IGNORED

Heretic

swapd0

I hope this port surfaces one day...

It's scheduled for release just after Road Rash.

I have no idea what the hold up is. They have a working engine (Doom) plus source code (take into account I don't have the source code for any of my ports, and had to build my back end engine myself).

All the assets (graphics and sound and levels) are already made. It's not like any design effort has to go into this. They've just got to shove all the pre-made assets into the pre-made engine. It's cake. Probably a weekend and a few on/off ramps away for anyone serious about doing it.

• Like 7

It's scheduled for release just after Road Rash.

I have no idea what the hold up is. They have a working engine (Doom) plus source code (take into account I don't have the source code for any of my ports, and had to build my back end engine myself).

All the assets (graphics and sound and levels) are already made. It's not like any design effort has to go into this. They've just got to shove all the pre-made assets into the pre-made engine. It's cake. Probably a weekend and a few on/off ramps away for anyone serious about doing it.

He might be shy with his Jag games and his alleged (fixed DOOM) anyway last time I've seen his post before it got removed! he was raging on about everyone wants a game but no one wants to help :roll: which isn't true because I've offered to get him a batch of Cart shells for this alleged Heretic game!

He might be shy with his Jag games and his alleged (fixed DOOM) anyway last time I've seen his post before it got removed! he was raging on about everyone wants a game but no one wants to help :roll: which isn't true because I've offered to get him a batch of Cart shells for this alleged Heretic game!

Well I helped him in the past and saw what that got me. And so did others. So I guess he's reaping what he sowed (or drank)

• Like 1

I skimmed through here but didn't see any of my ramblings, I just wanted to say as I'd stated before, some more classic FPS on the Jaguar would be great, whether it's this port of Heretic or not.

EDIT: Oh hey, I found my ramblings! http://atariage.com/forums/topic/256319-worst-jaguar-cartridge-title/?p=3583171

Edited by ChaosCX

After their antics on AA I don't think their "work" deserves to be posted here, they made their intentions clear when they fabricated that ridiculous drama around their infiltrated computer and mysterious Jaguhacker editing their code and pinching their binaries

I apparently only caught the very beginning of all this drama, then went dark for a bit on the forums as I tend to do often. I commented on a Storm Works topic later not having the knowledge of the "hack" accusations and a few folks on the subforum really tripped out. To be honest I don't even remember everything some nice folks filled me in on via PM other than it all seemed a bit crazy and I somehow managed to get drug into some of the aftermath drama months later. After several dramatic comments and civil PMs later, I learned folks around here don't like them for some shady acts. All I needed to know. Miss some time on the forums, miss a lot apparently!

Heretic would be awesome to see. Agree with Austin the maps are huge. Would likely be cut down more than DOOM was.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So ... almost 2 years later and no update ... project is officially dead?

Considering it needs an emulator running at 200%+ to run and only fits a small bit of one piece of music into a cart... and the videos of it have been posted by a notorious liar, and the people 'involved' are all banned from AA - yes, most likely dead ;)

• Like 6

Considering it needs an emulator running at 200%+ to run and only fits a small bit of one piece of music into a cart... and the videos of it have been posted by a notorious liar, and the people 'involved' are all banned from AA - yes, most likely dead ;)

Jesus...sounds like a sad song :/

Hmm, I wasn't too active here during the days when those people were first banned, but I wonder if that notorious liar is the same "gentleman" who told me on another forum that he has a working copy of Heretic. When he's not bashing this forum and its users, or hawking burned JagCD games online, he finds the time to put together awful Youtube videos comparing obscure Jag homebrews to full arcade releases, and such. Anyway, when I asked him about proof of Heretic running on real hardware, he promptly lumped me in with the rest of the AtariAgers, tossed out a few insults, and stopped talking to me. My loss, I guess. :roll:

• Like 6

Hmm, I wasn't too active here during the days when those people were first banned, but I wonder if that notorious liar is the same "gentleman" who told me on another forum that he has a working copy of Heretic. When he's not bashing this forum and its users, or hawking burned JagCD games online, he finds the time to put together awful Youtube videos comparing obscure Jag homebrews to full arcade releases, and such. Anyway, when I asked him about proof of Heretic running on real hardware, he promptly lumped me in with the rest of the AtariAgers, tossed out a few insults, and stopped talking to me. My loss, I guess. :roll:

Yup, that sounds like rush6432 :rolling: He want's to brag about his port of Heretic, than he wants to curse at you when you asked anything about the game. :ponder: As far as I'm concerned rush6432 can keep his port of Heretic all to himself :!:

• Like 2

I wish I could "Like" this post more than once.

Yup, that sounds like rush6432 :rolling: He want's to brag about his port of Heretic, than he wants to curse at you when you asked anything about the game. :ponder: As far as I'm concerned rush6432 can keep his port of Heretic all to himself :!:

I'm not going to post names, but I am pretty sure he was referring to someone else.

• Like 5

I played this game on my old Mac recently. Wasn't overly impressed. I don't think it's any great loss that it's not coming to the Jaguar.

Know what you mean ... but honestly: I would prefer much more to play Heretic on the Jag than Supercross 3D or BlackOut.

But yeah ... if I really want to play it, I just start DosBox.

Mad Bodies isn't that bad, I rather enjoy that game! Ad for Heretic I have played it before and it's pretty fun, but as someone mentioned it's not too much of a oss not having it on the Jaguar. But the more games we can have on the Jaguar the better so if it ever gets released I'd love to get a CIB of that!

I played this game on my old Mac recently. Wasn't overly impressed. I don't think it's any great loss that it's not coming to the Jaguar.

Heretic was an awesome game for it's time. It wasn't any kind of breakthrough or anything... just a basic Doom clone with a slightly different plot... but it was fun. Would be nice on a Jaguar, but total pile of shit if you compare it to today's games.