IGNORED

My first steps into making Intv GFXs

Work in progress for INty Pilot

I think that you'll end up with a difficult game to code with a mock-up that looks like that, because you'll need lots of pre-shifted GRAM cards. If I were to do such a game, I'd use full screen scrolling (usual Inty limitations apply :P) and only display lives/level/score between levels or on a magic key-press. That way, you get more GRAM cards for the interesting stuff.

• Like 2

I think that you'll end up with a difficult game to code with a mock-up that looks like that, because you'll need lots of pre-shifted GRAM cards. If I were to do such a game, I'd use full screen scrolling (usual Inty limitations apply :P) and only display lives/level/score between levels or on a magic key-press. That way, you get more GRAM cards for the interesting stuff.

Thanks for letting me know! :thumbsup:

I'm going to re-work it so it display full screen ;)

• Like 2

Thanks for letting me know! :thumbsup:

I'm going to re-work it so it display full screen ;)

Ok, I made the changes :)

post-11933-0-86025000-1413591747.png

• Like 3

Ok, I made the changes :)

Much better! However. the top row of 8 pixels and the left column of 8 pixels will all be the background screen colour (in this case blue) and MOBs/BACKTAB (sprites/tiles) clipped accordingly, for a full screen scrolling, Inty game.

You'll probably need to cut down on the Inty resources because the enemy planes are 3 colours. That would require quite a bit of flicker to achieve. Flicker can be passable on a black background but not so much on blue. Ideally, the planes should be a single colour which frees up MOBs for other things.

• Like 2

Ideally, the planes should be a single colour which frees up MOBs for other things.

That's a strange use of "ideally." :P

Ideally, the planes should be multi-colour. Ideally, we would have more than 8 MOBs to play with. Compensating for technical limitations and practical applications is never ideal.

Sorry, couldn't resist! :grin:

But on to the topic... I am in love with that Bagman concept screen! :lust:

Bagman was always one of my favourite arcade games. Oh, how many quarters I surrender to its insatiable appetite!

The Pilot screen also looks very good, though I agree with GroovyBee: ideally the plans should be single colour to free the MOBs for other uses. Oh wait! :lol:

-dZ.

• Like 1

Bagman looks good, but it'd most likely end up looking like this :-

post-21935-0-81963200-1413634630.png

The top image is your original, the second image is mocked in Foreground/Background mode and the lower one is mocked in Colour Stack mode. I'm not all that familiar with the game so handles in the ceiling and the switches could be done in more than one colour. It all depends on the number of moving baddies/objects in the game. For example if there are only 2 or 3 baddies you could have them as 2 colours each and the player as 2 colours. If there are more baddies, make them a single colour. If the baddies only move in clear space and have limited animation frames, you could use pre-shifted GRAM cards and a MOB to make them two colours.

• Like 2

I hope both of these find their way in a cart and then on my shelf.......say sometime in 2015? ;)

Out of the two, a Time Pilot style game would be more challenging to both code and to get it to "feel right". A Bagman style game would be a good candidate for IntyBASIC, in my opinion.

Bagman looks good, but it'd most likely end up looking like this :-attachicon.gifBagmanInty.pngThe top image is your original, the second image is mocked in Foreground/Background mode and the lower one is mocked in Colour Stack mode. I'm not all that familiar with the game so handles in the ceiling and the switches could be done in more than one colour. It all depends on the number of moving baddies/objects in the game. For example if there are only 2 or 3 baddies you could have them as 2 colours each and the player as 2 colours. If there are more baddies, make them a single colour. If the baddies only move in clear space and have limited animation frames, you could use pre-shifted GRAM cards and a MOB to make them two colours.

Man, how I forgot to make those changes!?

Yeah, you're absolutely right

I think I'm going to complete all 3 screens for Bagman

• Like 3