IGNORED

My first steps into making Intv GFXs

Hey, I'm not spending that much time to not see those pictures into real INtv rom files ;)

Well, I admit some are just made for fun but there's few of them that will turn into real games

It's inspiring, in the least... perhaps some people will pick up the ball and make a few of these games.

• Like 1

Im going to make a mock up of Pong.....you guys get ready for this.

Why not!

That's a good start to be familiar with

I remember making all scenes in pixels graphics for Clockwork Orange back in 1995

I wanted to make a video game out of it

Today, If I was going to make a Clockwork Orange game, I would make a 16 bit Beat em up

• 1 month later...

Any updates?

Here's a list of graphics J-L posted so far in this thread:

• Tarzan
  • Montezuma’s Revenge
  • Cabbage Patch Kids
  • BC Quest for Tires
  • Karateka
  • Ghost ‘n Goblins
  • Head2Head Racing
  • Knockout
  • Antarctic Adventure
  • Jungle Hunt
  • Pirate Pete
  • Cashman (Bagman)
  • Inty (Time) Pilot
  • Inty Sprint
  • Elevator Action
  • Cosmic Raider (Avenger)
  • Chopper Command

I know J-L said some were just for fun, but that means the others may be games soon - any of which would be awesome!

• Like 1

Any updates?

Here's a list of graphics J-L posted so far in this thread:

• Tarzan
  • Montezuma’s Revenge
  • Cabbage Patch Kids
  • BC Quest for Tires
  • Karateka
  • Ghost ‘n Goblins
  • Head2Head Racing
  • Knockout
  • Antarctic Adventure
  • Jungle Hunt
  • Pirate Pete
  • Cashman (Bagman)
  • Inty (Time) Pilot
  • Inty Sprint
  • Elevator Action
  • Cosmic Raider (Avenger)
  • Chopper Command

I know J-L said some were just for fun, but that means the others may be games soon - any of which would be awesome!

You want me to make more?

BTW: it's J-F ;)

Super mario.. I suppose i could do it myself but hey if you are feeling up to it. I could send you an nes mario bitmap full of mario stuff that i made pixel to pixel identical to the nes version if you want it to play around with it to take on the task of making an inty screenshot.

Edited by pimpmaul69

just farting around here with my limited knowledge (need to read up on all the info groovybee sent me) but i think super mario could be very doable. i have to make corrections to the blocks if it was even going to ever be done. i just slapped this together.

post-30773-0-93163300-1417494120_thumb.png

post-30773-0-73157200-1417494137_thumb.png<------ Large view

post-30773-0-46991700-1417495812_thumb.png

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 6

just farting around here with my limited knowledge (need to read up on all the info groovybee sent me) but i think super mario could be very doable. i have to make corrections to the blocks if it was even going to ever be done. i just slapped this together.

attachicon.gifsmario.png

attachicon.gifsmario4x.png<------ Large view

attachicon.gifsmario4xu.png

Looks great man! :cool: :thumbsup:

Looks great man! :cool: :thumbsup:

this is done using the standard inty palette. I dont know how to mix colors and im sure i need something better than ms paint. I only have used photoshop very little. Im a pixel artist. Everything i have done has been done 1 pixel at a time. You would be amazed at what i can "photoshop" 1 pixel at a time. All the other games i have done pixel art in have always had 256 or 16.7 million (or whatever it is) color palettes so i have never been restricted by the colors. So i need a better understanding of that. If i go back and read my pm from groovybee i got a while back i believe he tells me all about it.

Looks good but you are wasting a couple of MOBs on the pipe ends because you have 3 colours per 8x8 cell and only a foreground and background colour are allowed by the hardware. You'd have to let the background show through (like in the bottom image). Then you could use those MOBs to add extra colours to the player or baddies.

Looks good but you are wasting a couple of MOBs on the pipe ends because you have 3 colours per 8x8 cell and only a foreground and background colour are allowed by the hardware. You'd have to let the background show through (like in the bottom image). Then you could use those MOBs to add extra colours to the player or baddies.

if you could post 2 intricate character mobs that go together it might help me to understand that whole part. not totally sure i understand the pipe issue. The top is an 8x8 with green and a black border on 3 sides x2 (flipped) and the bottom is 7x8 with green and a black stripe on one side x2 (flipped). Im not totally sure where the limitation is. Sorry to ask im just trying to learn how to get it right. I feel i can artistically achieve this as i have years of experience doing pixel art. I just need to understand the limitations a little better.

Exit: i think you might be saying i am wasting mobs needed for the good stuff but i am not understanding the 3 color issue. If it is the bottom part i have no problems making the pipe straight down from top to bottom. is this better or should i completely ditch the second color altogether?

post-30773-0-48620400-1417582562_thumb.png

post-30773-0-65161000-1417582583_thumb.png

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 1