IGNORED

Possessed Intellivision, need an exorcist (or troubleshooting)

mojotv67

I was checking one of my 2609s and it's acting all out of whack. Most games play fine but these particular ones are spazzing out:

Astrosmash - When you fire the laser, the shot stays suspended on the upper part of the screen. You can fire again and the first shot will still destroy space rocks.

Space Hawk - Firing the ray gun will result in a slow motion shot.

Auto Racing - The one player car appears almost directly behind its shadow.

Slam Dunk SP Basketball - The players will dribble way off the court (and off screen!)

I don't know anything about electronics but it seems to be a bad chip or something... any ideas of what it could be & whether it could be easily fixed?

Thanks.

Edited by mojotv67

When an Inty behaves randomly like that, first suspect is the RA-3-9600 RAM chip. You can try reseating it and see if that helps, but usually swapping it out is the way to go if you can find a spare.

- J The biggest problem to doing this is getting to the chips They are encased with a metal housing I use a dremel tool to cut through solder joints.It is a pain, you could use small torch to melt solder . There are a couple of good Youtube videos on Intellivision repair .