on more.

Here's my first example:

Peripheral Expansion System: Theory of Operation and Technical Training Manual

Cheers!

-Dano

"Long Live the TI-99/4A!"

PS: Why do this? Cuz I hate crappy scans!

Peripheral Expansion System - Theory of Operation.pdf

• Like 4

Nice work! Crystal clear and easy to read. Fantastic work.

I scanned though a few pages and found a minor typo in section 3.2 "tp" instead of "to".

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to admit that I did zero correction to typo's on the original documents.

I guess maybe I should back up a little and add that, these are original TI-Writer formated documents that I've run across and wanted to "re-print" them with modern printers. As easy as this may sound, it's not.

So, the point is, these were not reproduced by me (as in typing them in by hand). These are direct print from TI-Writer to PDF (minus the 50 steps in between).

Does that make any sense??

The goal, for me, was to have; 1) extremely legable print, 2) searchable, 3) printable, and 4) ability to cut & paste if one so desired.

If I had more time, I'd correct typo's but, holy crap, my head hurts just thinking about that... (but the perfectionist in me desires it!)

-D

Here's my first example:

PS: Why do this? Cuz I hate crappy scans!

Damn! I just downloaded it, and looked at it on full magnify, and those are the crispest characters I've seen. This sure looks better than ANY dot matrix of the day would have done, and a hell of a lot better than a scanned image would have been. Excellent!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P.S. That sure is no crappy scan!