IGNORED

My first steps into making Intv GFXs

Ah, I just downloaded to my Note 3, haven't had a change to play it yet, too busy with multiple PM's ;)

Just tried it. Plays great!. Only thing is the wrapper doesn't let you exit the app with the hardware menu or the Android back arrow, at least on the Note 3 running the previous Android OS 4.4.2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elektronite told me they have dibbs on this one

I proposed to gave them all graphics if they're going to make it

Thank you for this....you've done an amazing job on the graphics. The wheels are moving very slowly on this game, but there IS progress with the Intellivision Miner 2049er rights. We are talking with Bill Hogue himself (Programmer of Miner2049er) regarding being able to do a legitimate release. Hopefully he will be able to legally give the go ahead soon.

• Like 8

Thank you for this....you've done an amazing job on the graphics. The wheels are moving very slowly on this game, but there IS progress with the Intellivision Miner 2049er rights. We are talking with Bill Hogue himself (Programmer of Miner2049er) regarding being able to do a legitimate release. Hopefully he will be able to legally give the go ahead soon.

Excellent!

If the game on the Intellivision is unique in gameplay or has programmatic level generation or something, it could sell well. If it is a great port of the game as-is I am not so sure.

When I played it back in the day it seemed to me to be a cross between Boulderdaah and Donkey Kong - with a very frustrating timing jump mechanism. Fun initially but not a lot of replay value and not something to show to visitors "hey watch me play this 1-player game you don't recognize".

A modern version on the Inty would have to be a big differentiator to pick up sales beyond what we have seen in the Inty homebrew/independent past, so I hope that is there with a new 2049er release.

• 3 weeks later...

post-24767-0-29554300-1444509411_thumb.gif

I wanted to play around with FG/BG graphic mode for the Intellivision. I had Simon's Quest on my mind and had to get it out of my head and put it on something before I go insane. I made the tiles in Tilestudio. I used IntyColor to port it over to IntyBASIC. I made the sprites and place them in place.

• Like 7

That looks incredible. It looks like you have more the one color in a single file location (for example th grey stones have white in the top-left corner but green in the bottom-right). How did you do that?

attachicon.gifshot0011.gif

I wanted to play around with FG/BG graphic mode for the Intellivision. I had Simon's Quest on my mind and had to get it out of my head and put it on something before I go insane. I made the tiles in Tilestudio. I used IntyColor to port it over to IntyBASIC. I made the sprites and place them in place.

That looks incredible. It looks like you have more the one color in a single file location (for example th grey stones have white in the top-left corner but green in the bottom-right). How did you do that?

The large stones are 16x16 pixels so that uses up 4 GRAM cards. Each card can be 2 colours in foreground/background mode.

• 5 weeks later...