IGNORED

What is everyone's setup?

Boxed super metroid has me a little jelly.

(warning, I try not to post late Saturday night, I'm in NOLA so I've been drinking, I hope I don't regret any of this post in the morning--sorry in advance)

Here's my modern setup--it's actually looking like upgrade time this year with the recent tax refund. Currently a ~102", 720p setup (Mitsubishi hc1500) with G25 racing wheel as racing sims are my main genre lately (w/ gteye brake upgrade, wheelstand pro). Audio is supplied by either the cheapest available rca 5.1 setup with speakers literally piled on top of it as in the pic, or a Sharkoon gaming headset through a turtle beach dolby 5.1 adapter for when I'm being serious online. Whole thing is hardwired to a "50mbit" (more like 35...) internet connection.

For systems, ps3 is still my main, with a 360 that never gets played, and low-end gaming pc that I should actually start calling "midrange" after seeing xbone/ps4 stats. Today I actually laid the groundwork for the projector upgrade with a Framemeister purchase that should eliminate some classic gaming variables. With the framemeister, I have to worry about HD latency and price next time rather than my main goals last time which were 240p performance and price.

41838333887022843191472.jpg

Just to the right of the big easy chair, I've recently remodeled my 'retrocomputing' desk and am especially proud of the 'de-junking' there.

post-17659-0-18793800-1394955693_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

My "modern" system setup (Wii U is downstairs and not pictured):

mycurrentgensetup.jpg

My classic system setup (Nintendo consoles are boxed up...emulation is good enough, the bins contain cartidges):

myclassicsetup.jpg

I used to have some cabs and a pinball but things happen in life and you have to let go of stuff.

Still have tons of boxes, marquee's, toys, systems etc. Someday I'll work on a gameroom just need to save up cash for the project. :)

Edited by cimerians
  • Like 2

I can't find a A/V switch above four, where do you guys get those things and what do you call them?

I was lucky enough to land two of these, (it's pictured on the bottom left of my top pic):

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-System-Selector-Pro-Sony-PSP/dp/B0001GAYUE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Not the most durable but it's lasted for a decade so far, if left alone (that is, not constantly plugging and unplugging things).

I haven't searched for system selectors in a long while so I'm not sure what's out there these days.

• Like 1

I can't find a A/V switch above four, where do you guys get those things and what do you call them?

I only use a fairly deluxe 4-way myself, but here's a cheap 8-way composite switch. I wouldn't trust it's "two out" functionality, since I don't see a power adapter option. Best leave splitting of video to a proper distribution amp.

edit: ^ nice unit above. I'll have to keep an eye out for one.

Edited by Reaperman

Maybe I'm a bad boy for being content with emulation and not collecting systems anymore (still keep the PS2 around at least though).

But, just to the left of the living room when you come in the front door, are the arcade machines of DIG DUG, NEO GEO 4 SLOT and PHOENIX. They all need maintenance and I'm too busy with major house projects right now.

My Wii has Genesis/MD, NES/FC, SNES/SFC, and GB/GBC/GBA full catalogs, along with the ability to save Wii games to an external to play them without inserting the disc.

Now that's what I am taking about!! Best system ever!!

Hey you guys ever look into time travel?? If I could get back to 89??