IGNORED

Ebay Rant - Don't ship Tutankham and Super Cobra to Brazil

BBWW

I have had good luck with my international sales on eBay, within some parameters:

I only offer to ship to Canada, UK, Australia, Germany and Japan. Beyond that I take requests but usually decline on anything of real value (over$25 bucks for me). I have also had good luck buying and selling via China, HK and South Korea, but only do it on a case-by-case basis after reviewing the feedback and seeing that the person can communicate with me. It was stressful when I sold my "holy grail" vaccum tube as I opened it up to worldwide, knowing there were heavy hitter collectors in China, Japan and Europe. So , off my $1,500 item went to Hong Kong; I never got a delivery confirmation or feedback, so I waited on pins and needles until the transaction was past the feedback window.

I may have to reconsider the Global Ship Program if the reciept in KY would help confirm the shipment. I stopped using it because of horror stories about them repackaging items stateside to and having them get to the buyer damaged.

I have had good luck with my international sales on eBay, within some parameters:

I only offer to ship to Canada, UK, Australia, Germany and Japan. Beyond that I take requests but usually decline on anything of real value (over$25 bucks for me). I have also had good luck buying and selling via China, HK and South Korea, but only do it on a case-by-case basis after reviewing the feedback and seeing that the person can communicate with me. It was stressful when I sold my "holy grail" vaccum tube as I opened it up to worldwide, knowing there were heavy hitter collectors in China, Japan and Europe. So , off my $1,500 item went to Hong Kong; I never got a delivery confirmation or feedback, so I waited on pins and needles until the transaction was past the feedback window.

I may have to reconsider the Global Ship Program if the reciept in KY would help confirm the shipment. I stopped using it because of horror stories about them repackaging items stateside to and having them get to the buyer damaged.

How long is feed back window?

Intellfan, on 02 Apr 2014 - 2:27 PM, said:

45 days to file a dispute, 60 days to leave positive/negative feedback. ;)

and @ atarilovesyou

You most certainly can track with usps from usa to Canada, in fact all package services from usa to Canada now have free included tracking if you print your label online.

You can do first class postage up to 4 pounds with free tracking and priority or express for heavier items also both with free tracking.

I have used both and both were very quick and showed tracking every step of the way in both countries.

• Like 2

and @ atarilovesyou

You most certainly can track with usps from usa to Canada, in fact all package services from usa to Canada now have free included tracking if you print your label online.

You can do first class postage up to 4 pounds with free tracking and priority or express for heavier items also both with free tracking.

I have used both and both were very quick and showed tracking every step of the way in both countries.

Even better; I'm a huge fan of 1st Class USPS, and I always get a reasonable shipping quote from them (in comparison to some of the 'what, are you smoking crack?' quotes I get) :D

Unfriggin'believable. Thanks for this link! It says it all. From now on, I'm just not going to buy anything that's going to be shipped via GSP.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Super Cobra Found for sale on French Ebay. Box marking the same and no instruction manual. With great difficultly I notified EBay.

After an hour on phone they "discovered" the items were delivered on April 7th. That is the good news.

The bad news is Ebay WILL NOT REFUND my money. They say will will notify the buyer and ask him to pay, but have no obligation to me the "seller" because tracking was "DARK" for two weeks or more.

The seller did not notify me. He did get photos of one game to France to sell there however.

FYI - US customs numbers can be tracked in Brazil using a site called 17Track.net. Which links to www.correios.com.b. and finds you shipped items.

Item listed here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Cobra-Mattel-Intellivision-Parker-Rare-Boxed-/161275442411?pt=FR_Jeux_Vidéo&hash=item258cc3f4eb

UPDATE!

Super Cobra Found for sale on French Ebay. Box marking the same and no instruction manual. With great difficultly I notified EBay.

After an hour on phone they "discovered" the items were delivered on April 7th. That is the good news.

The bad news is Ebay WILL NOT REFUND my money. They say will will notify the buyer and ask him to pay, but have no obligation to me the "seller" because tracking was "DARK" for two weeks or more.

The seller did not notify me. He did get photos of one game to France to sell there however.

FYI - US customs numbers can be tracked in Brazil using a site called 17Track.net. Which links to www.correios.com.b. and finds you shipped items.

Item listed here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Cobra-Mattel-Intellivision-Parker-Rare-Boxed-/161275442411?pt=FR_Jeux_Vidéo&hash=item258cc3f4eb

That is so wrong. I cant believe you cant get your money. Is that the same box or look like the same bends in box?

That is so wrong. I cant believe you cant get your money. Is that the same box or look like the same bends in box?

It really looks like the same box. The folds in the insert and the damage to the box line up. It would however be the insert out of the Tutankham box. I could be wrong…but with the look, the date it showed up on auction and the date it arrived in Brazil all seem to align. The "Buyer" opened the dispute, not with leading that the game hasn't arrived yet but with "I have already bought the items elsewhere while waiting for these."

Its not the same box. I compared them. The fold lines in the upper right come off at a different angle.

Here are the two side by side and I overlayed them in the second pic onto the exact face of the left box.

Yeah you may be right with the upper right. The fact still remains that the items were received by the buyer and I'm out both the games and the money. I have contacted PayPal as well. Seems pretty clear that seller protection is less than buyer protection.

Yeah, I've been taken a few times on ebay. It's a really bad system.

In fact it's a terrible system 12% to ebay on sales or more on sales

0 zero 0 protection to sellers. 0

Zero...

z..e...r..o

Any buyer can rip you off everytime if they so choose and you cannot even complain or give a negative feedback. Even if tracking says they got it... got what?. They only have to say it was not as described and send back an empty box or not at all. People are on there with %100 feedback who have ripped off multiple people.

It's terrible except when compared to every other system. I am following your plight because it has happened to me and it sucks.

Well tend to be very pro-active and take the time it takes to not get messed with. It's in my make up. I guess, being over-bullied as a kid I learned how to be patient and end up the winner. :-)

I'm in easy driving distance of Ebay and PayPal. I have no problem at least making them appear in Small Claims court to ruin an executives day…

I did this with Guitar Center last year. So I'll keep everybody informed. The stakes were much higher with Guitar Center but the caved. The reality of this is that there is a class action built in here. It has happened to so many people. Ebay and Paypal enable fraud….but I digress as well.

Thanks for the support.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I cant stand Ebay Global shipping. As a Canadian the shipping & import duties have gone through the roof, I try to buy from sellers that use USPS but there are fewer & fewer. I have had an item damaged by Ebay Global shipping but thankfully the seller to a hit and replaced the broken item for me. I recently wanted to buy a Atari 5200 with the trackball, the price was $300 but the shipping was $88 and the import duty was $44. Just ridiculous. I have bought item from the USA for almost $400 and have paid not duties but with EBay Shipping you always get dinged.

Is there a way we can stop this because I think I will be buying less & less.

I don't even understand what Ebay's Global Shipping is supposed to accomplish, beyond fucking over Canadians. We're right next door and our postal systems work very well together. I've mailed dozens of parcels to the USA over the years (and received several times as many) and it doesn't cost a tenth of what Ebay claims it does.

I wish I still lived within driving distance of a US postbox, because I'd be using that exclusively if I could. Drive down once a month, and give buyers a break on the shipping because they'll have to wait a bit more to get their items. Probably cost me less in gas than the $100 shipping/customs charge for a couple of cartridges I saw once.

Starting November 18th the dispute window for eBay/PayPal goes from 45 to 180 days. People will have up to 6 months to file a dispute....that should be a lot of fun for sellers.

I cant stand Ebay Global shipping. As a Canadian the shipping & import duties have gone through the roof, I try to buy from sellers that use USPS but there are fewer & fewer.

Is there a way we can stop this because I think I will be buying less & less.

I don't even understand what Ebay's Global Shipping is supposed to accomplish, beyond fucking over Canadians. We're right next door and our postal systems work very well together. I've mailed dozens of parcels to the USA over the years (and received several times as many) and it doesn't cost a tenth of what Ebay claims it does.

I am not sure if other sellers have received this message from ebay but I've gotten this twice in the last week:

A couple days ago we sent an email letting you know that you have a number of listings that are a great fit for the Global Shipping Program. However these listings are not currently enabled for international sales. Which means you're missing out on millions of potential buyers. This is just a reminder that in October, we will automatically enable all of yourGSP-eligible listings. This will help make it easier for buyers in up to 64 countries to purchase your items.

International sale, US shipping

With the Global Shipping Program, you simply ship to a US shipping center where international shipping and customs clearance are handled for you. No action is needed to take advantage of this global selling opportunity; simply leave your settings as they are now. Eligible items are identified automatically, free of charge. However if you would like your GSP-eligible items to be excluded from the Program simply click here by October 3, 2014.

So basically if I do nothing, my auctions will automatically show up as being eligible for global shipping. To exclude them I have to indicate it. Ridiculous!

I don't mind shipping items internationally (esp. to Canada) but I do it on my own (even though I still get ripped off on the 10% shipping fee).

It is also supposed to f**k over the sellers too. Lastly, it is supposed to destroy irreplaceable items because their packing service does a poor job of re-packing (the seller's packing is undone at the GSP service center and redone with less padding and cheaper boxes).

GSP also has to eat loss if the package arrived damaged. Seller are not dinged for chargeback. I had someone who bought a vintage guitar for over $400, it was shipped to Australia. The seller showed picture it was extremely well packed, you could probably place an egg in there and run it through cement mixer for days and still not crack the egg. The guitar arrived crushed because of really poor packing. Seems GSP repacked them into smaller box to save on shipping cost.

I sent a few older games that were MIB to someone in France. It was packed well. The person in France got the games and instruction but no box. He got the full refund and gets to keep the games and I didn't need to do anything. Lucky because eBay usually won't consider box condition when someone files a dispute.

I'll add another rant: as a Canadian I will never buy anything that goes thru Ebay's Global Shipping program. They take well packed items from the seller, open the package, and repack it with as little packing material as possible. Then they ship to Canada (or wherever.) I've had packages well wrapped in bubble wrap in a large box that were repacked in "official" Ebay GSP boxes, with no packing materials.The GSP's customs and duties also is inaccurrate. Took the chance 3 times, 3 times burned. Never again.

I've never had an item repackaged by eBay. They put a new shipping label on, but that's it. The shipper's original label is always underneath.

I tend to avoid buying items through this program though, due to the crazy import changes. If the seller were to ship directly with USPS, you'd never be hit with such a high charge at the door.

What happened with GC?

All I know is it was screwed knowing he signed for the games and received the games and I got nothing and lost the games. Never again!

As to guitar center, I had a guitar stolen. It was taken home for a weekend try out and never retuned. The police said if I handed it to him it was not stolen….blah blah blah…it's a civil matter. We'll I had the build sheet from the factory and the receipt and photos with serial number. It ended up on the stolen guitar data base…Guitar Center wouldn't return it. With all the info. I offered them 1/2 the price they were asking for it. It was an expensive guitar with very poor and old strings on it. They had lowered the price. They paid $3200 for it and were selling it for that. I said I have more time than money so I'll see them all in small claims court, notified all the managers and executives they would be served. They suddenly (after realizing I was an asshole who was not going away) sold it back to me for $900. I then sold it for $7500 with the right strings. It was made out of a very rare wood, called Quilted Mahogany from "The Tree".

All I know is it was screwed knowing he signed for the games and received the games and I got nothing and lost the games. Never again!

As to guitar center, I had a guitar stolen. It was taken home for a weekend try out and never retuned. The police said if I handed it to him it was not stolen….blah blah blah…it's a civil matter. We'll I had the build sheet from the factory and the receipt and photos with serial number. It ended up on the stolen guitar data base…Guitar Center wouldn't return it. With all the info. I offered them 1/2 the price they were asking for it. It was an expensive guitar with very poor and old strings on it. They had lowered the price. They paid $3200 for it and were selling it for that. I said I have more time than money so I'll see them all in small claims court, notified all the managers and executives they would be served. They suddenly (after realizing I was an asshole who was not going away) sold it back to me for $900. I then sold it for $7500 with the right strings. It was made out of a very rare wood, called Quilted Mahogany from "The Tree". You have any pics of the guitar? "The tree" produced some beautiful mahogany.