IGNORED

Heretic

swapd0

You act like we all have computers or something. I'm still surf with my Dreamcast at 56k. :grin:

I got lucky and found a BBA right as I had the spare cash for it. It cost more than EVERYTHING ELSE I'd bought that was DC related... the DC, a VGA adapter box, a SEGA DC keyboard and mouse, two regular controllers with VMUs and one vibration pack, EIGHT six-button controllers, four more VMUs, and four vibration packs. If you're wondering, I bought the DC, VGA box, mouse and keyoard, and two controllers with VMUs and one vibration pack when I made my port of Doom for the DC (has vibration and networking support!). I got the eight six-button controllers later because I need four for testing of a program I'm (slowly) working on for the DC, and a lot (on ebay) of eight six-button controllers was actually cheaper than four individual six-button controllers. I also got the four extra VMUs and vibration packs to use in the four six-button controllers in the game.

Anywho, I'd love to see a DC to Jaguar controller adapter... got plenty of controllers to test with. :D

• 1 year later...

My understanding is that this game will not be released to the general Jaguar community. You have to be a member in good standing with some forum (forget which) and that it will be or already has been released to that small circle of suck-ups.

My understanding is that this game will not be released to the general Jaguar community. You have to be a member in good standing with some forum (forget which) and that it will be or already has been released to that small circle of suck-ups.

In other words, you have to be a heretic if you want to play Heretic on the Jaguar. :lol:

• Like 3

In other words, you have to be a heretic if you want to play Heretic on the Jaguar. :lol:

Hahaha well played! But this is a prime example of why I would like to become a Jaguar publisher, despite the fact that I have little to no experience with the Jaguar community... Because I don't think it's fair that people shouldn't get these awesome titles like Elansar or Battlesphere... It should be a case of whoever wants it can have it, and will have it made for them... For me, as long as I am not losing money, I am happy to invest in making quality Jaguar games for people!

Elansar is still available, at least yoy can pay like $10-15 for permission to download the disc image and artwork to make your own official unofficial copy. Thats what I did with it and the sequal when I missed out on the published versions. I also bought the published version of Alice's Mom's Rescue from Orion at the same time...at least I got that official release. Battlesphere is...well never mind...that's just a pitiful situation there...

I'm totally cool being a suck-up to whoever I need to be to get Heretic on the Jaguar. I have no pride on the Jaguar forum. If I need to send a daily e-mail of praise to the developer, I'd be happy to write a script for that. Just let me know...

I would love heretic on the jag too...just like i would love gorf 2000 and more copies of battlesphere so we can all have them for reasonable prices. But i refuse to sell my soul to any of those F***s to get any of those games. I like it with none of them around any more, more than the alternative.

CyranoJ and reboot and Mathias and Dr.Typo and Orion and others have done far more with their releases and ports to make up 10 times over for the loss of those other games. I love Full 3D polygon games and Doom clones more, but not from the likes of those others if I have to put up with their BS, egoes and worshipping them at their feet to get those games.

I use to hold my "death tounge" and try to appease those scum in order to ensure my copy of their vaporware, but I am older and wiser now and am done with them. If they can make Doom clones and fast polygon games, so can others. We just need cool developers to step up. Matthias did some doom hacks once upon a time...maybe we can convince him and others to give it another try...

Edited by Gunstar

I would love heretic on the jag too...just like i would love gorf 2000 and more copies of battlesphere so we can all have them for reasonable prices. But i refuse to sell my soul to any of those F***s to get any of those games. I like it with none of them around any more, more than the alternative.

CyranoJ and reboot and Mathias and Dr.Typo and Orion and others have done far more with their releases and ports to make up 10 times over for the loss of those other games. I love Full 3D polygon games and Doom clones more, but not from the likes of those others if I have to put up with their BS, egoes and worshipping them at their feet to get those games.

I use to hold my "death tounge" and try to appease those scum in order to ensure my copy of their vaporware, but I am older and wiser now and am done with them. If they can make Doom clones and fast polygon games, so can others. We just need cool developers to step up. Matthias did some doom hacks once upon a time...maybe we can convince him and others to give it another try...

It sits here on a hard-drive and rots away because i dont have time to work on it. Yes it exists, no its not a wad swap, yes the videos shown are the game running on project tempest emulator, it runs on real hardware too and runs at the same framerate as doom on the jaguar. Larger more complex levels cause it to crawl and can crash if not modified like many others have figured out with jaguar doom hacks. The doom engine (the way its coded) its not an un-tapped powerhouse. It has its issues and it IS pushing the hardware currently as the way its coded and how tasks are divided up on the jaguar unfortunately. I speak strictly from my experience in working with the engine myself on the jag.

Will i let everyone get a copy? Probably, everyone except Gunstar because apparently im a F*** because i wont give him free things at the drop of a hat.. ;)

If you worship me, then you have been inhaling the fumes way too much like the rest.

Edited by rush64321

Boo-hoo...I got it on my DC anyway...the worship part and f***s part were really aimed towards Thunderbird and Gorf who are f's for sure and have flocks of worshippers...you just got caught in the middle of that one really. But you're the one who said Heretic would only be released to the few on rvgc forum or whatever which I felt would be a d*ck move, if you changed your mind, good, but block me if you want. Would I get a copy if allowed? Yes. Do I care if you block me? No. Vaporeware, to me, is any game that never gets released, wether it's real and on you HD makes no difference if fans never get it in their hands...still vaporware to me until you release it.

Edited by Gunstar

It sits here on a hard-drive and rots away because i dont have time to work on it. Yes it exists, no its not a wad swap, yes the videos shown are the game running on project tempest emulator, it runs on real hardware too and runs at the same framerate as doom on the jaguar. Larger more complex levels cause it to crawl and can crash if not modified like many others have figured out with jaguar doom hacks. The doom engine (the way its coded) its not an un-tapped powerhouse. It has its issues and it IS pushing the hardware currently as the way its coded and how tasks are divided up on the jaguar unfortunately. I speak strictly from my experience in working with the engine myself on the jag.

Will i let everyone get a copy? Probably, everyone except Gunstar because apparently im a F*** because i wont give him free things at the drop of a hat.. ;)

If you worship me, then you have been inhaling the fumes way too much like the rest.

Dude I'll do anything to get a physical release of Heretic, estimated cost? Cart or disc? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Any thought this might actually be a reality? Can't imagine that ID is going to be like... hell yes, port our game.... but just curious.

i believe it's the shareware version, only a couple of maps, the demo of the game

shareware demos maybe being more legal to toss around with, maybe, than the actual full game

Edited by Atlantis

i believe it's the shareware version, only a couple of maps, the demo of the game

shareware demos maybe being more legal to toss around with, maybe, than the actual full game

using the Shareware IWAD commercially still violates the Doom Source License as its still using ID's art assets and code. It can only ever been freeware. Zenimax would probably be less cool about it then ID would if they caught wind of it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...