IGNORED

My first steps into making Intv GFXs

Maybe just make part the map incomplete. The user can draw in the map when they venture in a new area. I remember writing in the 1ups I found in Mario 3 were not marked on their map. Also Zelda I also drew in the heart container that I found.

I recalled Link's Awaking in Nintendo power had this colored overworld map where you're suppose to be depending what instrument you're collecting. If you are looking for instrument number 1, then that area would be in green. Number 2 would be in red, and number 3 would be in blue. The rest of the map is uncovered.

Just a thought.

Slightly off topic but these turned up on my YT suggestions. Quite interesting.

How "oldschool" graphics worked Part 1 - Commodore and Nintendo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfh0ytz8S0k

How "oldschool" graphics work, part 2 - Apple and Atari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rsycfDliZU

Back in the day I used to play around with the C64 OCP Advanced Art Studio.

Amongst other things I remember doing a decent Donald Duck… :)

Anyways, if I want to try Inty Graphics what is the best way to go about it?

• Like 1

Anyways, if I want to try Inty Graphics what is the best way to go about it?

Do you mean for use in games or game title pages or just abstract art? If its the latter two then download the IntyBASIC SDK and use IntyColor to convert your work into something that can be run on an emulator or CC3. It has its limitations but for getting going and having fun its a good start. You might also want to read "stic.txt" in the SDK's "..\Documents\Tech" folder but its technical and a dry read.

Do you mean for use in games or game title pages or just abstract art? If its the latter two then download the IntyBASIC SDK and use IntyColor to convert your work into something that can be run on an emulator or CC3. It has its limitations but for getting going and having fun its a good start. You might also want to read "stic.txt" in the SDK's "..\Documents\Tech" folder but its technical and a dry read.

Thanks! Just abstract art to begin with...

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Are those mock-ups designed for some kind of expanded Intellivision, or are you planning to use a lot of MOBs to flesh out the background? I see several places where you use 3-5 (!!) colours in the same 8x8 GRAM. I hate to be a nay-sayer, and I'm sure you'll find out sooner than later if you already didn't.

Are those mock-ups designed for some kind of expanded Intellivision, or are you planning to use a lot of MOBs to flesh out the background? I see several places where you use 3-5 (!!) colours in the same 8x8 GRAM. I hate to be a nay-sayer, and I'm sure you'll find out sooner than later if you already didn't.

Yes correct

As it is right now, there's alot of things left to do before having a background that respect the INtv limitation

But like I said, that's a very early wip