IGNORED

Is this possible on the 2600 (easily..)?

Cassidy Nolen

Hi all,

I am thinking about a feedback controller set up for a 2600 game. I do not want to let the "cat out of the bag" yet, but need to know if what I am thinking could be done without much modifying.....

Is there a way to make a "signal" come off of a standard 2600 when something gets hit (ie, when a collision is detected in the program) that could be wired to a relay/motor and do something? My idea would be an insert that went into the cartridge slot, and then the cart plugged into it. It would be a sort of piggyback setup the way that 32X plugged into the Sega.

Let me know what you think. Thanks, I really do have a point to this, just want to be secret for now :)

Cassidy

Is there a way to make a "signal" come off of a standard 2600 when something gets hit (ie, when a collision is detected in the program)...

:idea: Yes, but you have to change the code.

...that could be wired to a relay/motor and do something?

How about some nice electroshocks? ;)

Let me know what you think.  Thanks, I really do have a point to this, just want to be secret for now :)

Sounds cool! Let's get ready to rumble! :D

Yes, but you have to change the code.

Would it be difficult to do that? Could a 4K game remain a 4K game with that added?

I am thinking about a peripheral that would be packaged with this new version of an old game. 4K games would be the easiest to produce.

Anyone interested in helping write it? You'd get the first one free..... :)

Cassidy

1. Write games or modify them so they jump to a certain address when they get the collision detect signal you want to trigger off of

2. Add a cart insert with a modified bankswitch detection circuit set to that address

3. Wire a playstation dual shock into the controller port for joystick signals and into the cart insert for the rumble signal

My website has some of the info you need on it already:

www94.pair.com/jsoper

LOL @ Electroshocks.

*One customer had this to say*

"After getting shocked for the 7th time, I let my Atari 2600 go flying out the window. It still works. I bet that wouldn't happen with a PS2 or X-Box. Game ON"

Hey, I'm all for new controllers, especially if they get new games written to use them so you have a reason to buy the extra controllers. But an addon like this would make hacking games easy and people would start doing it for everything (combat, berzerk, space invaders, pac-man, pretty much any game could be enhanced this way) I'd definately buy one, and I'll be waiting for you to announce it.